Gluttons for Punishment Dynasty

With the patch, if the D gets one encroachment penalty, they will commit a penalty every time after that, that there is a fake snap regardless of the setting.

Wow...that is unreal...for all the improvements on the game the most elementary of things are slipping through the cracks...they need to tighten the screws up or end up losing their rabid fan base.

it's amazing these days how a game can be initially good, and be totally sucky and broken after an update or two. then again, this is the first time i've ever actually seen a game where its gameplay goes backwards in development after a patch......

kudos to EA

Last edited:
They clearly didn't robustly test this patch. I mean, these are fundamental, totally gamebreaking flaws that were easily discovered. Granted that collectively players log millions of hours in the first day a game or patch is released and are bound to uncover something that can then be quickly disseminated due to the internet... But these are things they should be checking. they are obvious things that can encountered in even ONE game where you were trying things out. Pump faking, even backwards, is something that should be checked. D-line aggressive staying on no matter what, would be hard to notice maybe, but not when every time you fake snap they jump off sides no matter what after one penalty. That could be caught if the patch was tested over say 10 games, pretty easily.

Just drives me crazy. This game was almost perfectly balanced. You could have shootouts but at the same time, there was always a possibility of a defensive game. Unless you turn the ball over, there is no reason not to score every possession if you really need to.

Well - duckman and gahlee got in that shoot out and they are both good on D - so I don't know.

I guess you could call harry's thrashing of me a shootout except he was the only one doing the shooting. But 31 points total (both teams combined) is pretty much the most I've had in any user vs. user game I think.

Well - duckman and gahlee got in that shoot out and they are both good on D - so I don't know.

I guess you could call harry's thrashing of me a shootout except he was the only one doing the shooting. But 31 points total (both teams combined) is pretty much the most I've had in any user vs. user game I think.

You aren't really a juggernaut of offense. Isn't your game. There really isn't anyone like that in Harry's dynasty now that I think about it.

Crazyguy is left, and Big Train if he still wants in. Big Train, if you want in speak up. Otherwise I have someone else who wants in.

someone said XBL starts charging money after 2 patches for that game - and that EA may be too stingy and may or may not patch - who knows.

Sorry, ill go downstairs and play now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just public service announcement, wasn't calling you out. It's only been like a day.

Appreciate it, though. It's hard to walk the line of keeping us moving fast, and making it a burden on members to keep playing all the time.

After we advance, I recommend taking it into practice mode for a few minutes. I tweaked a lot of things (balanced) because of the new patch. It should play a lot like pre-patch again.

I've been starting to randomly throwing for 300-450ish yards - but that was pre-patch even - you can look at the games before the patch from my QB(s) to verify. In both dynasties actually.

For whatever reason I've been able to hit the deep route and I have a pretty fast QB in both dynasties and have been making plays against the CPU.. hopefully it will translate vs. human.. because now I'm sucky at running (atleast with Clemson - I think because my O-line isn't as good).

I've been starting to randomly throwing for 300-450ish yards - but that was pre-patch even - you can look at the games before the patch from my QB(s) to verify. In both dynasties actually.

For whatever reason I've been able to hit the deep route and I have a pretty fast QB in both dynasties and have been making plays against the CPU.. hopefully it will translate vs. human.. because now I'm sucky at running (atleast with Clemson - I think because my O-line isn't as good).

I know who I have to watch out for and who I don't Bass.

Let me ask you guys this, i have very little human player experience and i am progressing as i go, but is playing alot of random online games a good way to get more comfortable with the more unpredictability of human games or is the cheese factor not even worth wasting your time on?

VN Store

Back