George Mason hiring Kim English

TheMookieMonster

Yeah, I'm not terribly worried about losing him because Barnes seems to have a great track record with hiring new assistants. I just hope this doesn't affect our recruiting this off-season in the transfer market. No idea what ties/relationships English had built there.

Hey, maybe if he shows some success over the next 2-3 years he can be a target for Barnes replacement once he retires. Who knows. One would think his dream job is Missouri, but you never know.

BurninOrange

All about dem Vols!
So I know this is way early but thoughts on a possible replacement anyone? Just everyone's personal likeness on who they would like to see here.

bleedingTNorange

So I know this is way early but thoughts on a possible replacement anyone? Just everyone's personal likeness on who they would like to see here.
I’m curious if they look at Bobby Maze, I wouldn’t think so as that seems a bit unlike Barnes to do, but would obviously put us in a great spot with a bunch of dudes real quick. I also have no clue of Maze is interested in coaching at the college level, just a thought that’s crossed my mind.

Jai Lucas could be someone...played for Barnes, hired as support staff by Barnes and then stayed at Texas under Shaka, Calipari and Kentucky hired him this year as an official assistant coach, moving Tony Barbee to a support role.

TheMookieMonster

I doubt it happens, but as BTO said I think Bobby Maze could be a unique hire. It's worked for a lot of other schools (i.e. landing big AAU players).

I'm not sure what his coaching acumen is at the moment, but I think one of the most important aspects is getting the players here to compete, and he certainly could do that. I trust Barnes/Des/Schwartz to do the rest.

Admittedly, I don't know enough about basketball assistants to make an informed decision, so I just trust Barnes will hire someone great.

BTO, if they hire Maze would he have to relinquish control of BMazeElite? Or could it still operate with him attached? I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to be around it anymore correct?

Wonder if that would help in the short term but hurt long term if the program does not stay as successful?

Roustabout

BTO, if they hire Maze would he have to relinquish control of BMazeElite? Or could it still operate with him attached? I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to be around it anymore correct?

Wonder if that would help in the short term but hurt long term if the program does not stay as successful?
BMAZE isn’t going to be hired to replace English.

VN Store

Sponsors