Glad we have an AD now, but......

His job wasn't to hire a coach who would win at Nebraska you dolt. His job was to hire coaches who could win at UCF. And you are still missing the point. He wouldn't leave a cushy ass job unless those questions were satisfactorily answered.
Yes...him leaving that "cushy job" couldn't have ANYTHING to do with the extra 700,000 a year that UT is paying him.

Lol..if you say so

Buffalo loves Leipold and gave him a 5 year extension. They have 5 winning seasons since 1970. He has 3 of the 5. They have one 10 win season in the history of the program. He owns it. They were 6-1 this year. The best season winning percentage in the history of their school.

One UCF coach went 13-0. Another went 12-1. They beat the team that beat Alabama and Georgia the year they played for the NC with 10 percent of the talent.

His basketball hires had huge success and 2 of the 3 have gotten big time jobs at P5 schools. It's not just me, he's universally seen as an elite AD.

Florida media said this was a much bigger blow to UCF and their fan base than losing Frost. They are in mourning.

But lol....if you say he's 1/3 we should all believe it.

I’m sorry OP but this is dumber than hell. AD wins and loses games before they’re even played bc they decide who will be coaching them. How many games did Mike Hamilton lose as soon as he made the mistake of hiring Dooley?

I’m sorry OP but this is dumber than hell. AD wins and loses games before they’re even played bc they decide who will be coaching them. How many games did Mike Hamilton lose as soon as he made the mistake of hiring Dooley?

You'd think after seeing the disastrous Fulmer AD reign they would know that a quality AD is vital.

This hire was a great first step in the right direction. Sure, it doesn’t guarantee anything, but i think it shows our administration wants to win.

let's pump the brakes on how this is some massive game changer.

Yes, Im glad we got a guy with a good rep and the reason we should be most thankful is now we can move forward with the coaching search and not
be in limbo there.

But some of you acting like us hiring an AD with a good rep is going to matter a ton in the end. Or is a signal that we are on the right track. Or are going to be able to attract a much bigger name coach.

All that is nonsense. ADs dont win games. And unless there is some special connection(like there was with this guy and JH, who most here wouldnt be over the moon about) coaches don't go somewhere because of the AD. And even then probably not. The head coach we bring in and his staff are going to be the difference makers or not. Im hopeful we find a guy who can put together a string of great seasons, but Im not going to believe that an AD hire means a lot.

A lot of college football fans probably couldnt even tell you who Alabama's AD is. Or clemsons AD. Or Georgia's AD.

I get it...we are thirsty. Very thirsty. But just because we are we shouldn't be lighting cigars because we just brought in the guy who will bring in the guy that matters. Sheesh.....

The same thing has happened with hiring the last 4(now going on 5) coaches, except maybe DD. A lot of rah-rah "we are on the right track now" type BS.

You know when we are on the right track? when we are booking our atlanta hotel rooms.....Until then let's not blow smoke up our asses. And certainly not for hiring the guy who has to hire(or hell plays a role in) the guy that matters.....

This guy will matter a ton when it's all said and done...

Yes, Im glad we got a guy with a good rep and the reason we should be most thankful is now we can move forward with the coaching search and not
be in limbo there.

But some of you acting like us hiring an AD with a good rep is going to matter a ton in the end. Or is a signal that we are on the right track. Or are going to be able to attract a much bigger name coach.

All that is nonsense. ADs dont win games. And unless there is some special connection(like there was with this guy and JH, who most here wouldnt be over the moon about) coaches don't go somewhere because of the AD. And even then probably not. The head coach we bring in and his staff are going to be the difference makers or not. Im hopeful we find a guy who can put together a string of great seasons, but Im not going to believe that an AD hire means a lot.

A lot of college football fans probably couldnt even tell you who Alabama's AD is. Or clemsons AD. Or Georgia's AD.

I get it...we are thirsty. Very thirsty. But just because we are we shouldn't be lighting cigars because we just brought in the guy who will bring in the guy that matters. Sheesh.....

The same thing has happened with hiring the last 4(now going on 5) coaches, except maybe DD. A lot of rah-rah "we are on the right track now" type BS.

You know when we are on the right track? when we are booking our atlanta hotel rooms.....Until then let's not blow smoke up our asses. And certainly not for hiring the guy who has to hire(or hell plays a role in) the guy that matters.....
Usually, when you have to pump the brakes your either low on fluid or you haven't got any.

Buffalo loves Leipold and gave him a 5 year extension. They have 5 winning seasons since 1970. He has 3 of the 5. They have one 10 win season in the history of the program. He owns it. They were 6-1 this year. The best season winning percentage in the history of their school.

One UCF coach went 13-0. Another went 12-1. They beat the team that beat Alabama and Georgia the year they played for the NC with 10 percent of the talent.

His basketball hires had huge success and 2 of the 3 have gotten big time jobs at P5 schools. It's not just me, he's universally seen as an elite AD.

Florida media said this was a much bigger blow to UCF and their fan base than losing Frost. They are in mourning.

But lol....if you say he's 1/3 we should all believe it.
Lance is 37-33 in the MAC..if that gets you excited then be excited. Josh took a 13 win team and made them a 6-4 team. If you want to pretend santa is on the way then go put up your Christmas tree. I'm going to wait and see what he does first. Hiring mediocre coaches in mediocre conferences doesnt make someone a homerun hire.

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and Afowl2
Josh Huepel's team has gotten worse every single year he coached at UCF and what is Lance's record in the MAC again?
Besides the fact that Huepel dealt with injuries and staff turnover on top of Covid his 3rd year and still won 6 out of 10 games speaks volumes. Also, I see that you have a hard time reading and your statements prove that as well. Leipold won the MAC conference back to back the last 2 seasons. So try again lol

Reactions: vols4evah
Lance is 37-33 in the MAC..if that gets you excited then be excited. Josh took a 13 win team and made them a 6-4 team. If you want to pretend santa is on the way then go put up your Christmas tree. I'm going to wait and see what he does first. Hiring mediocre coaches in mediocre conferences doesnt make someone a homerun hire.
Let's see. UCF lost to Cincinnati by 3, Memphis by 1. Scored 33 against Cinci and 49 against Memphis. Tennessee couldn't score 49 in 4 games combined, and certainly wouldn't have been close to Cincinnati. Stfu, I'm certainly glad you aren't making any key decisions.

His job wasn't to hire a coach who would win at Nebraska you dolt. His job was to hire coaches who could win at UCF. And you are still missing the point. He wouldn't leave a cushy ass job unless those questions were satisfactorily answered.
LOL. Just what I was thinking, though you said it much better than I would have.

be in limbo there.

0-12?

His first two seasons at Buffalo were 7-17, since he's 30-16, 24-10 the last three years. He is winning like no one ever has in school history. He is 146-39 as a head coach, 34-1 in the playoffs with 6 national titles. Some people have no ability to see context at all. Not sure how much more you can ask of a coach when he sets school records for winning at every stop he's made so far.

Strongly disagree with this thread. Sure- ADs don’t win games, but I don’t think it can be understated what this hire does to our image. As a lifelong fan and TN native that attended another SEC school, I can’t reiterate enough how much the past good ol boy network on the administrative side has hurt and outdated the trajectory of the program. This program desperately needs new blood and this hire is a great start

Josh Huepel's team has gotten worse every single year he coached at UCF and what is Lance's record in the MAC again?

11-1
10-3
6-4
Pretty respectable

In the 17 years before Lance got to Buffalo they had won 6 or more games.....twice.

He has done it 4 years in a row now:
6-1
8-5
10-4
6-6

They had only 2 winning seasons since coming back in 1999........he has taken them to 3 straight.

Neither of these guys would be awesome hires for Tennessee......but what they have done for “their” programs have been amazing.

White has hired freakin home runs for the schools in which he has hired them for.

I'm pretty sure I don't need anyone telling me how to act or feel so mind your own business and I'll stick to mine...

be in limbo there.

It doesn't sound like you realize Saban didn't want to come to Bama initially, and told them no a couple times, but it was Bama's AD who eventually sold him on the vision and convinced Saban to take the job.

The fact of the matter is a great AD hire had to precede a great HC hire. We nailed it and it's okay to celebrate that.

be in limbo there.

Funny how you tried to steal an insiders account name.... lol

Reactions: thistime

be in limbo there.

But some of you acting like us hiring an AD with a good

In other words, how dare you people act happy. Everyone should stay miserable until I say they can stop.

I seriously wonder how much angst people can have over a college football team. Isn't the goal to have fun?

VN Store

Back