Geno: Lady Vols are 'any other school now'

Can’t read this silly article, and glad of it. If TN were just any other school, he wouldn’t be mentioning it. Win or lose, play them or not, we’re legacy, total wins, (we’re 1st, then Tara, then Geno), and total Championships rivals. The Tennessee Lady Vols name is still one of the biggest names in women’s college basketball, even though some of you may not think so. We even have Uconn trolls here on VN. Think they troll all the teams? Doubt it. We’re rivals!

Helen Keller could have seen this coming, as Auriemma is as predictable as sunrise. In fact, I mentioned a couple of weeks back that we’ll soon be reading a comment like this from him.

:p

The irony. I just read your post and thought to myself 'lvocd called it weeks ago' lol

Can’t read this silly article, and glad of it. If TN were just any other school, he wouldn’t be mentioning it. Win or lose, play them or not, we’re legacy, total wins, (we’re 1st, then Tara, then Geno), and total Championships rivals. The Tennessee Lady Vols name is still one of the biggest names in women’s college basketball, even though some of you may not think so. We even have Uconn trolls here on VN. Think they troll all the teams? Doubt it. We’re rivals!
Living off the past. Awesome

I mean he isn't wrong
Does just any school have 8 banners? No... This is Geno being the d*** that he is. The point of his comment was to get a rise out of the Tennessee fan base. He still has a stick up his butt about Pat's allegations against him. It's very Spurrier-esque, except that Steve could also be funny, whereas Geno is just patronizing and flippant.

Maybe just a little tired of bash TN on VN. Our records stand, and Holly is gone, yet still negaposters just gotta be showing themselves.
The football program is no better. I don’t like it for either program, but it’s true.
LV’s haven’t been to the Final Four since 2008.
CBS Sports I believe (maybe someone else) just listed Tennessee as the 10th best college football program in history. Problem is, it’s HISTORY. Most kids (especially those within the state), aren’t old enough to realize how good Tennessee is. We’ve been irrelevant for 10+ years in the SEC. Things tend to work in cycles. Hopefully our time is coming in both programs again.

I didn't read it. It is a John Adam's article? News Sentinel seems interested in posting only negative articles about the Lady Vols. Doesn't seem like this paper should be based in Knoxville.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back