Gerald Jones

zehr27

I'm a lawyer
What is up with Gerald Jones? I have not heard crap about him lately. How severe is his hammy? Is he getting any reps? I did not see him on the field once against Cal. Any one have any info on him?

Fulmer mentioned in his press conference on Tuesday that he hoped he could Jones on the field, along with a few more of the new guys.

kesling mentioned he is epected to see time against s. miss and fulmer did not feel pressed to use him with the trainers recommendation one more week would make a big difference...let's just see if the one extra week will put him on the field.

If he touches the football, chances are he's going to show that he needs to be in there full time. :good!:

I just don't like the idea of having our #1 tailback returning kicks... it has disaster written all over it.

Coker will do great back there returning kicks. Jones, O'Neal, Moore, or Vinson should be the other guy.

I just don't like the idea of having our #1 tailback returning kicks... it has disaster written all over it.

I think most would agree, but it's somewhat of a double edged sword I guess. Unless Jones, O'Neal, Berry, and whomever else is having trouble catching the ball back there or hanging onto it on returns, I see no reason why their speed isn't utilized here. Punts are a different story because they are a much higher risk.

Foster looked like he saw the seams well and didn't show much hesitation in doing so. May as well keep him back there for now.

Not likely, you have to have blocking. The Cal players aren't just gonna stand there. They actually tackled.

And who says that Coker wouldn't have tried to outrun his blocking before then? He likes to hit a seem and go, not wait for stuff to develop.

And who says that Coker wouldn't have tried to outrun his blocking before then? He likes to hit a seem and go, not wait for stuff to develop.

It was a clear path for a speedster or a sloth. Watch the video. All the blocking was done before the 35 yard line of Tennessee. Foster got caught because he's slow.

having the better field position as a result of the new kicking rule, to have Coker and Foster would be a compliment, but even with Cal, both their returners were lightning quick, thus keep Coker and maybe Vinson or Jones.

You've got it right HV. UT has had plenty of super fast guys returning punts and kickoffs and still gotten mediocre results. We've had guys back there faster than Coker that havent been able to get it done. If it were all about speed, UT would have some of the best special teams in the nation.

I agree and I certainly don't like seeing the #1 and the #2 tailbacks back there.

It's a slippery slope though. Most Tennessee fans are discouraged with special teams, yet they don't want any good players playing special teams because of the injury risk.

VN Store

Back