Gil Brandt: Trey Smith could have been top OL in 2020 draft

kamoshika

Trey Smith surprised some earlier this offseason when the star Tennessee offensive lineman in January announced he would pass on the opportunity to enter the 2020 NFL Draft and return for his senior season with the Vols. Smith isn't looking back on the choice, but it's worth wondering where he might have been picked had he entered the draft this year. According to one NFL expert, Smith would have been in contention to be the top offensive lineman selected and is one to watch for the 2021 NFL Draft.

1586803520493.png
Expert: Vols' Smith could have been top OL in 2020 NFL draft

Here's to a healthy season for Trey to boost his prospects even higher. Would love to see him be the top overall pick instead of top OL pick. Has a lineman ever been the top overall pick?

Eric Fisher was a few years ago. So was Jake Long and Orlando Pace. But they're all OTs. Not sure a Guard has ever been #1.

Gil Brandt is amazing. He has to be closing in on 90 by now.

Reactions: Remy
He is literally the first person I have seen saying he would go that high. I think this guy is stirring the pot

Eric Fisher was a few years ago. So was Jake Long and Orlando Pace. But they're all OTs. Not sure a Guard has ever been #1.

Glad Trey stayed never want to see his name beside # 2 overall draft pick Tony Mandarich as a bust. Trey knows his body he'as a worker.
My idea situation would be him being interviewed after New Yeas Day Bowl victory. Him saying how happy he is about staying the course working his butt off for his his family, team, and University.and the interviewer telling him he's a lock for #1 OL pick.

I hope the next jersey he wears is a Blue and Orange Chicago Bears jersey! Our oline could use Trey's toughness. He is exactly the player we need!

Reactions: butchna
I hope the next jersey he wears is a Blue and Orange Chicago Bears jersey! Our oline could use Trey's toughness. He is exactly the player we need!
The young man’s listened to the right people and made educated decisions so far in his career. Another healthy dominant campaign and there’s nothing separating him from Quentin Nelson...who would be at least the fourth overall pick in the 2018. And would make Cleveland or both of the NY’s at least contemplate in a redraft. I really wanted him for the Bears in that draft.

If Trey is able to go through full contact practices throughout the season, he's a first round lock. I'd take him regardless.

VN Store

Back