Georgia dismisses another projected starter

It’s official, Brenton Cox to Florida, UF is even pushing for immediate eligibility which would surprise the hell out of me if granted.

An unbelievable plot twist, I never expected Cox to become a Gator. Wow.
There is no way in hell Cox plays this year...right? :oops:

Zero chance, on what grounds would he be granted immediate eligibility?
I thought that same thing about Tate Martell and some of these other guys who were granted immediate eligibility too. At least Martell had the departure of a coach to point to (that had been nowhere near a valid reason in the past, but whatever).

It's within the conference (to a direct rival, no less) and there doesn't appear to be any extenuating circumstance. There's absolutely no reason to believe he'd be granted immediate eligibility, but the NCAA is a bunch of clowns.

Mind you, the DC that was giving Chaney fits is now his HC so hopefully that will help. Sadly, as long as Saban is at Bama, they will keep recruiting and training deep deep talent and all teams will have trouble overcoming them, no matter who is OC. A fantastic QB could change the equation tho. I think once Pruitt has enough time to really get the talent in here to 3-4 deep and train them up, we will have a good shot at shaking the bubba's tree but will still take some luck.
Elite QB's are a game changer in college. Cam made Chizik a championship winning coach. I don't think Saban will be around too much longer, so it'll be interesting to see how the SEC shakes out once he's gone.

Reactions: Jaws
There is no way in hell Cox plays this year...right? :oops:

I gotta agree and say no way in hell. Imagine the outrage around the rest of the SEC and at FSU and Miami if he were allowed to play.

I do know this, the guy is practicing TODAY, as in, full pads, running around hitting and getting reps. His immediate joining of the team and practices strikes me as odd unless someone thinks there’s a legitimate shot he may be granted immediate eligibility.

Of course, the Twitter rumors are running wild, with some of the wildest stuff being that Cox is unloading to the SEC/NCAA regarding his recruitment at UGA and Kirby’s (alleged) shenanigans. If there’s any truth to that and the NCAA somehow thinks Cox has been aggrieved, who knows how they’ll rule on eligibility.

Keep this in mind, it was Dan Mullen that reported to the NCAA much of the outlandish information that he was hearing from recruits and other sources about Ole Miss, that almost all turned out to be true, and ended up busting Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss.

My Georgia friends don’t need to freak out on me here, y’all know how twitter works and for all I know it’s probably a bunch of yahoos just speculating and spreading bs.

Bottom line to me is that this UF-UGa thing is about to get a whole other level of intense. Good opportunity for UT to sneak by both of them while they’re at war with each other.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Elite QB's are a game changer in college..

Very true. UF loses Cam Newton after Tebow and ends up with a bad fit in John Brantley, and but for a brief few games with Will Grier, haven’t been the same for a decade.

Very true. UF loses Cam Newton after Tebow and ends up with a bad fit in John Brantley, and but for a brief few games with Will Grier, haven’t been the same for a decade.
Clemson has had 2 in Watson and Lawrence. They had more help than Cam, but just shows the formula for beating Bama.

I gotta agree and say no way in hell. Imagine the outrage around the rest of the SEC and at FSU and Miami if he were allowed to play.

I do know this, the guy is practicing TODAY, as in, full pads, running around hitting and getting reps. His immediate joining of the team and practices strikes me as odd unless someone thinks there’s a legitimate shot he may be granted immediate eligibility.

Of course, the Twitter rumors are running wild, with some of the wildest stuff being that Cox is unloading to the SEC/NCAA regarding his recruitment at UGA and Kirby’s (alleged) shenanigans. If there’s any truth to that and the NCAA somehow thinks Cox has been aggrieved, who knows how they’ll rule on eligibility.

Keep this in mind, it was Dan Mullen that reported to the NCAA much of the outlandish information that he was hearing from recruits and other sources about Ole Miss, that almost all turned out to be true, and ended up busting Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss.

My Georgia friends don’t need to freak out on me here, y’all know how twitter works and for all I know it’s probably a bunch of yahoos just speculating and spreading bs.

Bottom line to me is that this UF-UGa thing is about to get a whole other level of intense. Good opportunity for UT to sneak by both of them while they’re at war with each other.
Wow, this is getting crazy!

Wow, this is getting crazy!

It’s nuts. 😂 Twitter is on fire. Georgia fans yelling about tampering, saying for this to go down within 48 hours (transfer, new school, on the practice field at new school) that Mullen and UF had to be in discussions with Cox even while he was at Georgia. Florida fans countering with Georgia tampering with their coaches (Charlton Warren) and sabotaging recruiting, and Cox is spilling the beans on Kirby’s recruiting, etc.

It’s wild and it’s funny.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
That kid probably knows most of Georgia’s defensive playbook.

Georgia just handed Mullen a straight up Christmas present.

A full spring and summer, a full season where he played 13 games, another full spring and summer, and a start of Fall camp, and in 48 hours he’s dressed and running around at UF practices.

Look, I’m obviously a Gator and this benefits Florida a lot in terms of talent upgrade at a position of need for next year, but the NCAA has gotta do something about this, right?

If not, where does it end? Can’t teams get really good at basically having spies in other programs?

What’s to keep several players from one team collectively deciding “screw this, let’s leave and go here” every year?

Seems out of control to me.

It’s nuts. 😂 Twitter is on fire. Georgia fans yelling about tampering, saying for this to go down within 48 hours (transfer, new school, on the practice field at new school) that Mullen and UF had to be in discussions with Cox even while he was at Georgia. Florida fans countering with Georgia tampering with their coaches (Charlton Warren) and sabotaging recruiting, and Cox is spilling the beans on Kirby’s recruiting, etc.

It’s wild and it’s funny.
lol all this happened over the span of a few days. If Cox did take benefits, which no evidence of currently, he’d become ineligible. Good for UF, but bad for Cox. Cox may have some playbook knowledge, but would assume UGA’s new DB coach would have more on UF. Ready for football season to start and this offseason hysteria to end.

Getting crazier by the tweet.

“The leaks are now flowing out of Gainesville & Stockbridge from the Cox family. Brenton’s best friend is tOSU QB Justin Fields, transferred out of UGA due to the racial incident in Sanford Stadium and in weight room, has had his own racial incident in Athens and got no backup from Smart or other Coaches. They asked him to leave and he believes he wasnt properly defended by them. Rumblings out of Athens there was a scene last week and Cox knew he was gone and he told Kirby to go *** himself and told teammates next time they saw him he would be kicking their ass wearing Orange & Blue.”

If this turns out to be a racial issue, THAT explains why the NCAA may grant immediate eligibility. Obviously the NCAA doesn’t wanna feel the wrath of the political climate of mishandling a race issue. Oh, and if this turns out to be true, that’s two racial incidents in Athens involving high profile recruits. At some point recruits gotta be double-taking at that?

Reactions: Remy

“The leaks are now flowing out of Gainesville & Stockbridge from the Cox family. Brenton’s best friend is tOSU QB Justin Fields, transferred out of UGA due to the racial incident in Sanford Stadium and in weight room, has had his own racial incident in Athens and got no backup from Smart or other Coaches. They asked him to leave and he believes he wasnt properly defended by them. Rumblings out of Athens there was a scene last week and Cox knew he was gone and he told Kirby to go *** himself and told teammates next time they saw him he would be kicking their ass wearing Orange & Blue.”

If this turns out to be a racial issue, THAT explains why the NCAA may grant immediate eligibility. Obviously the NCAA doesn’t wanna feel the wrath of the political climate of mishandling a race issue. Oh, and if this turns out to be true, that’s two racial incidents in Athens involving high profile recruits. At some point recruits gotta be double-taking at that?

Yikes. That could be a bad situation down in Athens.

Either they genuinely have a serious issue with racist bullchit or players have figured out a way to get immediate eligibility through the NCAA and them steering 300 miles away from any issues regarding race, etc.

Lol. These aren't real. Just the most convenient way to get what you want.

Yikes. That could be a bad situation down in Athens.

Either they genuinely have a serious issue with racist bullchit or players have figured out a way to get immediate eligibility through the NCAA and them steering 300 miles away from any issues regarding race, etc.

Right, and what’s to stop them from claiming racism? In Georgia’s first case with Justin Fields, it was pretty much confirmed because the person who made the racial slur was a baseball player who was subsequently kicked off the team. If I’ve got that wrong the Georgia posters can correct me.

Reactions: Booker512
Right, and what’s to stop them from claiming racism? In Georgia’s first case with Justin Fields, it was pretty much confirmed because the person who made the racial slur was a baseball player who was subsequently kicked off the team. If I’ve got that wrong the Georgia posters can correct me.

Yea. I remember dozens of people confirming the Justin Fields incident.

If it’s real with this kid and that makes two incidents in less than a year.....yikes.

If it’s fake and A kid that was penciled in as a starter in the spring lied about racism just to leave Athens....yikes.

This is pretty much a No win situation for Georgia.

Maybe Gibbs and Solomon should have made allegations of racism. We could use as many bodies as possible eligible this season. Especially Solomon.

Mullen was in it too with Ole Miss. Unless you believe leo Lewis walked away from a LOT of cash

Maybe Gibbs and Solomon should have made allegations of racism. We could use as many bodies as possible eligible this season. Especially Solomon.
Gibbs really should have, since he also came from Georgia. It is such BS that the NCAA granted Fields immediate eligibility at Ohio State over that incident involving the baseball player. We all know that had nothing to do with why Fields transferred.

Separately, does anyone else find it inconsistent that our Gator friend known as "Jaws" said in his first post to this thread that "Kirby has lost control", but is now ecstatic over the Gators picking up that same player that Kirby just let go ?

Reactions: Atlanta917
Mullen was in it too with Ole Miss. Unless you believe leo Lewis walked away from a LOT of cash

Mullen is squeaky clean, he had to be, he took over a program not far removed from Jackie freaking Sherrill. As bad as it got between Ole Miss and Miss State, if Mullen had been doing anything wrong it would have been found out.

VN Store

Back