Gator fans smell like **** thread

#33, the only team with fewer recruits ranked higher is Stanford, at #32.

and I guess you believe the classes are fixed and there won't be any shake ups. Looking good for S.Car, NCST, and Purdue then. kinda surprised that USC will end up at 24, oh wait thats not how this works.

season hasn't even started yet and you have crowned Moorehead and dismissed Mullen. no cause for celebration yet.
a very unusual amount of talent in miss this year just look at 18 class for comparison

But hey we got the a beast out of Miss by the name of Diwun Black

Last edited:
Tennessee football: Vols dodged a bullet by not hiring Dan Mullen
Article says Dan Mullen is the new Butch Jones of SEC. When I think about It, and watch his goofy self in pressers, and just in the way he carries himself. I think Tn dodged a bullet in not hiring Butch 2.0 aka Dan Mullen. He comes off very goofy, it’s almost like he’s trying to please everyone and he tries way to hard. It like he’s not his own person. Granit, the guy might field one heck of an Offense, but I think we honestly couldn’t have ended up with a better coach. (I include Gruden and Leach in this) I wanted Jon Gruden to be our coach as much as anyone did. And regretfully I’m going to have to eat some crow here and admit my second choice would’ve been Mullen. I mean we went 4-8 last year and we already have the 11th rated class. I think We have gold in CJP. Not only is he not “star hunting” he brings in his own breed of player. He’s the kind of coach that will take a 3 star over a 4 if it fits his mold better. I think The opposite with Jones and Mullen. Dan Mullen finally had a heck of a year last year at MSU and fans (including myself) were thinking he’s our next answer if no Gruden. I’m jacked about our future and am curious to what my fellow Vol fans think about this.
PS: I am new To this site, so if I’m pissing anyone off or doing something incorrect please let me know.
Have a blessed day Vol fans!!!!
Since I find anything and everything connected to Gators football barf worthy, coach Mullen has joined that category. I will say though, Mullen did a fine job at Miss St for the most part, giving that fan base reason to shout, all while recruiting between Alabama and LSU not to mention Ole Miss. He has show the ability to recognize talent, utilize it as a weapon, and improve a team. We're going to have to beat this coach early and often from the start because if he gets confident and comfortable he may be yet another monster under the Vols bed. From this point on I shall treat him with indifference at best as he has the Gator cooties on him now.

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol
Van Jefferson, Trevon Grimes, Tyrie Cleveland, Kadarius Toney
Then Jacob Copeland, Freddy Swain, Josh Hammond, Daquon Green Rick Wells

Problem is who is gonna throw to them, No QB announced yet right? I am still wait and see with Mullen's offense this year!

This is Mullen not Mac he can actually find creative ways to get the ball in playmakers hands
you can say that again.

gif__54_.gif

Won 2 titles at UF in 3 years while kicking ass and blowing mfers out with fla athletes

Sorry guys but he’s back get ready. That one win you had in last 12 years savior it
pretty sure Meyer is still at OSU, unless he got real forgetful all the sudden and wandered back onto UF.

Won 2 titles at UF in 3 years while kicking ass and blowing mfers out with fla athletes

Sorry guys but he’s back get ready. That one win you had in last 12 years savior it
We’ll SAVIOR it along with more of your extended absences after talking it up in the first half. 😉

Mullen did well at UF with Zook and Meyer recruits. The issue is when he has 3*-4* talent he gets the worst record against ranked opponents in the NCAA, 2-15. He didn't do well at MSU when he played teams with better talent and that doesn't bode well with UGA and UT both having excellent recruiters. The argument could be made that he's getting better 3*'s at UF, but he certainly isn't recruiting like the Zook/Meyer days.

Y’all are gonna surprised by the talent on UF offense

RB and WR are frickin loaded

Defense should be solid too

But hey as far as Mullen goes he left miss st with a pretty great team offense returns a very good QB and RB in Fitzgerald and Williams

Then on D they might be as good as they ever have been

Montez sweat
Jeffery Simmons
Mark McClaurin
Leo Lewis
Erroll Thompson
Jamal Peters

They beat the dog **** out LSU and damn near beat Bama and that’s with those 3 stars

But hey as far as Mullen goes he left miss st with a pretty great team offense returns a very good QB and RB in Fitzgerald and Williams

Montez sweat
Jeffery Simmons
Mark McClaurin
Leo Lewis
Erroll Thompson
Jamal Peters

They beat the dog **** out LSU and damn near beat Bama and that’s with those 3 stars
You’ll be gone by the middle of the second quarter this year. 😎

Montez sweat
Jeffery Simmons
Mark McClaurin
Leo Lewis
Erroll Thompson
Jamal Peters

Dude what are you smoking? How do you go from saying they should be solid to a few lines later saying they could be the best they've ever had? How long have you been a UF fan?

Dude what are you smoking? How do you go from saying they should be solid to a few lines later saying they could be the best they've ever had? How long have you been a UF fan?
Miss st defense

Lol UF defense ain’t nowhere near 06 or 08

But MSU D might really be the best they ever had

Sweat, Simmons, McClaurin etc all legit studs

I guess this will be the year we find out if Shoop really does suck balls cuz he could not have walked into a better situation

Man what are you smoking I just re-read that it’s pretty obvious I was talkin about MSU

Although they are the vandy of the West nobody cares about them unless they got a top 20 ranking and they playing LSU bama auburn or maybe egg bowl

Last edited:

Montez sweat
Jeffery Simmons
Mark McClaurin
Leo Lewis
Erroll Thompson
Jamal Peters

So we’re just gonna ignore the UGA, Auburn, and Umass games? While at MSU Mullen showed that he struggled against teams with more talent.

Montez sweat
Jeffery Simmons
Mark McClaurin
Leo Lewis
Erroll Thompson
Jamal Peters

definitely wouldn't have said UF is frickin loaded at RB. I definitely wouldn't put them in the top 3/4 of the SEC. WR could be, but talent there alone doesn't mean much if you can't get them the ball, QB and OL.

Took a little stroll over to the gator board. Surprisingly, a lot of the posters in one of their prediction threads are saying the UT game worries them and they're actually giving the talent on our team and coaches credit. They still think they win of course, but they're not chalking it up as a gimme. Usually their predictions are more like UF 173 UT 0.

definitely wouldn't have said UF is frickin loaded at RB. I definitely wouldn't put them in the top 3/4 of the SEC. WR could be, but talent there alone doesn't mean much if you can't get them the ball, QB and OL.

We have very good talent at RB, with an average at best OL.

We have exceptional talent at WR, with a below average QB being protected by an average at best OL.

The thing is i don't believe Botch Jones would ever have had a Tennessee team that was good enough to go to the Orange Bowl like Dan Mullen did at Mississippi State

Reactions: Adam2014
We have very good talent at RB, with an average at best OL.

We have exceptional talent at WR, with a below average QB being protected by an average at best OL.
None of UF's RBs scare me. they are good certainly. but none are the type to take over a game, or are good enough to win games like Bama, UGA, and LSU have had in the recent past. heck then you have stars like Snell. Who is UF's best RB and where does he honestly fall in the SEC? I wouldn't have them in the top 10 of individual players. combined there is depth but its all just SEC serviceable.

None of UF's RBs scare me. they are good certainly. but none are the type to take over a game, or are good enough to win games like Bama, UGA, and LSU have had in the recent past. heck then you have stars like Snell. Who is UF's best RB and where does he honestly fall in the SEC? I wouldn't have them in the top 10 of individual players. combined there is depth but its all just SEC serviceable.

In my opinion our best RB, when healthy, is Malik Davis. Problem is he’s coming off a knee injury. He was easily our best RB before getting hurt last year.

Jordan Scarlett has all-SEC talent and led us in rushing a couple seasons ago before getting suspended last year.

I won’t comment on the true freshman Pierce until I see him in action.

In my opinion our best RB, when healthy, is Malik Davis. Problem is he’s coming off a knee injury. He was easily our best RB before getting hurt last year.

Jordan Scarlett has all-SEC talent and led us in rushing a couple seasons ago before getting suspended last year.

I won’t comment on the true freshman Pierce until I see him in action.
Scarletts best year was his sophmore year. 5.0 yards per carry, less than 900 yards. not someone you game plan around

davis has a much better 6.7 average. he will be one to watch. hopefully, for his sake, the injury doesn't set him back. but I still don't think he is a number you circle and spy.

VN Store

Back