Go FSU!!!!!!

Urban goes back to Florida if they fire Mullen. Let’s hope they beat FSU.

evil-dontyou.gif

If Florida loses to FSU next week, they will not be bowl eligible. I watched them lose to Missouri today and they reminded me so much of the Tennessee team that only needed one win to get to a bowl with two winnable games left a few years ago, that completely quit.

I hope UF loses next week and it spirals into poor recruiting, coaching changes, de-commitments, excessive portal entries, etc. Love to see a re-set that takes them a few decades (at least) to recover from.
Fyp

I've maintained that Mullen is a good coach, but I don't know what to make of this now. They certainly seem like they've quit on the coaches. Something had to have happened internally during or after the Kentucky game. They just haven't looked anything like the team that beat us badly and took Bama to the wire. They seem to play worse and worse each passing week. No doubt in my mind that we would beat them by 30 pts if we played today. I'm not sure I can see Mullen surviving this season if they lose again next week. He may already be out the door.

Yeah. Something happened behind the scenes. The players quit on him a few weeks ago. Not sure what is going on but hope it continues.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So where would the UF job rank? The big jobs I know are available are (in my suggested order):

USC
LSU
Washington
TCU
Virginia Tech
Miami (probably)
Texas Tech
Washington State

I guess there's a few other obvious possibilities. Does Texas cut Sark this soon after a 5-7 season, at best?

Who am I missing? I'd have to think UF would be a top 3 job out of the ones I listed. Top 4 if Texas pursues a change. Great year to be Napier, Freeze, Fickell, Chadwell, maybe Kiffin.

With conference realignments and playoff expansion coming. Many jobs will be thought of differently. Tcu and Washington will be better than Florida who will have to get thru Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc to have a chance. Better to go to another conference and dominate that slate and those programs have the money to pay competitively.

I would rank

USC, not best program available, just best combo of conference and school to make playoff.
LSU, lots of talent available, easy to recruit if your good.
TCU, great program, great facilities, easy conference in the future.
Washington, TCU without the facilities, their history has been forgotten like ours, but they used to be a very formidable program.
Florida, hardest conference, split recruiting areas, funky problems behind scenes.
Miami, could be good, if the right person comes in, NIL could unleash them. Weak conference, could jump Florida here.
TT.
VT.
WSU.

Plus FSU, PennSt could come open depending, and several others.

Sadly, UT fans have said that a ton over the last 30 years. For the most part, they're correct. But you play them when you play them. UT played them late in the season last year and lost. Had they played them week 1 or 2, UT may have won.
And Mullen is 5-0 against UT? That's sickening!

We really wanted a mediocre Mullen to stay there. The Kiffin rumors are already heating up. Would he leave a school that he's just settled into for another gig????

I've maintained that Mullen is a good coach, but I don't know what to make of this now. They certainly seem like they've quit on the coaches. Something had to have happened internally during or after the Kentucky game. They just haven't looked anything like the team that beat us badly and took Bama to the wire. They seem to play worse and worse each passing week. No doubt in my mind that we would beat them by 30 pts if we played today. I'm not sure I can see Mullen surviving this season if they lose again next week. He may already be out the door.

They look very similar to the Vols after halftime of the UGA game last year. Sometimes something happens and teams quit on the coach.

VN Store

Back