Go FSU!!!!!!

reaperkyle

Orange Blooded
If Florida loses to FSU next week, they will not be bowl eligible. I watched them lose to Missouri today and they reminded me so much of the Tennessee team that only needed one win to get to a bowl with two winnable games left a few years ago, that completely quit.

I hope UF loses next week and it spirals into poor recruiting, coaching changes, de-commitments, excessive portal entries, etc. Love to see a re-set that takes them a few years (at least) to recover from.

Last edited:
I asked a week ago if anyone had seen the Gator posters on here to gain their insight. Something is going on with Mullen and Co.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
No, lets hope they win.. Florida actually has the potential to hire a competent coach if they fire Mullen. Still a dangerous job with the right coach.

Maybe, but there are a lot of jobs available, many better and with less behind the scenes issues that seem to go on there. They might be about to enter the dark ages like we are emerging from. If there's a chance it happens, I'll take it. Love to see them drop down for a decade and relish in it.

Maybe, but there are a lot of jobs available, many better and with less behind the scenes issues that seem to go on there. They might be about to enter the dark ages like we are emerging from. If there's a chance it happens, I'll take it. Love to see them drop down for a decade and relish in it.

So where would the UF job rank? The big jobs I know are available are (in my suggested order):

USC
LSU
Washington
TCU
Virginia Tech
Miami (probably)
Texas Tech
Washington State

I guess there's a few other obvious possibilities. Does Texas cut Sark this soon after a 5-7 season, at best?

Who am I missing? I'd have to think UF would be a top 3 job out of the ones I listed. Top 4 if Texas pursues a change. Great year to be Napier, Freeze, Fickell, Chadwell, maybe Kiffin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange Swagger
I've maintained that Mullen is a good coach, but I don't know what to make of this now. They certainly seem like they've quit on the coaches. Something had to have happened internally during or after the Kentucky game. They just haven't looked anything like the team that beat us badly and took Bama to the wire. They seem to play worse and worse each passing week. No doubt in my mind that we would beat them by 30 pts if we played today. I'm not sure I can see Mullen surviving this season if they lose again next week. He may already be out the door.

$12M buyout.

Will Florida pay that?
Between Mcelwain & Muschamp they paid approximately 15 mil so I would say that in light of how bad things have gone this year that UF would definitely pay DM 12 mil to go away .

It just goes to show how game to game college football really is. It wasn't too long ago that many on here wanted Fulmer to lock Pruitt up after the '19 season. Didn't MSU just sign their coach to $95MM deal and they got spanked today. Mullen & UF had a good year last year and took Bama to the wire this season then spanked UT....then fell apart.

IMO, the coach worshiping, not just by the fans but the administrations as well needs to stop. All of these guys are hired guns. Their agents are always out there to get them a better deal. Either at the school they're currently at, or someone willing to pay more.

If Florida pulls the trigger on Mullen, it’s going to be like Tennessee in 2012. Players getting drafted and players transferring due to coaching change all at the same time. I want Mullen to stay and suffer another year because I fear Kiffin or freeze at Florida but that team could get decimated if there’s a coaching change.

VN Store

Back