Genius of Fulmer?

Failed coaches tank their program and get fired, that's what he did. You are mistaking failed with failure. His career was far from a failure but he still ultimately failed.

I may not live a lot longer but I do have hope we succeed at that level again. Fulmer was slightly more successful than Majors here but a good part of that was because of the work Majors did and what Majors started with. Johnny could coach circles around Fulmer on game day though.

I do agree that Majors was a better game day coach.

No, many coaches move to other bigger and better jobs, and many retire after very successful careers. Some are fired while succeeding like Johnny Majors and Tom Herman. Fulmer stuck around, started losing often, getting beaten up on the field and recruiting trail and was fired. Saban is Walmart, Meyer was Amazon, Fulmer was K-Mart. He couldn't compete and went out of business.
You don't have to like Fulmer that's a choice but saying the man is a failed Coach is crazy.

Everything is a conspiracy anymore. I bet 2021 will be the year the Tinfoil Hat finally becomes stylish :)

Did Fulmer not go down in flames, get fired and never get another coaching job? As I've said before, Sears was a massive business but at the end of the day they were a failed business. Fulmer had success but failed and was fired. Majors firing here came in the midst of his best seasons and best recruiting. Fulmers firing came long after his best days were in the rearview mirror.
i miss coach Majors

Only one of our mouth breathing fans could come up with an idea like this. Yep program he “loves” is about to be a smoldering crater bc of him but he’s a genius.

Do you think Fulmer set Pruitt up to bring down Bama? This trail is leading to Kirby at UGA. Will it lead further?

I think Pruitt started out as his man but an opportunity may have presented itself during the tenure which could not be overlooked.
Yeah because I hear he is quite the chess player always several moves ahead of the other guy

Majors and Dickey built this program.

When Fulmer started to let it sink after Dickey retired, Fulmer was not able to get the job done, to rebuild the program.

I'll never forget how long Fulmer let Sanders have the helm after Cut left. Then Sanders had enough and wanted to step down.

We were told for 3 years that Crompton just did not have the goods, within one year Kiffin had Crompton rolling.

And, he's a piss poor football AD

Gen Neyland says hi

Do you think Fulmer set Pruitt up to bring down Bama? This trail is leading to Kirby at UGA. Will it lead further?

I think Pruitt started out as his man but an opportunity may have presented itself during the tenure which could not be overlooked.
Fulmers ego is bringing down UT football for the second time.

What.... bawahaha. Kill our program to get at another program? There's a four drink limit at the bar.

Op c’mon man. Fulmer and Genius should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Hell they should never be mentioned in the same paragraph. Fulmer did the most fulmer thing imaginable with this hire. He choose a guy that nobody else was going to offer. A guy that wanted to play throw back old school defense in a time that it’s obviously all about offense. And a guy that can’t string together a single sentence without making you realize how much lower the academic standards at Alabama are. This was a horrible hire from the very jump. As a fan we’re just completely helpless. Most of us realized that basically turning the program over to a guy that was fired over a decade ago for being out of touch with reality and allowing the game to pass him by was a terrible idea. Then, he extends Pruitt and gives him a larger buyout that most highly established coaches have. My only question is why on gods green earth does Fulmer still have his job?

Last edited:
Where has Bama been mentioned in any of this mess?

Georgia..yes
Florida...yes
UT.... it's always a circus

But what mental gymnastics did you do to drag Bama into this?

We are our own worst enemy.

Op c’mon man. Fulmer and Genius should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Hell they should never be mentioned in the same paragraph. Fulmer did the most fulmer thing imaginable with this hire. He choose a guy that nobody else was going to offer. A guy that wanted to play throw back old school defense in a time that it’s obviously all about offense. And a guy that can’t string together a single sentence without making you realize how much lower the academic standards at Alabama truly is. This was a horrible hire from the very jump. As a dam we’re just completely helpless. Most of us realized that basically turning the program over to a guy that was fired over a decade ago for being out of touch with reality and allowing the game to pass him by was a terrible idea. Then, he extends Pruitt and gives him a larger payment that most highly established coaches have. My only question is why on gods green earth does Fulmer still have his job?

Because he made the best hire that he could in the short time given. The extension was after a 6 game win and things looked to be on the right path. It was also just keeping him relevant on the recruiting trail.

Yeah dosen't seem like a good idea now but in context not as dire as you make it sound.

Nothing happening to UGA

Instead of dry January, maybe would be good for the country to have a no-social media February? Everyone agrees to get off social media for a months and maybe all the conspiracy theories will die out?

Reactions: tntar heel
Did Fulmer not go down in flames, get fired and never get another coaching job? As I've said before, Sears was a massive business but at the end of the day they were a failed business. Fulmer had success but failed and was fired. Majors firing here came in the midst of his best seasons and best recruiting. Fulmers firing came long after his best days were in the rearview mirror.

It's hilarious to come here and see the mindset of simpletons like yourself.

His best recruiting was aided by Fulmer. And his best season then started with him not on the sideline and returning to lose 3 games he shouldn’t have lost. Don’t get me wrong I love Majors but to call Fulmer a failed coach is disingenuous.
Failed at the end, 2001 to his dismissal. We underperformed every year considering the talent on the roster.

VN Store

Back