Georgia OC

Where are you seeing Athens, GA as one of the poorest cities in America? Don't think I've ever seen it on a list.

It’s on several lists over the past few years. It looks like recently has improved to #14, was right at the top for two years. It’s listed as Athens/Clarke County in most online searches and listings

Last edited:
Kirby is not Orgeron. He will not let go of that offense and it will be nearly the same boring crap. Besides wan't this guy the "passing coordinator" at LSU in the mid 2000s which was a joke?

Georgia will still win plenty of games, simply because of pure talent, not coaching.

Pretty sure none of y’all saw 98 coming with Manning off to the NFL. I mean, Manning couldn’t beat Florida and win aMNC so no way Tee Martin could, right?
Martin “best Florida”? Lol. How, with those 64 yards passing?

No, Tennessee won with forced 5 turnovers, 3 by Al Wilson and in spite of no passing game whatsoever. Thank God Bryson broke that long run and the Florida kicker missed a chip shot field goal in OT.

Reactions: tnvols72
Me worried? Absolutely not. Smart is good for blowing at least one game a season with his bonehead decisions, and I believe we will be the beneficary of this next season.

Yep, we’re circling the drain. We only have more 5 stars on our roster than the entire East combined and are bringing in the highest average class per recruit ranking on 247.

You know you’ve arrived when your rivals view your 12-2, Sugar Bowl champs, #4 ranking finish as a bad season.

Oh, and Monken didn’t call plays in Cleveland. Kitchens did. He did call plays at Oklahoma State though when they lit up the scoreboard. We’re thrilled in Athens.
True masters of the regular season here. Every Georgia sports fan knows that no matter what, when it really counts, when all you need is a 4th down stop, when you're up 28 to 3 at the half, you'll find a new soul crushing way to choke and prove to the world what an embarrassment to sports and waste of talent you really are.

Run another fake punt Kirby. Morons

Reactions: Remy
Georgia has hired NFL OC Todd Monken as their new OC I hate it but this could be another Joe Brady type hire

LOL, his big claim to fame is he was the OC of the Cleveland Browns. <blue font> That juggernaut of NFL success.

This guy is not close to Joe Brady. One is a Krystal hamburger patty and the other is a Kobe hand massaged piece of prime ground beef. You figure out which is which. I ain't skeered.

People keep saying this about LSU and Orgeron, but it’s not like they have been bottom dwellers for years in the SEC West. It’s also not like they came out of nowhere this year either. They were ranked #6 in the preseason AP poll.

The major difference this year is they snapped their 6 game losing streak to Bama. Had they not done this, Bama would have won the West.

I did not say it about LSU, I am saying it about Orgeron. Dude was fired from Ole Miss and did not even get considered for USC job, look at his miraculous turnaround.

LOL, his big claim to fame is he was the OC of the Cleveland Browns. <blue font> That juggernaut of NFL success.

This guy is not close to Joe Brady. One is a Krystal hamburger patty and the other is a Kobe hand massaged piece of prime ground beef. You figure out which is which. I ain't skeered.
Kitchens called the plays for Cleveland leaving Browns fans livid. Why would you hire the guy who had the #1 NFL offense in 2018 and not let him call plays?

Apart from NFL success, extremely successful in college. Oklahoma State’s rise in offense came from Monken. Avg more than 45 ppg each year, 49.8 being the high.

Took a winless Southern Miss team to 9 wins in just 3 seasons. Before he got there, they avg 19 ppg and avg 39.9 the year he left for NFL. This is the stats for his QB/2 RB/3 WR

Nick Mullens- 331/521 63.5% 4476yds 38TD/12INT

Jalen Richard- 185 carries/1098 yds 5.9ypa 14TD; 30 Rec/ 284 yds 2TDs

Ito Smith- 171 carries/1128 yds 6.6ypa
10TDS; 49 rec/ 515yds 3TDs

Michael Thomas- 71 rec/ 1391 yds
19.6 ypc 14TDs

Casey Martin- 80 rec/ 925 yds 11.6 ypc 7TDs

DJ Thompson- 55 rec/ 779 yds 14.2 ypc 6TDs

Curious that he's had 9 different stops in the past 20 years, but on the surface it seems like a solid hire by UGA. He's not going to transform a program like Brady did though... if he were that good I think he would have received an opportunity like this before he reached his 50s. This is the first championship contending program to give him the reins.
? He had Oklahoma State within a missed FG from playing in the NC in 2011. Received an opportunity? He has been HC at a FBS school and was hired away as OC for the NFL, just like Brady was this year. He interviewed for NFL HC jobs last year before going to the Browns.

Pretty sure none of y’all saw 98 coming with Manning off to the NFL. I mean, Manning couldn’t beat Florida and win aMNC so no way Tee Martin could, right?
1998 TN defense is still the fastest defense I’ve ever seen live, insane the speed on that defense. Al Wilson was a missle.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
That's funny, I don't care WHAT team you support! I like Coach O, and I think the SEC is a funnier place because of him.
I like him too. Glad to he was the one to take down Saban. But he is hard to understand sometimes trying to get all his comments out.

I did not say it about LSU, I am saying it about Orgeron. Dude was fired from Ole Miss and did not even get considered for USC job, look at his miraculous turnaround.

Okay. I get your point about LSU. However, even if he is the only fired coach to ever come back and win a NC, I still wouldn’t classify his turnaround as miraculous. He just did what all head coaches should do...recruit good players, hire good coaches, oversee the development of the players, and help develop games plans that accentuate his team’s strengths. I’m sorry, but I have just never bought into the Orgeron hype train. He was one loss away from being “meh.”

Me worried? Absolutely not. Smart is good for blowing at least one game a season with his bonehead decisions, and I believe we will be the beneficary of this next season.[/QUOTE

Just curious, I am a UGA fan and not trying to hide it, but how is Pruitt somehow superior to other coaches in regards to losing to teams he shouldn’t? UT had much better talent in the past 2 years than teams they lost to, especially this year. Horrible losses to inferior teams seemed to set the stage for the “comeback”. I also view coaching superiorotity by adjustments made during and after halftime, how did UT do with Bama, UGA, and UF after halftime? I like Pruitt and think he’ll do well, but this narrative that he’s arrived needs some time. Same with Kirby and Lincoln, although they have accomplished much more.

Just curious, I am a UGA fan and not trying to hide it, but how is Pruitt somehow superior to other coaches in regards to losing to teams he shouldn’t? UT had much better talent in the past 2 years than teams they lost to, especially this year. Horrible losses to inferior teams seemed to set the stage for the “comeback”. I also view coaching superiorotity by adjustments made during and after halftime, how did UT do with Bama, UGA, and UF after halftime? I like Pruitt and think he’ll do well, but this narrative that he’s arrived needs some time. Same with Kirby and Lincoln, although they have accomplished much more.

Personally I think you should delete your account. This site is for Vol fans.

Out of courtesy I will answer your questions though.

1. At this stage in his career he is not, nor did I say he was. I know, right, I hate losing to inferior teams like Bama, UGA, and UF.

2. Comparison of 2nd half points allowed versus 1st half points allowed: UF - break even, UGA - 9 points less, Bama - 7 points less.

Your post is the first I have ever heard about a narrative that Pruitt has arrived.

? He had Oklahoma State within a missed FG from playing in the NC in 2011. Received an opportunity? He has been HC at a FBS school and was hired away as OC for the NFL, just like Brady was this year. He interviewed for NFL HC jobs last year before going to the Browns.
You missed my point. Too tired to explain. Congrats on the hire. Sounds like you're happy with it.

Here's why I think this hire will hurt us. I think by making this hire, it will keep Kirby's hands out of the offense. The less Kirby touches the offense, the more likely UGA wins the SEC East since they have significantly more talent than anyone else and Kirby's meddling has hurt the offense in the past.

Monken can be average but an average Monken is better than a meddling Kirby.
That right there explains the angst of the UT fan who consisrltantly bashes UGA as they thump the East year after year. Some on here are fair and objective in their assessment, but the rabidly anti-UGA contingent will never acknowledge that UGA is the better program right now. Less with more, blahblahblah, 1980, blahblahblah....it all boils down to this: it hurts their feelings that more of the better talent chose to play at their rivals school, and it places a big obstacle in UT's path back to relevance.

I didn't laugh, Chaney is a good OC but he has to have complete control. I think Kirby is very insecure and too involved, he's a more polished version of Butch Jones without all the bs lines
Just say it dawg...you think he has a small wee-wee...

bowls are not looked at like they use to be. Not my words , words of the talking heads on TV. Which have ruined the bowl games. Just enjoy Mark Richt 2.0 and be happy. Ga does not set the standard for the rest of the SEC, regardless what you fans think. Tn and Fla have both been down for years and Ga could still not take advantage of it. All that talent and still cant win a NC
...maybe UT and UF have been down for years (not sure I completely agree) because UGA been the better program and you gotta play them every year?

VN Store

Back