Gators dismiss DB

To be fair, big difference between marijuana possession and beating the crap out of a significant other.
imo the Georgia LB would not have been dismissed from UF for possession, just a couple games suspended -- Smart was to harsh on him

imo the Georgia LB would not have been dismissed from UF for possession, just a couple games suspended -- Smart was to harsh on him
I think the kid was dissatisfied about other things and cursed out Smart. Was he dismissed or did he decide to leave on his own(talking about Cox)? I'm not sure.

I think the kid was dissatisfied about other things and cursed out Smart. Was he dismissed or did he decide to leave on his own(talking about Cox)? I'm not sure.
Yeah Cox - I didnt read into it much just the headline dismissed for being arrested on the ESPN scroll

OK, so I checked myself:

"Huggins, a former three-star recruit, made a minimal impact last season as a true freshman. He appeared in eight games as a backup and special teams contributor and finished with three tackles.
But the 6-foot-1, 206-pound Deltona native had a breakout spring, highlighted by an 80-yard interception return for a touchdown in the spring game.
“It’s big for me,” Huggins said after that exhibition, “just letting the coaches know I can play, that I can solidify myself here at the University of Florida.”
"

TAMPA BAY TIMES

Yeah kid, way to solidify.

He was in trouble for awhile. Not surprising.

Was already suspended for several games, hasn’t practiced all Fall camp, the team had pretty much moved on from him. He looked like a good player during Spring and would have been a backup at Star, but he blew it.

Could somebody smart about Florida tell me if he was a key player? Starter?

Not a key player, but a kid with some talent who could have worked himself into some playing time had he kept himself out of trouble. Takes away an option for backup to Trey Dean at Star, but UF has been preparing without Huggins all Fall camp. They’ll be fine.

This has been cleared up, Cox was NOT “dismissed” by Georgia. The player chose to leave. Georgia people were putting out fake stories about Kirby kicking him off the team. He was NOT kicked off the team at Georgia, he chose to leave.

Last edited:
Not a key player, but a kid with some talent who could have worked himself into some playing time had he kept himself out of trouble. Takes away an option for backup to Trey Dean at Star, but UF has been preparing without Huggins all Fall camp. They’ll be fine.

Yes but defensive secondary depth is a real concern at this point. We cannot afford any injuries, just two weeks out.

Yes but defensive secondary depth is a real concern at this point. We cannot afford any injuries, just two weeks out.

8 guys who have played extensively; CJ, Marco and Dean, the 4 safeties, and then Burney if you want to move him back. Behind those 8 are true freshmen; Kaiir Elam, Jaydon Hill and Chester Kimbrough. Any significant injuries and you’re relying on some of the true freshmen. So agree, need to stay healthy.

Slightly off topic but I also see where former Gator WR, Antonio Callaway, has been suspended for the first four games by the NFL for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. It was incredible what McElwain put up with from this guy at Florida and he still can't keep his nose clean.

VN Store

Back