Getting Back To 85

VolnJC

Will be key to also getting back to the upper echelon of the SEC...which means we gotta hit on most of our 25 and not take as many JUCOs since we do seem to have a good young core. Is there a limit of guys we can get from the transport portal? I'd much rather have someone who has played at the highest level and had stayed eligible in a university setting, who might just need a change, over someone who balls out vs lesser talent and in an easier classroom atmosphere.

Will be key to also getting back to the upper echelon of the SEC...which means we gotta hit on most of our 25 and not take as many JUCOs since we do seem to have a good young core. Is there a limit of guys we can get from the transport portal? I'd much rather have someone who has played at the highest level and had stayed eligible in a university setting, who might just need a change, over someone who balls out vs lesser talent and in an easier classroom atmosphere.
I tend to agree with you about JUCO players.

Reactions: VolnJC
I disagree on the jucos, since the team is so young I definitely think they should grab 2-3. If I'm doing my math right, if there are 63 schollys and we lose 12 next year (13 assuming trey Smith declares).So that's 50, plus the 25 we can sign gets you to 75. And that assumes 0 attrition. Gonna take another year or 2 to get back to 85.

I’m confused. If Trey can’t practice, how would he be able to handle an NFL season.

Can someone explain how we got so low on scholarship players? I assume it's a simple matter of attrition over the last 3-4 years where guys left the program and injuries that forced several guys to retire? If anyone has the time and gumption to make a list of the players we lost to attrition over the last 3-4 years it would be interesting to see.

Reactions: VolnJC
Well, I think we can only transport about 7 at a time but if we use the cargo hold transporters we may be able to get 25 - 30.

Are we accounting for the players who are out for the season dis to injury?
I think the actual number is 71 with injuries...but then again u have Seniors so we are still 2-3 recruiting classes and some luck from getting back to 85

Are we accounting for the players who are out for the season dis to injury?

I'm not sure, the announcers during the game said something to the effect of Tennessee only has 63 while most other teams have 85. Well I have to believe every SEC team has some kids who are injured for the season. But still that only changes the number by a few players. Also I think there is a greater than 50% chance we see Jeremy Banks return. Seems he is trying to do the right things plus we know Pruitt has a soft spot for him. Former Vol Jeremy Banks pictured with KPD

VN Store

Back