Globalism v. "Patriotism"

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Trump speech at UN:

President Trump spelled out a staunchly nationalist platform as he opened his third address to the United Nations, relaying a skeptical view of globalism at the world’s foremost multilateral body.

“The free world must embrace its national foundations. It must not attempt to erase them or replace them,” Trump said as he began his address. “Looking around, and all over this large, magnificent planet, the truth is plain to see: if you want freedom, take pride in your country. If you want democracy, hold on to your sovereignty. And if you want peace, love your nation.”

It was a view reflective of Trump’s long-held stance that places a greater weight on national identity than on trans-border ties. He said “wise leaders put the good of their own people and their own country first.”

“The future does not belong to globalists. The future belongs to patriots,” Trump said. “The future belongs to sovereign and independent nations, who protect their citizens, respect their neighbors and honor the differences that make each country special and unique.”

Yeah, globalism has clearly failed our country, and now we only have the second highest standard of living on Earth. Just leave us be, and we'll respect what you do in your own country, and leave you be. What's that you say, you're building nuclear missiles? No problem! Hope you don't use them on us. Worked out great for super "Patriots" like Neville Chamberlain!

“Looking around, and all over this large, magnificent planet, the truth is plain to see: if you want freedom, take pride in your country. If you want democracy, hold on to your sovereignty. And if you want peace, love your nation.

What? This is ridiculous counsel. It's fine to be a proud American, but there is plenty of national patriotism in ****** countries.

Freedom and nationalism often conflict, Mr. President.

Reactions: NashVol11 and Mick
Globalism has really just become a catchy buzzword used to exploit ignorant, populist fear.

There are some real problems with government-driven globalism, but if the free market and free people are choosing globalism, the government should not stand in the way. Red hats think all/most globalism is destructive and they'll take your freedom from you, all the while telling you it's for your freedom.

Reactions: tvolsfan
At least from the excerpts you brought in probably one of his better speeches.

And again from what you brought over it doesnt sound like he is rejecting much of what globalism stands for. He just says do globalism at a national level. Take care of yourself.

Its basic, look at the airplane safety messages, put your own mask own before you help others. Hard to say we have our own mask figured out.

At least from the excerpts you brought in probably one of his better speeches.

And again from what you brought over it doesnt sound like he is rejecting much of what globalism stands for. He just says do globalism at a national level. Take care of yourself.

Its basic, look at the airplane safety messages, put your own mask own before you help others. Hard to say we have our own mask figured out.

And yet he wants to fix Saudi Arabia's problems

Trump called on North Korea to end its pursuit of a nuclear weapon during his speech at the UN moments ago. Here's what he said:

“America knows while anyone can make war, the only the most courageous can choose peace for the same reason we have pursued bold diplomacy on the Korean peninsula," he said. "I've told Kim Jong-un, what I truly believe, that like Iran, his country is full of untapped potential. To realize that promise, North Korea must denuclearize."

So help me understand. Trump wants everyone to "respect their neighbors" and "honor the differences" between countries, yet in the same speech, he tells North Korea what to do.

Hypocrisy 101.

I'm not saying Wilbur Ross is sleeping through Trump's #UNGA speech. I'm just saying every time the cameras pan to him his eyes are closed and his head's slightly drooped.

EFPJYDSXYAAkV-D.jpg

Trump called on North Korea to end its pursuit of a nuclear weapon during his speech at the UN moments ago. Here's what he said:

“America knows while anyone can make war, the only the most courageous can choose peace for the same reason we have pursued bold diplomacy on the Korean peninsula," he said. "I've told Kim Jong-un, what I truly believe, that like Iran, his country is full of untapped potential. To realize that promise, North Korea must denuclearize."

So help me understand. Trump wants everyone to "respect their neighbors" and "honor the differences" between countries, yet in the same speech, he tells North Korea what to do.

Hypocrisy 101.

So, what do you want to do with Korea and Iran? If Iran had a nuke, and N. Korea had a nuke, or better, what if both had the ability to be real bullies....how do you think they would act?

The more days that pass, the more resources dwindle, and the more countries try to increase their sphere of influence we are going to have issues.

His speech like all these types are filled with hopes and dreams and idealism. But, we are hoping to have a world where we can at least tolerate one another, and coexist. There are many on the planet who can't do that, and won't.

Globalism is economic cancer for countries that can do. I still remember sitting in an economics class at UT in 1997 and listening to "the wonders of globalism" and thinking to myself "what in the f##k?"....

If you love Walmart..globalism is for you.

Globalism is economic cancer for countries that can do. I still remember sitting in an economics class at UT in 1997 and listening to "the wonders of globalism" and thinking to myself "what in the f##k?"....

If you love Walmart..globalism is for you.

Walmart? You think of Walmart when you think of globalism. I think of everything when I think of globalism. Most things we consume are produced, at least in part, by the global economy. My car is from Korea and I love my car. Great bang for the buck. My phone is 1/3 the price it would be if it were all made in America. We get fresh produce in the winter because of globalism.

Central planners, please save us from this convenient, beautiful cancer.

Walmart? You think of Walmart when you think of globalism. I think of everything when I think of globalism. Most things we consume are produced, at least in part, by the global economy. My car is from Korea and I love my car. Great bang for the buck. My phone is 1/3 the price it would be if it were all made in America. We get fresh produce in the winter because of globalism.

What do you do for America? In order to buy that phone you had to earn money.

Most Koreans are....

untitled.png

Reactions: n_huffhines
What do you do for America? In order to buy that phone you had to earn money.

I am in charge of traffic and revenue on a few ecommerce websites my employer owns. We sell products by both foreign and domestic companies. We also have a few of our own products. Globalization allows our company to be much bigger than it would be otherwise. We have Americans working in multiple warehouses, corporate offices, brick and mortar stores, sales guys, delivery guys, customer service, etc. We wouldn't be the same company without globalization, if we even existed, and we're the 3rd largest private employer in the county where we're located. Can I get some more of this cancer, please?

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
I am in charge of traffic and revenue on a few ecommerce websites my employer owns. We sell products by both foreign and domestic companies. We also have a few of our own products. Globalization allows our company to be much bigger than it would be otherwise. We have Americans working in multiple warehouses, corporate offices, brick and mortar stores, sales guys, delivery guys, customer service, etc. We wouldn't be the same company without globalization, if we even existed, and we're the 3rd largest private employer in the county where we're located. Can I get some more of this cancer, please?

I do think many associate Globalism Commerce with One World Gov't. There's a clear distinction imo.

There are some real problems with government-driven globalism, but if the free market and free people are choosing globalism, the government should not stand in the way. Red hats think all/most globalism is destructive and they'll take your freedom from you, all the while telling you it's for your freedom.
Youre quite ignorant of the UN and their agenda. Amongst many other things you're very ignorant about

Reactions: volfanjustin
Global trade is different than having the UN or some foreign gov imposing their agenda. Apples and lettuce

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Global trade is different than having the UN or some foreign gov imposing their agenda. Apples and lettuce

Of course they are different but they are both aspects of globalism, which is what we're talking about. Did you read this post ITT?

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back