Geno & UConn AD Call Out Fulmer

After Fulmer's statement on Uros Plavsic, Geno Auriemma and UConn AD David Benedict called out Fulmer for his "noncommittal" approach to Evina Westbrook's transfer move.

Auriemma: "I’m glad to see that Phil and I agree that everything should be done for the welfare of the student athlete,” Auriemma said Sunday after UConn’s exhibition game against Jefferson. “And I think Phil supports that. Now we just need him to contact the NCAA and say, ‘you know, I support it,’ and then I’m sure there’ll be a different outcome when the appeal goes in.”

UConn AD: "It’s nice to know that Phil Fulmer is in support of student athletes as we are here,” Benedict told The Courant Sunday afternoon. “I would publicly ask him to reconsider their position on not just not taking a position on the waiver, but actually being in support of the waiver and being in support of Evina, just as she would like the student athlete there to be immediately eligible.”

Geno Auriemma, UConn AD David Benedict call on Tennessee to support Evina Westbrook transfer waiver ahead of NCAA appeal
I don’t care what Gino thinks must be worried

Here's a thought..Geno will be FOREVER butthurt over the image difference between him and CPS..There is such a thing as a sore winner..Darth Vader and The Evil Empire seem to be associated with CGA as an image analogy..There is a way to win with respect, not fear, from your players..

CPS will always be remembered as a winner who did so with class..CGA? Eh, not so much..I hope UConn fans have enjoyed their wins as much as LV fans have enjoyed their's..But I think the classy wins are enjoyed the most....

JMHO

Last edited:
Here's a thought..Geno will be FOREVER butthurt over the image difference between him and CPS..There is such a thing as a sore winner..Darth Vader and The Evil Empire seem to be associated with CGA as an image analogy..There is a way to win with respect, not fear, from your players..

CPS will always be remembered as a winner who did so with class..CGA? Eh, not so much..I hope UConn fans have enjoyed there wins as much as LV fans have enjoyed their's..But I think the classy wins are enjoyed the most....

JMHO
LOL!

Q

Truth hurts,doesn't it?

You can't handle the truth.. The obsession, hate, envy of UConn is hilarious. TN needs to worry about finally getting to a final 4 again and then regularly, not getting knocked out in 1st or 2nd rouund, not needing charity to get into the tourney in 2019., etc...

You can't handle the truth.. The obsession, hate, envy of UConn is hilarious. TN needs to worry about finally getting to a final 4 again and then regularly, not getting knocked out in 1st or 2nd rouund, not needing charity to get into the tourney in 2019., etc...
Not obsessed enough to spend half my day on the uconn website like you seem to be obsessed with spending your time here mostly hurling insults and expecting us to sit here and listen. Like we've tried to tell you and the other knuckle heads from the uconn website we don't give a crap about what is going on with Evina your team or your coach. If you would go away and quit balling and crying about it everyone would be better off. Maybe her appeal will get approved and if it doesn't deal with it. Don't come here acting like Tennessee did anything wrong like your coach is insinuating and don't come here expecting most of us to try, even if we could, to do anything in your behalf. I am totally sick of hearing your twisted side of the story and really wonder why you think your making a difference here. Try to explain to me what you are trying to accomplish on this site then we can hopefully give you a final answer, which I am sure you want like, but then you can go away.

Last edited:
Not obsessed enough to spend half my day on the uconn website like you seem to be obsessed with spending your time here mostly hurling insults and expecting us to sit here and listen. Like we've tried to tell you and the other knuckle heads from the uconn website we don't give a crap about what is going on with Evina your team or your coach. If you would go away and quit balling and crying about it everyone would be better off. Maybe her appeal will get approved and if it doesn't deal with it. Don't come here acting like Tennessee did anything wrong like your coach is insinuating and don't come here expecting most of us to try, even if we could, to do anything in your behalf. I am totally sick of hearing your twisted side of the story and really wonder why you think your making a difference here. Try to explain to me what you are trying to accomplish on this site then we can hopefully give you a final answer, which I am sure you want like, but then you can go away.
Amen, and Amen...

Yet this thread is now on it's second page and it's certainly not because of UConn fans.

Yet this thread is now on it's second page and it's certainly not because of UConn fans.
It is exactly because of UConn fans continuing to answer post when they should be on their own site worrying about their own business. There is a rule on this site about opponent trolling none of the post except non Lady Vol news is open to other fans. So it will end soon or all the UConn fans will be wiped off this site because they have to troll just like you did with your last two posts.

Sure it is. We just like to rile up the enemy fan base and see how much we can irritate them.

It's a battle of wills. Who will flinch first?

Reactions: TnScooby
Also from the article:

𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗴𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗨𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗪𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸’𝘀 𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻, 𝗔𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗺𝗺𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 “𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹” 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲, 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 “𝗶𝗳 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵, 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.”
There probably would be an investigation if Geno was losing as much as we have when Evina was here.

Gena is vague in his response but let's be honest here Westbrook probably has true disdain, if not hate, for the Tennessee program.

Imo she was the best player on the team last year. One of the few real playmakers that could actually dribble without looking like Kareem Abdul Jabbar dribbling down the court. In spite Holly's incompetence she remained quiet throughout the year. Then they asked her a question after the expected loss in the post season. Then once again fans (Holly supporters) go nuts and started blaming her like they have done so often during Warlock's tenure. She did what a scorned person would do. Go to the top enemy that is on the schedule so she can put an absolute hurting on her old relationship.

To me, that would not be enough to gain immediate eligibility but if add a firing, and what appeared on the outside to be an absolute awful locker room then who knows.
What does that say about her as a person?

After Fulmer's statement on Uros Plavsic, Geno Auriemma and UConn AD David Benedict called out Fulmer for his "noncommittal" approach to Evina Westbrook's transfer move.

Auriemma: "I’m glad to see that Phil and I agree that everything should be done for the welfare of the student athlete,” Auriemma said Sunday after UConn’s exhibition game against Jefferson. “And I think Phil supports that. Now we just need him to contact the NCAA and say, ‘you know, I support it,’ and then I’m sure there’ll be a different outcome when the appeal goes in.”

UConn AD: "It’s nice to know that Phil Fulmer is in support of student athletes as we are here,” Benedict told The Courant Sunday afternoon. “I would publicly ask him to reconsider their position on not just not taking a position on the waiver, but actually being in support of the waiver and being in support of Evina, just as she would like the student athlete there to be immediately eligible.”

Geno Auriemma, UConn AD David Benedict call on Tennessee to support Evina Westbrook transfer waiver ahead of NCAA appeal

Yawn

VN Store

Back