Gator fans smell like **** thread

Mullen is a solid hire for UF. Would have been good here too.

Next season will tell the real story concerning both our hires. Hopefully Pruitt is the diamond in the rough and Mullen ends up being Butch 2.0

Mullen is a solid hire for UF. Would have been good here too.

Next season will tell the real story concerning both our hires. Hopefully Pruitt is the diamond in the rough and Mullen ends up being Butch 2.0

I’m been considered openly critical of Mullen. But the reality is even though I don’t think he’s elite/multi championship he is a good coach and would be good enough to be here a long long time. I just think the standard from the administration at Florida is higher than here.

To question if Mullen is a good coach is pure jealousy or blindness. Nobody has been as good at Mississippi State. Mississippi State in the SEC West when Bama is as good if not better than Bear days. LSU, Auburn, A&M, and Ole Miss had at times very good teams during his time at State and won a lot of games there. Mullen is very good period. I believe JP will build a real good defense at UT and if so we can compete with UF and UGA for the East.

LSU fans always smell like they are eating corndogs.

Florida fans smell like corndogs coming out the other end of the LSU fans.

I’m been considered openly critical of Mullen. But the reality is even though I don’t think he’s elite/multi championship he is a good coach and would be good enough to be here a long long time. I just think the standard from the administration at Florida is higher than here.
He strikes me as a Mark Richt type

Yes! Kinda like a hunchback Mark Richt.

Hope he can hang around Gainesville for a couple of decades running the veer.
I wouldn't give him that much credit yet. They were supposed to do good this year. Yes, they overachieved and then played a soft Michigan team to make them look even better. By year 3 we will be very happy we went with Pruitt and didn’t end up with Butch 2.0 (oops, I said it) Dan Mullen.

• Florida will finish the season with the 22nd ranked scoring offense in 2018. It had not finished higher than 43rd in the last 8 years – with the average over those 8 years ranking 79th in the FBS.
  • Feleipe Franks 2,457 yards passing are the most by a Gators quarterback since Tim Tebow in 2009. Same with touchdowns (24), QB rating (143.34), interception rate on attempted passes (.018%), and yards per game. He was also the first quarterback to play in every game in a season since 2010 (John Brantley)
  • The Gators had six receivers with more than 200 yards receiving on the season for the first time since 2010 and had nine receivers (with at least 9+ catches on the season) average more than 10+ yards per reception for the first time since 2001.
  • The 23 rushing touchdowns were the most by the Gators since 2010. Their 2,771 yards rushing and their 5.27 yards per carry were their most since 2009. And for the first time since 2009, the Gators top-3 running backs averaged more than 5.9 yards per carry. The Gators ranked 27thin the country in rushing yards per game, after finishing 75th last season
  • The Gators six interceptions are the lowest in a season since 2012.
  • Feleipe Franks streak of five straight games without an interception is the first time the Gators have accomplished that feat since 2009.
  • The Gators scored 40+ points in six games this year for the first time since 2009.
  • This year, the Gators only allowed 18 sacks (1.39 per game) ranking 21st in the country, which is a 103-spot improvement over their 124th ranking last season (3.69). Last season the Gators were sacked 9.8% of the
  • time on passing downs (98th in the country), this year it was 0.9% of the time (1st in the country).
  • The Gators ranked 16th in the country in fewest turnovers lost (14).
  • The Gators improved +74 spots nationally in yards per play over last season, which is the largest improvement in the FBS.
  • Florida had 84 rushes go 10+ yards. Last season, they had 58 and the season before they had just 45.

Reactions: Gatorsec
There isn’t 10 coaches in cfb right now I’d trade Mullen for

He was the perfect hire for Fla at the time. Developing QBs and fixing the offense was priorit #1 and he did that in year 1

Saban couldn’t win a championship at Miss st esp not with another saban at Bama

Mullen just got on a level playing field when he got to UF and has only been there for one season I’ll give him time before I pass judgement offense should only continue to improve as he recruits his own guys

Last edited:
There isn’t 10 coaches in cfb right now I’d trade Mullen for

He was the perfect hire for Fla at the time. Developing QBs and fixing the offense was priorit #1 and he did that in year 1

Saban couldn’t win a championship at Miss st esp not with another saban at Bama

Mullen just got on a level playing field when he got to UF and has only been there for one season I’ll give him time before I pass judgement offense should only continue to improve as he recruits his own guys

Mullen can’t recruit...how quickly you forget. :cool:

Right, so the only option is to fire Mullen now and go after the only coaches with a natty under their belt.

The only option now is to ride it out and see what happens. The right answer would have been to hire someone better to begin with.
Now who would that be? I have no idea. The topic at hand is Mullen though. And while the original statement was he’s the new Butch Jones. He’s clearly better than that by far. But my opinion is at 6 mil a year the powers that be at Florida will not allow the lack of champions. As I’ve said 100 times, I believe that Mullen could win enough to be at Tennessee for a long long time. The standard is higher at Florida right now. Maybe if Florida goes through what Tennessee did then the standard might come down. I don’t think that’s likely though. Tennessee seems content to hire up and coming coaches to save money. Florida is willing to pay for top coaches.
You seem to think I’m insulting you/Florida by saying that “I don’t think Mullen is up too Florida’s standard” hell, I’m jealous

The only option now is to ride it out and see what happens. The right answer would have been to hire someone better to begin with.
Now who would that be? I have no idea. The topic at hand is Mullen though. And while the original statement was he’s the new Butch Jones. He’s clearly better than that by far. But my opinion is at 6 mil a year the powers that be at Florida will not allow the lack of champions. As I’ve said 100 times, I believe that Mullen could win enough to be at Tennessee for a long long time. The standard is higher at Florida right now. Maybe if Florida goes through what Tennessee did then the standard might come down. I don’t think that’s likely though. Tennessee seems content to hire up and coming coaches to save money. Florida is willing to pay for top coaches.
You seem to think I’m insulting you/Florida by saying that “I don’t think Mullen is up too Florida’s standard” hell, I’m jealous

I don’t think you’re insulting UF or me personally.

We just disagree on Mullen’s potential for championships at UF, and how long a leash he’ll be given pursuing those championships.

As long as Scott Stricklin is our AD, Dan Mullen will be our football coach.

I don’t think you’re insulting UF or me personally.

We just disagree on Mullen’s potential for championships at UF, and how long a leash he’ll be given pursuing those championships.

As long as Scott Stricklin is our AD, Dan Mullen will be our football coach.

Yes, I will admit that Scott Stricklin is a bit of a wildcard

VN Store

Back