Georgia loses starting QB for 2020

I dont think he was gonna start anyways once JT got the go ahead from the NCAA
U do know that JT is coming off a knee injury that caused him to miss last year while Newman is the #6 NFL prospect right?? I would much rather face JT instead of Newman. JT's career has been similar to Keller Chryst.

Reactions: LittleVol
Before we get too excited, UGA has the better defense, better backs, better receivers, better coaching and JT Daniels is better than JG. Plus, they get us in Athens. Our best chance is UGA will choke a game. Might as well be against us.
If Daniel is better than Guarantano it’s not by much And Tennessees backs are better

I feel like our defense will play faster than their offense.. I mean they have a new OC, a new QB and a new Oline... Our defense only replaced 3 from last year.. Although they were good ones.. I just think our defense will play fast.. Now our offense will need to run the ball obviously, Georgia will have a very good defense.. It's going to be interesting!
I’m hoping our offensive line and the speed we have on offense will give us an edge against their elite D because I don’t see UGA scoring much. Will likely come down to QB play so this news definitely doesn’t hurt!

Reactions: FïreBall
GAState could go 12-1 and losing to them is still a tattoo Pruitt has to wear until he does something exceptional, like winning a SEC championship.
Another nothing burger of a thought. Poor Coach Pruitt having a bad loss tagged on his resume, I hope he can recover LOL. That loss will be a blip on the radar in a year or 2 with only a couple of fringe fans that it still bothers.

They were 2-10 the year before that. We can deflect all we want but there is no way a mediocre (7-6) Sun Belt team should ever come into a SEC stadium and be up by 15 points with just a few seconds to go in the game.
They were 7-6 the season we played them...stay on track.

Upsets happen. If he transforms the program, no one gives a shizz. Always the if.
Agree. Saban lost to LA Monroe and he recovered. If the team is competing for East titles in 21, then just a bump in the road. If not, then the GSU game was just a harbinger.

It's an ideal situation for us but when has UT ever capitalized on that? Until we beat them, I'm not chalking it up as a win or even a close game.

Agree. Saban lost to LA Monroe and he recovered. If the team is competing for East titles in 21, then just a bump in the road. If not, then the GSU game was just a harbinger.

I wonder if 20 years from now, our fan base will still be referencing (out of context) Saban's loss to ULM as a defense of poor coaching by a UT head coach?

The loss to Georgia State, as bad as it was because they were are Sunbelt team coming off of a 2-10 season the previous year, lands squarely on the coaches' shoulders not because of that fact, but because it was the first game of the season, and the coaching staff still couldn't determine what the 1st-team offensive line after 9 months with the players.

Tennessee intentionally rotated in nine players and used multiple offensive line combinations in the season's first game after not seeing much separation between the team's top linemen throughout the preseason.
Vols find few answers in offensive line rotation

That was coaching malpractice, plain and simple.

Last edited:
The orange and white Pom-poms are on the ready to be proven right. They are long over due. 2 and half years is a long time to wait.
2 and a half years? Do you realize how far UT was set back under Jones? Obviously not. Fulmer himself said it would take 4 to 5 years to start competing again.. But yeah.. I've got my orange and white waving proudly!

I wonder if 20 years from now, our fan base will still be referencing (out of context) Saban's loss to ULM as a defense of poor coaching by a UT head coach?

The loss to Georgia State, as bad as it was because they were are Sunbelt team coming off of a 2-10 season the previous year, lands squarely on the coaches' shoulders not because of that fact, but because it was the first game of the season, and the coaching staff still couldn't determine what the 1st-team offensive after 9 months with the players.

Tennessee intentionally rotated in nine players and used multiple offensive line combinations in the season's first game after not seeing much separation between the team's top linemen throughout the preseason.

And add in 4 defensive starters weren't on the field that day.. And I still talk about the UT vs Memphis State loss and the UT vs Wyoming loss... Sue me..

The loss to Georgia State, as bad as it was because they were are Sunbelt team coming off of a 2-10 season the previous year, lands squarely on the coaches' shoulders not because of that fact, but because it was the first game of the season, and the coaching staff still couldn't determine what the 1st-team offensive after 9 months with the players.

Saban example used to display that shizz happens...even to the best. Before the season it had already been declared that our DL was nonexistent and we were more of the same as previous seasons. By the end of the season DL was a strength and there was an obvious shift in the program. Can’t keep living off that of course, gotta keep progressing. If we do, that “coaching malpractice” was all part of the journey. Something about walking before running.

My point exactly. Pruitt still has the tattoo of losing the most embarrassing game in Tennessee history. Saban lost one at Alabama. I don’t expect Pruitt to win 6 NCs here but if he could rebuild Tennessee to legit SEC champion, he loses it IMO.

We had a bunch of neverJG guys clamoring for Daniels to transfer here to compete for the QB spot, I'm curious as to how they think the backup from a team west of the Mississippi river (I believe there are only 1 or 2 good teams west of the MS river) is going to do at GA? I think he's small and hasn't played in a league full of grown men readying themselves for the brutality of the NFL. I think players like Solomon, Crouch, Henry T and Lil Biscuit Bennett are going to break him in half. No way he's ready, no way their new OC, new system, new players are ready and there is no way their depth is ready. I believe that they are going to struggle vs an All-SEC schedule that includes Alabama, Auburn, Florida and our Vols. I don't care how good their D is, I can't see it overcoming their inexperience on the offensive side of the ball.
I think people wanted JT Daniels to xfer here for several reasons....and being a backup to a potential top 3 NFL QB prospect is not a bad thing...but since you only under stand stats..lets look at JTs

2018 vs #3 Notre Dame as a TRUE FRESHMAN
37/51 349 yards 1 TD.....
#19 Colorado
18/35 283 yards 3 TDs

AS A TRUE FRESHMAN in in which he faced 3 top 25 team and played the whole time
2672 yards 59.5 comp% 14 tds 10 ints.

Compared to our QB play last season....makes sense why fan would want him.....

AGAIN THESE ARE TRUE FRESHMAN NUMBERS...just to make it clear...

The loss to Georgia State, as bad as it was because they were are Sunbelt team coming off of a 2-10 season the previous year, lands squarely on the coaches' shoulders not because of that fact, but because it was the first game of the season, and the coaching staff still couldn't determine what the 1st-team offensive line after 9 months with the players.

Saban lost to LA Monroe in 2007. The next season Bama went 12-2.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back