George McIntyre : His school went 2-10 last year. How is he so highly rated ?

volmandu

I do not follow high school football much so genuinely curious: How is a guy from 2-10 high school so highly rated ? #2 in 2025 class ?
Also how did his school make it to State Quarterfinals with a 2-10 record ?

(not trying to be negative. I understand it is a team game. I am genuinely elated to land a QB this highly rated. Just trying to understand what happened to his team ..)

Last edited:
I do not follow high school football much so genuinely curious: How is a guy from 2-10 high school so highly rated ? #2 in 2025 class ?

(not trying to be negative. I am genuinely elated to land a QB this highly rated. Just trying to understand)
It just shows that you need more than one player to win in football!!!

(not trying to be negative. I am genuinely elated to land a QB this highly rated. Just trying to understand)
When I looked at their schedule, it seems they played all the highest ranked schools in Tennessee last year in every game. They beat my high school Christian Brothers from Memphis last year as well and they are usually pretty good.

it's all about 🌟 's and being #1 in recruiting!!!! The rest is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

well, you said you didnt follow high school football so that explains it. BA plays a ridiculous schedule both in and out of their region games. They lost alot of one score & close games against state champions and state champion contenders. They did change coaches but they would have a different record with just a play or two per game.

Pretty much every private school makes the playoffs because there are so few of them. There are always 4-6 public school teams and sometimes 3-7 teams that make the playoffs each year too. There are too many classes and some regions only have 5 or 6 teams so all you have to do is finish with the 4th best record in your region and boom, you are in the playoffs. Don't even get me started about having to drive 1-1/2 hours for a region game.

I believe everyone in Dii-AAA makes the playoffs.

His Oline was offensive......He is an elite talent

Defense gave up fiddy/game?

Pretty much every private school makes the playoffs because there are so few of them. There are always 4-6 public school teams and sometimes 3-7 teams that make the playoffs each year too. There are too many classes and some regions only have 5 or 6 teams so all you have to do is finish with the 4th best record in your region and boom, you are in the playoffs. Don't even get me started about having to drive 1-1/2 hours for a region game.
There should be 3 public school divisions and 2 private school divisions.

Team sports does that.

Barry Sanders is arguably the greatest RB of all time. He was a 10 time pro bowler and for a team that only made a handful of playoff games in that span.

Archie Manning made the Pro Bowl in '78/79 for teams that went 7-9 and 8-8.

Probably the greatest batter of all time, Ted Williams, like Sanders played on teams that only made the post season a few times.

VN Store

Back