Give Freeze a call

I am not ready to slam the door on CJP. However, if he doesn’t get rid of a couple coaches that are obvious problems. Bring me the best offensive minded head coach available. I think both Freeze and Kiffin have to be on that list.
You’re not getting Kiffin who’s getting paid by ole miss. You also won’t get freeze unless you pay him 3 mill as well.

Well you havent watched tn football in the last decade that was a stupid statement
Well since it hasn’t happened before I was born in 89 I don’t think it is. We also won the last decade until today so honestly it’s irrelevant.

You’re not getting Kiffin who’s getting paid by ole miss. You also won’t get freeze unless you pay him 3 mill as well.

The ceiling at UT is much higher than Ole Miss. I think Kiffin would like the opportunity to go back and start over. I don’t think Fulmer could ever swallow his pride and offer him the job.

The ceiling at UT is much higher than Ole Miss. I think Kiffin would like the opportunity to go back and start over. I don’t think Fulmer could ever swallow his pride and offer him the job.
It’s not happening. It’s a pipe dream... Kiffin is fun but he also just rode a qb who threw 6 ints today.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I am beginning to wonder if CJP has a "way to win", that hamstrings his OC, I wonder if Jim is as enamored with JG as CJP is. The Dude has coached some great QB's, so he knows what they look like. Something seems dysfunctional from top to bottom and these players seem distracted.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I get that. But what was the alternative? Just accepting a known loser for 1/5th of the price? Or in other words, just giving up on even trying?
Pruitt wasn't a known winner as a head coach. Great defensive coordinator but that's it. Not trying to argue at all just tired of the mediocrity that is TN football.

I agree Freeze would be a great head coach here and the hire would put some fear back into our opponents.

But of course you have that "holier than thou, never committed a sin in their life" part of our fanbase that would claim Freeze doesn't represent those "Tennessee values".

We're not smart enough to give Freeze a call. He's not a saint, that automatically disqaulifies him in the eyes of our virtuous fanbase and snobby administration.

Reactions: DonjoVol
Pruitt wasn't a known winner as a head coach. Great defensive coordinator but that's it. Not trying to argue at all just tired of the mediocrity that is TN football.
I think Pruitt can be a winner if he learns to get out of his own way... he beats himself with his gameplan and decision making more than the opponent beats him.

We're not smart enough to give Freeze a call. He's not a saint, that automatically disqaulifies him in the eyes of our virtuous fanbase and snobby administration.
Well, he was given a show cause by the NCAA, he called a hooker in his school phone, and multiple girls said that when they were 13-14 he forced them to change clothes in his high school office.
I think you can probably assume that Fulmer isn't going to rush out and hire this guy.

Now, maybe you can make the argument the our attorneys and compliance offices are bored and need some excitement in their lives but I still don't think Phil would go for it

Well, he was given a show cause by the NCAA, he called a hooker in his school phone, and multiple girls said that when they were 13-14 he forced them to change clothes in his high school office.
I think you can probably assume that Fulmer isn't going to rush out and hire this guy.

Now, maybe you can make the argument the our attorneys and compliance offices are bored and need some excitement in their lives but I still don't think Phil would go for it
Phil won't go for any coach that could possibly come in and upstage him. He should just hire himself and get it over with..

VN Store

Back