Get Joe Osovet involved in playcalling?

You could resurrect Bill Walsh and we'd still struggle with Friend and JG involved

People talk about how Chaney hasn't been "creative" and he's certainly not above criticism but he's driving a wagon with two dead horses attached.

We've seen him try some end sounds, a couple of flea flickers, get Gray involved in space etc.

I just don't think there's much anyone can do when your line blocks poorly and your qb can't be trusted

Nothing will help at the moment. Everyone is playing us to stop the run. Opposing defenses are just screaming, “Beat us with your arm JG”. And of course, he can’t. Until the JG issue is resolved our offense will suck. We would still suffer the consequences of JG with the best OC in college ball, an OL with 5 studs across it, the best WR’s in college ball, and the top RB’s in college ball. JG is killing our offense.

Very different systems. Not that that is a bad thing, but you’d have to do a new installation for the most part and teach a QB to read the RPO.
We ran RPOs last year, especially with Mauer. It’s in Chaney’s system we just haven’t done it this year

You've got Chaney and Tee already there, so we're gonna add Osovet? 3 heads consulting on every offensive play?
Apparently we are doing this on defense. Chaney can call the play in to Weinke, who can relay the call to JG. Tee can then get the play to the WRs, Graham can then get his RBs in position, followed by Osovet getting the TEs lined up and finally Friend can set the blocking assignments. Remember as a kid, when you would play the “Ive got a secret” game and it started out as one thing but by the time it got to the last person it was something completely different? I picture this happening multiple times on our sidelines, every Saturday.
GBO!!

Apparently we are doing this on defense. Chaney can call the play in to Weinke, who can relay the call to JG. Tee can then get the play to the WRs, Graham can then get his RBs in position, followed by Osovet getting the TEs lined up and finally Friend can set the blocking assignments. Remember as a kid, when you would play the “Ive got a secret” game and it started out as one thing but by the time it got to the last person it was something completely different? I picture this happening multiple times on our sidelines, every Saturday.
GBO!!
Well, they could simplify it. If the play will be on the left side of the field, have Chaney call it. The right side, let Tee call it. If it will be a fumble, let Pruitt call it so he can get his amazing defense ready.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
GBO!!

Ha! Great analogy!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
You could resurrect Bill Walsh and we'd still struggle with Friend and JG involved

People talk about how Chaney hasn't been "creative" and he's certainly not above criticism but he's driving a wagon with two dead horses attached.

We've seen him try some end sounds, a couple of flea flickers, get Gray involved in space etc.

I just don't think there's much anyone can do when your line blocks poorly and your qb can't be trusted

THIS ALL DAY!!!!!! As long as Best "Friend" is coaching oline, and JG is playing QB, this is what we are going to see.

There is already One too many involved in the play calling

Bama Jeremy needs to see himself out of the offensive meetings

Reactions: whodeycin85

Agreed

But like CJP is responsible for the team, CJC is responsible for the offense. If he cant teach his offense to the three QBs on campus (all 3 were very good coming out of HS, not a walk-on amongst them) or cant teach his coaches to teach it, then his offense is the problem.

IMO of course

Reactions: Big Al Orange

If we hadn't just watched a very good performance from the OL just last week, I'd tend to agree. Let's see how they do against Arkansas before dooming that group.

JG, of course, is a lost cause.

Reactions: preacherwebb

When has the O-line struggled outside of that Georgia game?

We dominated Mizzou. We held our own against Bama. We pushed Kentucky's Front 7 backwards consistently.

It's not been perfect, but outside of 1 game, the O-line hasn't been a major issue.

QB play has been the problem. And JG's lackluster play is even making the OL look worse than it actually is.

Would make sense that we fire the coach responsible for one of our better units and promote the one responsible for one of our worst.

Reactions: tnvols72
Reactions: memtownvol

VN Store

Back