Go Irish!!

This is exactly how I think. I have surmised that another bammer win would negatively impact our rebuilding which as it currently stands is a monumental task. We compete with bammer and jawja more than we do with ND for elite talent. The stronger they get the more difficult it is for us to become strong again

I agree, I do think we have maybe gotten a few recruits only bc we play in the "big bad SEC" that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise that may have been considering to go to okay or good ACC or Big Ten schools etc but not enough to put us over the edge and we aren't getting the ones Bama, GA, Fl, SC is getting bc they are in the "big bad SEC" and they are good and winning.

I am not pulling for ND though, not pulling for Bama either. Will watch with interest and just bc i love college football in general but know that our situation overall doesn't change much either way at this point.

Agreed. Bama fans make me sick to my stomach. I like bringing up the two Mikes; Price and Shula. They have no memory of that era. Arrogant arses.

Cough...choke...Go Irish...spit.

I have never understood how one can invest 364 days a year to hating a rival only to throw up their hands and say "SEC" when they play a team we rarely play.

Bammer winning hurts us more than ND winning.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I hate all the "SEC fans" we have these days. Those are the true bandwagoners in my opinion. Conference pride is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If you root for Alabama in anything, we don't need you cheering for the Vols.

Conference pride is understandable, but when its always bama or florida that reps us, conference pride dissolves quickly. I could have maybe "pulled" for ga, but right now notre dame is lookin like knights in shining armor to me. Go irish, aka buck fama.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree, I do think we have maybe gotten a few recruits only bc we play in the "big bad SEC" that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise that may have been considering to go to okay or good ACC or Big Ten schools etc but not enough to put us over the edge and we aren't getting the ones Bama, GA, Fl, SC is getting bc they are in the "big bad SEC" and they are good and winning.

I am not pulling for ND though, not pulling for Bama either. Will watch with interest and just bc i love college football in general but know that our situation overall doesn't change much either way at this point.

I can handle that. My emotional hatred for bammer forces me to cheer for their opponent.

I will pull for every team that plays Bama except USC, Michigan and Notre Dame.

I guess I get the USC and Michigan but why ND? Don't get me wrong I certainly don't like them but they have never caused us the kind of pain bammer has.

1. Loving Tennessee
2. Hating your rivals
3. Conference pride

What makes college athletics so great is the combination of pageantry and pure hatred of rivals. Neglecting that to support a team you loathe in achieving the highest honor is preposterous.

Please explain conference pride.

The only time it makes sense to essentially "root" for another SEC team is if they are on your regular season schedule and you have yet to play them.

Your goal should be to beat Bama and then have them go undefeated thus improving your schedule strength. Other than that there is no good in Bama winning the NC for us because we will be courting the same recruits. And with another NC they will probably be able to lock up all the 5-stars in the south again.

ND on the other hand will def not be recruiting the same kids that we will be going after due to academics etc.... So long story short......GO IRISH!!!!! :yess:

Reactions: 3 people
The thought of a Tennessee fan pulling for bama makes me physically ill.

Never understood the whole conference pride thing, H3ll with the rest of the SEC. Go Irish!!

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone who is not sick to death of seeing those DAMNED A's all over everything and RTR and has ever had to hear that effn rammer jammer song, you have my regards. This is like the Pittsburgh - Dallas Superbowl, I hope they tie and and the game is stopped because they both suck. As far as the SEC winning the last 6 or 7 titles in a row, who gives a turkey, unless it's us.

1. Loving tennessee
2. Hating your rivals
3. Conference pride

what makes college athletics so great is the combination of pageantry and pure hatred of rivals. Neglecting that to support a team you loathe in achieving the highest honor is preposterous.

absolutely! Gbo!!! ><>

Conference pride is understandable, but rooting for you hated rival is unacceptable. I guarantee you that bama would not be supportive of a UT national championship.

It's not in the best interest of UT for Alabama to win another one. I am a Tennessee fan, not an SEC fan.

alabama is already in the national championship game....they are not seen any less by recruits if they lose.

with that said...i hate ND way to much. they have more band wagoners than any SEC school combined.

conference Pride is the only reason UK football fans get up in the morning...it does help saying we play in the best conference in the country. However this doesn't mean i can pull for Alabama. Conference pride is last on the list of importance...close to the top is an oppenent playing Alabama is my friend (its the only reason a friend of mine, who is an LSU fan, can get along when it comes to sports- we both hate the same team). Unless its Florida playing Alabama (cause thats just unbearable)- if Alabama is playing I'm cheering against them. So, go Irish.

i disagree,it is in the best interest of the SEC,to win another national championship game for sure,on the recruiting trail.it is great to say,you want to be the best? you need to play in the best conference in the USA and that is the SEC

This. People please stop hating on Nana learn to be happy for someone else then we will get our turn soon enough

I never bought into the SEC no matter what bull****.
Bammer has enough championships. I hope the Irish take them out.

I will pull for Bama because i hate ND. But i am more mad at Tennessee and the higher up guys for not getting this fixed 4 years ago after we fired Fulmer. Hammy should of threw the check book at Brian Kelly or Kevin Summlin. We might be in that championship game if someone would of got it right.

VN Store

Back