Georgia WR's

Wow. curious to see how the recruiting has turned out for them now that it’s their time (newer players) to step up. Well see Kirby’s coaching and development in full effect or lack thereof

New unproven OC
No returning WRs or TEs
New Center
Only 1 returning RB
No backup QB
All the pressure in the world
lol did you fact check any of this? UGA has four returning RB's, 2 returning TE's and multiple returning receivers (at least 5), 2 backup QB's, and a center who started multiple games last year. It seems you've confused losing a starter with losing the entire roster.

Last edited:
lol did you fact check any of this? UGA has four returning RB's, 2 returning TE's and multiple returning receivers (at least 5), 2 backup QB's, and a center who started multiple games last year. It seems you've confused losing a starter with losing the entire roster.
Warm bodies is not the same as returning proven guys
WRs per the depth chart
Demetris Robertson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tyler Simmons Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tommy Bush Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Kearis Jackson Stats | ESPN
TEs per depth chart
Charlie Woerner Stats | ESPN
John FitzPatrick Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

RB depth
Brian Herrien Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
James Cook Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

UGA QB depth
Stetson Bennett Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Almost zero returning production at WR and TE.
Some depth at RB (about 100 Carrie's between them) the other guy is a redshirt freshman coming off a knee injury
No QB snaps behind Fromm
And a new Center.
An unproven OC
Weight of the world on Fromm.

Last edited:
Warm bodies is not the same as returning proven guys
WRs per the depth chart
Demetris Robertson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tyler Simmons Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tommy Bush Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Kearis Jackson Stats | ESPN
TEs per depth chart
Charlie Woerner Stats | ESPN
John FitzPatrick Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

RB depth
Brian Herrien Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
James Cook Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

UGA QB depth
Stetson Bennett Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Almost zero returning production at WR and TE.
Some depth at RB (about 100 Carrie's between them) the other guy is a redshirt freshman coming off a knee injury
No QB snaps behind Fromm
And a new Center.
An unproven OC
Weight of the world on Fromm.
I never said they were all proven. You said there were no returning players at those positions and I said that was wrong. Herrien will be a senior and has nearly 200 carries on his own, so not sure how you came up with the number of 100 between Cook and Herrien. That redshirt freshman behind them was also a 5* and the number 1 back in the class. Most schools don't have proven QB's behind the starter. How many snaps does UT's backup QB have? When schools recruit like UGA they typically have to rely on young players due to losing players to the draft. If schools have a bunch of returning production from seniors, that typically means they aren't good enough to be drafted. There won't be much pressure on Fromm with UGA's offensive line and talent at runningback. People acting like Holloman was some elite receiver are being disingenuous. Pickens, Blaylock, and Robinson were all ranked ahead of him. Acting like freshman receivers don't produce is also stupid considering the years Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Cooper, Jerry Jeudy, and Calvin Ridley have had. If I had to pick one position to have a freshman start, it would be receiver. It really just comes down to a matter of opinion I guess. Would you rather have solid production from a decent player you know, or roll the dice with someone who has the potential to be elite? I’d rather go with the potential to be elite option, but that’s just me. After a few more years of Pruitt recruiting UT will be starting younger players too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GroverCleveland
I never said they were all proven. You said there were no returning players at those positions and I said that was wrong. Herrien will be a senior and has nearly 200 carries on his own, so not sure how you came up with the number of 100 between Cook and Herrien. That redshirt freshman behind them was also a 5* and the number 1 back in the class. Most schools don't have proven QB's behind the starter. How many snaps does UT's backup QB have? When schools recruit like UGA they typically have to rely on young players due to losing players to the draft. If schools have a bunch of returning production from seniors, that typically means they aren't good enough to be drafted. There won't be much pressure on Fromm with UGA's offensive line and talent at runningback. People acting like Holloman was some elite receiver are being disingenuous. Pickens, Blaylock, and Robinson were all ranked ahead of him. Acting like freshman receivers don't produce is also stupid considering the years Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Cooper, Jerry Jeudy, and Calvin Ridley have had. If I had to pick one position to have a freshman start, it would be receiver. It really just comes down to a matter of opinion I guess. Would you rather have solid production from a decent player you know, or roll the dice with someone who has the potential to be elite? I’d rather go with the potential to be elite option, but that’s just me. After a few more years of Pruitt recruiting UT will be starting younger players too.
They are warm bodies on a roster til proven otherwise.
UGA has recruited at a high level but replacing all of your WRs is asking a lot. UGA has recruited and wasted so much talent at QB that its embarrassing to see its utter lack behind Fromm. Zero D1 snaps. But taken individually a team like UGA should be ok but together? That's a lot to overcome for a program expecting to compete for a national title.

And the pressure on Fromm will be mental.

They are warm bodies on a roster til proven otherwise.
UGA has recruited at a high level but replacing all of your WRs is asking a lot. UGA has recruited and wasted so much talent at QB that its embarrassing to see its utter lack behind Fromm. Zero D1 snaps. But taken individually a team like UGA should be ok but together? That's a lot to overcome for a program expecting to compete for a national title.
It’s not surprising at all that the players Fromm beat out transferred. That happens everywhere. Again, how many snaps do UT’s backups have? Stetson has a full year of JUCO under his belt and the freshman is a 4*. Your original post made it sound like everyone was gone when that wasn’t the case, which is why I posted. It was either false information or extreme hyperbole. Herrien has gotten meaningful snaps since he was a frosh and trey hill played in 14 games last year, starting 5 at center. All starting quarterbacks experience pressure. Fromm’s made it to the playoffs before, so I believe he can manage the pressure.

Reactions: AaronUT
It’s not surprising at all that the players Fromm beat out transferred. That happens everywhere. Again, how many snaps do UT’s backups have? Stetson has a full year of JUCO under his belt and the freshman is a 4*. Your original post made it sound like everyone was gone when that wasn’t the case, which is why I posted. It was either false information or extreme hyperbole. Herrien has gotten meaningful snaps since he was a frosh and trey hill played in 14 games last year, starting 5 at center. All starting quarterbacks experience pressure. Fromm’s made it to the playoffs before, so I believe he can manage the pressure.
All production and experience is gone at WR and TE. Back up QB has 0 D1 snaps, the OC has never been the guy at a D1 school. Those are indisputable.
RB will be by committee (I personally hate that. It usually keeps guys out of rhythm if you rotate more than 2 heavily) of a solid back, 2 guys that average 50 carries apiece a year in clean up roles, and a guy that hasn't played in almost 2 years.

Fromm is a very good college QB in the system that expects him to just remember which way to turn when handing the ball off but if that isn't working he couldn't win with the proven skill guys. What's going to happen when he doesn't have that rapport with anyone else out there.

All production and experience is gone at WR and TE. Back up QB has 0 D1 snaps, the OC has never been the guy at a D1 school. Those are indisputable.
RB will be by committee (I personally hate that. It usually keeps guys out of rhythm if you rotate more than 2 heavily) of a solid back, 2 guys that average 50 carries apiece a year in clean up roles, and a guy that hasn't played in almost 2 years.

Fromm is a very good college QB in the system that expects him to just remember which way to turn when handing the ball off but if that isn't working he couldn't win with the proven skill guys. What's going to happen when he doesn't have that rapport with anyone else out there.
Fact check a little.

Coley was the OC at Miami before he became an assistant at Georgia.

Take off your orange glasses. Fromm threw for 2749 yds 30 tds and 6 Int last year...yeah he just hands the ball off. Heck he threw for 301 yds and 3 Tds to 0 Int in the SEC championship against Bama.

Questioning if the lost production will hurt UGA is valid. I fully expect some struggles in the first few games and the ND game may be more focused on the run than I would like to see but the talent is all over the place at WR and our TE Woerner is a much better athlete than Nauta. Yes, we need a new guy like Pickens or Cager to step up as a back shoulder throw go to as Fromm is deadly with that throw but they have the talent and time to develop the experience together. Also, Trey Hill will likely be better than Gaillard right out of the gate. Lastly, don't bother questioning about RBs behind our OL...Holyfield ran for 1k+ and we all saw his combine abilities. That is all you need to know about how the RB production will turn out.

Solid back? Swift is one of the best RB’s in the Country and a future 1st round pick.

Last edited:

That system got Fromm to a National Championship and almost back to the playoffs. I also wasn't very high on Fromm, then he lit up Bama in the SECC and changed my view. UGA has had a ton of success using RB by committee. Holyfield was an unknown before last year, but now you're acting like higher rated backs can't have the same success. UGA will have the best line the SEC, so I'm not concerned about the ground game. Lawrence Cager is a grad transfer, so he brings experience to WR along with D-Rob. Not sure many people would rather have Holloman over Pickens/Blaylock as well. The unproven point I understand. Acting like UGA has no talent or that freshman can't have success I don't. Seems awfully biased to me. Especially when you keep pointing out that UGA's backup QB doesn't have SEC snaps while the same could be said about UT. Most backup QB's don't have a lot of experience. Stetson does have D1 snaps though. JUCO is D1-AA.

And the pressure on Fromm will be mental.

He's already dealing with not being the best QB in the SEC, but may have slipped to third. Ouchie boo boo fo' sho' who was everything as a freshman until Tua showed up. One of the interesting things to watch this season in college football is Fromm and how he handles this year.

He's already dealing with not being the best QB in the SEC, but may have slipped to third. Ouchie boo boo fo' sho' who was everything as a freshman until Tua showed up. One of the interesting things to watch this season in college football is Fromm and how he handles this year.
lol who is the second best QB in the SEC? Let's compare Fromm and Tua's H2H game last season.
Tua 10/25 164 1/2
Fromm 25/39 301 3/0

lol who is the second best QB in the SEC? Let's compare Fromm and Tua's H2H game last season.
Tua 10/25 164 1/2
Fromm 25/39 301 3/0

There's nobody coaching at the college or pro level including Smart himself that would take Fromm over Tua except a homer fanboy.

New unproven OC-Higher career PPG than Chaney
No returning WRs or TEs-9 guys return that played meaningful minutes
New Center-Hill played all 14 games, started 4, played C when Gaillard was hurt
Only 1 returning RB-Huh? Everyone returns except Holyfield who was the slowest
No backup QB-2017 backup QB is back, 200 yds in spring game
All the pressure in the world-ok, this one is probably true
fyp

There's nobody coaching at the college or pro level including Smart himself that would take Fromm over Tua except a homer fanboy.
Tua brings his legs, something Fromm will never use as a strength. Long term (NFL), the coaches in the NFL will scale that back for Tua. Very interested in their offense this year, don’t think you see the fun and gun, think it goes back to Bama football. He basically fired the whole staff. Saban desperately wants one more title, that way he is alone at the top in Bama history. Both years, Fromm has been top 3 in CFB in long yardage passes, Tua is the opposite, if you break down his passes, 70% were thrown under 10 yards.

That's debatable. Fromm unquestionably outplayed Tua in that game. Imo both quarterbacks are elite and you couldn't go wrong either way. One thing to note about Tua is that he always has the talent advantage and struggles against teams with similar talent. When he gets to the NFL, he won't have that same talent advantage. Doesn't matter for college though. The only reason Tua got brought up anyway is because ppl in this thread wanted to throw shade at Fromm and had to ride Tua to do it.

That's debatable. Fromm unquestionably outplayed Tua in that game. Imo both quarterbacks are elite and you couldn't go wrong either way. One thing to note about Tua is that he always has the talent advantage and struggles against teams with similar talent. When he gets to the NFL, he won't have that same talent advantage. Doesn't matter for college though. The only reason Tua got brought up anyway is because ppl in this thread wanted to throw shade at Fromm and had to ride Tua to do it.
Fromm is short (for a QB), unathletic (for a QB) with an average to below average arm (for a QB). He does have the ability to turn left or right on handoffs and can hit mid range WRs if the D is overplaying the run game. His short lived NFL career will consist of a couple years on a practice squad before going into a booth to be a below average announcer. Unless the NFL moves to a wing T he has no NFL future.

Now crawl back into your echo chamber and brag about being 5 yards away from winning a national title while watching grainy replays of that 1980 national championship while pretending everything is just fine in Athens cause throwing a forward pass is a sign of weakness anyway.

VN Store

Back