Georgia being investigated by NCAA

Not saying they aren't dirty--of course they all are--but the NCAA is likely trying to justify its regulatory existence here. I'm not sure what meaningful sanctions on a program would even look like in a post NIL SEC. Scholarship docking is so toothless as to be laughable. Half these guys can just walk into the registrar's office with a roll of cash.

Reactions: PA Vol
As much as I would like this to be true, I ventured over to Georgia's 247 site but didn't see much on it (got out of there quickly, they see themselves as Bama now) and the AJC doesn't have anything either. This is probably clickbait.

Reactions: Volunteer_Kirby
Would there be a possibility that something surfaced from Pruitt in the UT investigation? You know the ole boy must have had a history before coming to UT. IF UT is going to get smacked then they should expose the whole story including UGA and Bama.

I have always thought that 60 Minutes or a NYT reporter could win a Pulitzer by producing an expose on the shenanigans of SEC football.

Would there be a possibility that something surfaced from Pruitt in the UT investigation? You know the ole boy must have had a history before coming to UT. IF UT is going to get smacked then they should expose the whole story including UGA and Bama.

I have always thought that 60 Minutes or a NYT reporter could win a Pulitzer by producing an expose on the shenanigans of SEC football.
Could be. I always wondered about kids that chose Georgia over UT when UT had offered them decent money under Pruitt. I think it was Amarius Mims who was mentioned in the investigation? If UT was offering him money then Georgia would have potentially offered more for him to sign there instead.

Amarius Mims, perhaps? Pruitt supposedly offered him money, then he chose Georgia. Don't think he chose them for free if he was being offered money at Tennessee.

What are they investigating them for, harsh language? I mean Miami is openly paying players and alumni are tweeting about it. There is a written contract in the public sphere where Florida boosters promised to pay Rashada 12 million or whatever (and then hilariously didn't have the money). If they aren't getting hammered it's hard to imagine the Dwags getting held accountable for anything.

Could be. I always wondered about kids that chose Georgia over UT when UT had offered them decent money under Pruitt. I think it was Amarius Mims who was mentioned in the investigation? If UT was offering him money then Georgia would have potentially offered more for him to sign there instead.
Amarius Mims, perhaps? Pruitt supposedly offered him money, then he chose Georgia. Don't think he chose them for free if he was being offered money at Tennessee.
I found it incredibly interesting that it supposedly was UGA that gave the NCAA a call about Mims. UGA turning in a guy who got paid by another school but eventually signed with them sounds like a huge potential self-own, unless he turned down money from UT to play for UGA for free (lol).

I found it incredibly interesting that it supposedly was UGA that gave the NCAA a call about Mims. UGA turning in a guy who got paid by another school but eventually signed with them sounds like a huge potential self-own, unless he turned down money from UT to play for UGA for free (lol).
I thought the whistleblower was all but confirmed to be Trey Smith's sister.

They might as well mail back those last two trophies.

For last four years, turns out Stetson was doing hookers and blow with Kirb's UGA American Express card

What are they investigating them for, harsh language? I mean Miami is openly paying players and alumni are tweeting about it. There is a written contract in the public sphere where Florida boosters promised to pay Rashada 12 million or whatever (and then hilariously didn't have the money). If they aren't getting hammered it's hard to imagine the Dwags getting held accountable for anything.

Cmon, brother. This is clearly pre-NIL stuff or it wouldn't even be an issue. The Mims event always seemed odd to me, and if Kirby learned at the feet of The Saban, then I would say he was up to at least as shady stuff as Slingblade McGump, although Kirby was no doubt smart enough not to use his pregnant wife and babysitter as drop agents.

That said, I don't think the NCAA is going to hammer anybody these days, so this is likely a non event.

Last edited:
Cmon, brother. This is clearly pre-NIL stuff or it wouldn't even be an issue. The Mims event always seemed odd to me, and if Kirby learned at the feet of The Saban, then I would say he was up to at least as shady stuff as Slingblade McGump, although Kirby was no doubt smart enough not to use his pregnant wife and babysitter as drop agents.

That said, I don't think the NCAA is going to hammer anybody these days, so this is likely a non event.
UGA getting in trouble would be huge for us.

But no one could believe a word of those two investigations. They’d decide before doing the story what the ending would be then make up the narrative as they went. Maybe have the WSJ investigate….maybe…

VN Store

Back