Girls Uconn game

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Just got back from watching the game in person. The girls kicked butt plus listened to the men's game on the way home.Great weekend.The pregame introductions for the lady vols is impressive. I noticed the Uconn team ducked out of the stadium prior. Oh, took a picture ot the football stadium for my cell phone screensaver (with hopes of a better year).

Glad you had fun. Not really a butt kicken, more like a nail biter. If it weren't for free throws, we might have been screwed. Glad to see the win though.

(USAF_Vol @ Jan 8 said:
Glad you had fun. Not really a butt kicken, more like a nail biter. If it weren't for free throws, we might have been screwed. Glad to see the win though.

Yea. Tennessee didn't play like a number 1 team yesterday.Too many easy inside shots missed.

how did they not play like the number 1 team yesterday??? they played the number 7 team in the nation. there arch rival. OF course were not going to dominant them. anytime you beat uconn you are playing like the number 1 team, no matter how you win...

(vols2345 @ Jan 8 said:
how did they not play like the number 1 team yesterday??? they played the number 7 team in the nation. there arch rival. OF course were not going to dominant them. anytime you beat uconn you are playing like the number 1 team, no matter how you win...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Let's just get ready for Georgia.

~*Crystal*~

Lets just say this,North Carolina beat Uconn at Uconn on December 5, by 23 points.

:D So if they don't blow everyone out by 30, the should not be #1. They played hard won a great game. Conn. also gets pumped when they play Tenn. They are #1 until they get beat.

(utfantilidie @ Jan 8 said:
Lets just say this,North Carolina beat Uconn at Uconn on December 5, by 23 points.

EXACTLY. That Notre Dame game showed me that we are bound to lose. I love the Lady Vols, but they better start shooting better or they are going to get creamed by a nobody or 20-25 team.

Shanna Zolman better find a way to shake the coverage and hit those 3's under pressure.

(USAF_Vol @ Jan 8 said:
Shanna Zolman better find a way to shake the coverage and hit those 3's under pressure.

Luckily, on nights when Shanna isn't hitting shots, we have other players that will step it up. That's happened three times this year...and all three times we came out with a win.

~*Crystal*~

(CrystalEHS07 @ Jan 8 said:
Luckily, on nights when Shanna isn't hitting shots, we have other players that will step it up. That's happened three times this year...and all three times we came out with a win.
~*Crystal*~

True, but when is it enough?? Zolman is an AWESOME player. So she needs to get it going again.

If that were to happen to another player, they probably wouldn't be getting very many minutes.

(USAF_Vol @ Jan 8 said:
EXACTLY. That Notre Dame game showed me that we are bound to lose. I love the Lady Vols, but they better start shooting better or they are going to get creamed by a nobody or 20-25 team.

Agreed. Gino made reference to the fact that if Uconn scored 27 points off of free throws as Tennessee did at home, he would never lose another game at home in his career.I too love the Vols but we have alot of work to do to run the table.

(USAF_Vol @ Jan 8 said:
True, but when is it enough?? Zolman is an AWESOME player. So she needs to get it going again.

If that were to happen to another player, they probably wouldn't be getting very many minutes.

I think, the reason Pat hasn't benched Shanna is because Shanna brings many other things to the floor besides her ability to score points...and score them quickly. Her presence on the floor makes the other players better.

Kind of like Bradshaw. He's 7th on the team in scoring, but 3rd in total minutes played.

You're right, though. She does need to understand that teams are going to double and triple team her because of her ability to hit the three. And, I'm sure she does. She's definitely capable of hitting those 3's under pressure. Let's just hope that she learns to do that more often.

~*Crystal*~

I hear ya Crystal, but I fear we may lose one. If we play like this against Duke we are had.

Going undefeated would be great. But Pat and the Team's goal is to win a Championship. All these tough wins will benefit us down the road. Every game someone else steps up. Fluker against SC and Spencer against Uconn.

(swami2302 @ Jan 8 said:
Going undefeated would be great. But Pat and the Team's goal is to win a Championship. All these tough wins will benefit us down the road. Every game someone else steps up. Fluker against SC and Spencer against Uconn.

The ultimate goal is to win the championship with or without losses, this is true.

VN Store

Back