Gator fans smell like **** thread

TGFHeupel16

Tennessee football: Vols dodged a bullet by not hiring Dan Mullen
Article says Dan Mullen is the new Butch Jones of SEC. When I think about It, and watch his goofy self in pressers, and just in the way he carries himself. I think Tn dodged a bullet in not hiring Butch 2.0 aka Dan Mullen. He comes off very goofy, it’s almost like he’s trying to please everyone and he tries way to hard. It like he’s not his own person. Granit, the guy might field one heck of an Offense, but I think we honestly couldn’t have ended up with a better coach. (I include Gruden and Leach in this) I wanted Jon Gruden to be our coach as much as anyone did. And regretfully I’m going to have to eat some crow here and admit my second choice would’ve been Mullen. I mean we went 4-8 last year and we already have the 11th rated class. I think We have gold in CJP. Not only is he not “star hunting” he brings in his own breed of player. He’s the kind of coach that will take a 3 star over a 4 if it fits his mold better. I think The opposite with Jones and Mullen. Dan Mullen finally had a heck of a year last year at MSU and fans (including myself) were thinking he’s our next answer if no Gruden. I’m jacked about our future and am curious to what my fellow Vol fans think about this.
PS: I am new To this site, so if I’m pissing anyone off or doing something incorrect please let me know.
Have a blessed day Vol fans!!!!

Mullen had success at what has typically been a bottom feeder SEC school In Miss St. Now he's at an SEC powerhouse in a talent rich state. I don't see the comparison. Don't get me wrong, now that he coaches the Gators, I despise Mullen, but he's still 100x the coach Butch Jones is/was.

Mullen will do well at Florida if he has himself a good Defensive Coordinator, and I'm sure he does.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about pissing anybody on this site off if I were you. You'll get plenty of that and you won't even have to try..lol.

I still marvel at many of the posters here who didn’t want Mullen based on the ridiculous premise that he never accomplished much at Miss St. SMH

giphy.gif

My orange tinted glasses might get in the way of reason sometimes. Just saw the article, thought it’d be a good topic. After reading it there are some similarities, probably the cheesyness of both of them. I can Only hope he fails as much a Butch. I think With Pruitt we turn things around a lot faster then they would if we had Mullen. I think Mullen can turn Florida around, I just think it will take more time then there fans and administrators will give him. I think If Mullen were at Tn the recruiting class would be worse then Florida’s current class. It definitely wouldn’t be in the top 15. Florida has much more in state talent then us, and more resources then us for recruiting. How would we all be feeling right now with a 19 class that’s not even in the top 40??

I don't know that you can say he "finally had a heck of a year last year", when a few years ago when he had Dak Prescott he had Miss St at #1 for a little while.

I am a big Mullen fan and think he would have done a really good job here but I have to share this story.

In December 2016, I was traveling to Jackson, MS for business and I was listening to the local ESPN affiliate on National JUCO signing day and they were interviewing Mullen. They asked him about his JUCO recruiting class and how he was able to snag such a highly thought of JUCO recruiting class. His answer was "We were able to show our them that if they came to MSU, they could be champions on the field, champions in the classroom and champions of life.". This was just a couple weeks after Butch made the Champions of Life comment.

Mullens has actually won a game against a sec west opponent
And Pruitt has 4 NC rings on his finger. It could be a coincidence that everywhere he goes the Defense is drastically Feared. I know, I know he Was at Bama and anyone can accomplish that feat at Bama. What happened to FSU when he left? They fell apart. Also, anyone can recruit at Bama so that doesn’t mean anything either right? Yes, I guess you can say that. But you can’t say anyone could go to a 4-8 bottom tier SEC team and steal recruits from the likes of Proven winning programs such as Auburn, Bama, Ga
If we could do it over, the only thing I would change is that Pruitt is our First and Only priority for our new leader of our beloved program.

Dak Prescott got Mississippi State to the #1 ranking in the country and the cover of SI. He’s a very good coach.

FYP

Josh Dobbs also had us ranked in the top 10 for a short time. I'm not saying Dan Mullen is as bad as Butch because I don't believe he is, but I'm not ready to crown him the next Spurrier at UF either because I don't believe he's elite. I think he's slightly above mediocre until he proves otherwise, which he never did at MSST.

I am a big Mullen fan and think he would have done a really good job here but I have to share this story.

In December 2016, I was traveling to Jackson, MS for business and I was listening to the local ESPN affiliate on National JUCO signing day and they were interviewing Mullen. They asked him about his JUCO recruiting class and how he was able to snag such a highly thought of JUCO recruiting class. His answer was "We were able to show our them that if they came to MSU, they could be champions on the field, champions in the classroom and champions of life.". This was just a couple weeks after Butch made the Champions of Life comment.
THIS... and I’m not saying Mullen is incompetent as Butch, he’s an offensive genius and I’m the first to admit it. But he mirrors Butch’s personality. Bump this and revisit it when he makes Losing to us this year somehow a moral victory. Go Vols!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Tennessee football: Vols dodged a bullet by not hiring Dan Mullen
Article says Dan Mullen is the new Butch Jones of SEC. When I think about It, and watch his goofy self in pressers, and just in the way he carries himself. I think Tn dodged a bullet in not hiring Butch 2.0 aka Dan Mullen. He comes off very goofy, it’s almost like he’s trying to please everyone and he tries way to hard. It like he’s not his own person. Granit, the guy might field one heck of an Offense, but I think we honestly couldn’t have ended up with a better coach. (I include Gruden and Leach in this) I wanted Jon Gruden to be our coach as much as anyone did. And regretfully I’m going to have to eat some crow here and admit my second choice would’ve been Mullen. I mean we went 4-8 last year and we already have the 11th rated class. I think We have gold in CJP. Not only is he not “star hunting” he brings in his own breed of player. He’s the kind of coach that will take a 3 star over a 4 if it fits his mold better. I think The opposite with Jones and Mullen. Dan Mullen finally had a heck of a year last year at MSU and fans (including myself) were thinking he’s our next answer if no Gruden. I’m jacked about our future and am curious to what my fellow Vol fans think about this.
PS: I am new To this site, so if I’m pissing anyone off or doing something incorrect please let me know.
Have a blessed day Vol fans!!!!
If you’re pissing some posters off, you’re doing it right. 😉

I still marvel at many of the posters here who didn’t want Mullen based on the ridiculous premise that he never accomplished much at Miss St. SMH
I wasnt One. I wanted Mullen after I came to life and realized were not actually getting Gruden. But where we are right now, I’m glad we ended up with who we did.

VN Store

Back