Getting ready for Saturday -- what's good food for tailgating at home?

Duck poppers- jalapeño with cream cheese and duck breast wrapped in bacon.

Sausage and cheese platter

Smoked shrimp skewers

Steak kebabs

Baby backs

Smoked Pork butt for bbq nachos or tacos

Go Vols

That makes me hungry now!!!

Reactions: 10takum
Thanks for the tips! I’ve done a few pork butts and ribs with excellent results thus far. Chicken makes me nervous for some reason.

Gotta get my confidence up for a big daddy brisket before too long. Maybe the SECCG…
Yup, im great with beef n pork but chicken is an oddity, unless its wings lol. My wife likes tacos and an easy way for that is chicken breasts marinated overnight in mustard and minced garlic with pepper and smoke at 425-450 for a bit and shred em, those are good

Thanks for the tips! I’ve done a few pork butts and ribs with excellent results thus far. Chicken makes me nervous for some reason.

Gotta get my confidence up for a big daddy brisket before too long. Maybe the SECCG…
I got a recteq, love it

Anyone have any bulldog recipes? It's my first time cooking for a tailgate. Just trying to do it right.....Vols by fiddy!

Anyone have any bulldog recipes? It's my first time cooking for a tailgate. Just trying to do it right.....Vols by fiddy!
The closest i could find is a recipe for a Colorado Bulldog

1 cup crushed ice

1 jigger vodka

1 jigger coffee flavored liqueur

1 can or bottle of coke

1 fluid ounce light cream

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Probably be too nervous to eat, but just in case I get the munchies, what makes for good food for viewing this spectacular game?

Here’s what you’re gonna do.

Buy 10-20 Jalapeños. Cut em in half and gut em. Fill em with cream cheese and bits of pineapple. Wrap those mofos in thick cut bacon. Grill em.

Wash em down with whiskey
Vols by Fiddy!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Asian marinated smoked pork belly, brisket burnt ends, a few pig wings, jalapeño baked beans, slaw and prob some 4 cheese baked Mac cheese for the granddaughters.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
The closest i could find is a recipe for a Colorado Bulldog

1 cup crushed ice

1 jigger vodka

1 jigger coffee flavored liqueur

1 can or bottle of coke

1 fluid ounce light cream
Kind of like a White Russian with Coke.
I’m going to try one or more tomorrow

Reactions: Jeff Clark
While I appreciate all of the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I have an old belly and some of these delicious dishes will send me to the ER. I long for the day when I could eat all of this but the salt content will send my blood pressure sky-high. I can eat in moderation though. I miss my days of those hot, steamed sandwiches from Gus's Good Time Deli.

Back in the day (1981 to be exact), I remember being on campus and eating a whole Domino's Pizza with some TN b-ball players. I was trying to add some weight in those days.

Hats off to all you young'uns who can still eat these dishes for your tailgate parties.

While I appreciate all of the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I have an old belly and some of these delicious dishes will send me to the ER. I long for the day when I could eat all of this but the salt content will send my blood pressure sky-high. I can eat in moderation though. I miss my days of those hot, steamed sandwiches from Gus's Good Time Deli.

Back in the day (1981 to be exact), I remember being on campus and eating a whole Domino's Pizza with some TN b-ball players. I was trying to add some weight in those days.

Hats off to all you young'uns who can still eat these dishes for your tailgate parties.
When you get old a tailgate party can shift into a tailpipe party.

VN Store

Back