Gary Danielson should be fired

The Worst, most biased announcer I have ever heard. He is a huge Tide and Ga. fan and it is obvious in every game he calls that either of those two teams play in.

Reactions: VFL1977
Every SEC team dislikes Danielson and thinks he’s biased against them.

Every SEC team dislikes Danielson and thinks he’s biased against them.

I truly don’t understand the hate for him. He actually praised To’oto’o several times during the game. He mentioned during pregame that if you really want a treat, watch Trey Smith and Cade Mays and the way they maul people. He praised JG and Josh Palmer for their good plays during the game, as well as Brandon Johnson for holding on to a catch after taking a big hit.

But he also says good things about the other team when they do things well, and frankly Georgia did a lot of things well.

To me he plays no favorites. He’s a former Big 10 QB at Purdue, so he has no real rooting interest in anything other than an entertaining game. However, he is very analytical and less emotional, and I guess that turns some people off. They would rather have someone get excited and talk about their team all the time. If that’s what you want, then you really should be listening to the Vol Network, with Bob Kesling and Tim Priest.

I don't necessarily find him biased, but he's awful to listen to. I'd be cool with ditching Gary and bringing in Mike Golic. I think him and Brad would be a solid pair.

Danielson is just a sack swinger for whoever is favored to win. If we want to shut him up, maybe we should stop getting bitch slapped by every team with a pulse.

Reactions: vol1981
Not a Danielson fan. He should have at least been suspended if not fired last year for the way he reacted to that photographer getting injured during last year's Georgia-Auburn game. Everyone else in the stadium was stunned by what had just happened and sat there in silence. Daneilson though was laughing about it and made a smart-aleck remark when play resumed. The following week he did appologize but the sincerity of it is questionable.

I said this in the game thread...

but tune into the Vol Radio! I've been doing this for over three years.
I know a lot of yall don't like Bob Kessling - and I get it, he's no John Ward...but he's OK.
Tim Priest is hilarious. He provides all the emotion to the broadcast and usually is very energetic on big plays.

Just sync the radio broadcast to your television broadcast by pausing the TV at a play and wait for Kessling to say "XXXX takes the snap". You'll get a viewing experience where the broadcasters don't hate Tennessee and as an added bonus you don't have to listen to them drone on about how Alabama or some other high profile team is looking. Just Tennessee.
thats a fantastic idea, whenever palmer caught that touchdown i saw it in real time that it was a touchdown, gary gayielson was literally seeing the same **** i was in REPLAY and still saying oh he ''might'' get a touchdown here...very much dislike his tennessee hating ass

Usually I don't think commentators are blatantly against us but it was like listening to the Bulldog network call the game

Anyone calling one of our games against one of the top 3 is going to be disliked. Face it. We still SUCK. Enjoy the wins til we don't.

I have said this for years. It started the '08 game versus Auburn. All I can recommend is take to social media during
a CBS game - any game - on anything he says.

Absolutely no regard for being even remotely neutral, and he’s getting worse every year. Please go Gary

You want Daniels or the ESPN heads to shut up or say great things about UT? How about winning some big games for a change? 34 straight loses to a Top 10 team. Haven't won since 2006. Until whenever that happens mute the sound when we play on CBS whenever that might ever happen again.

Reactions: Tursiops
Absolutely no regard for being even remotely neutral, and he’s getting worse every year. Please go Gary

I agree. Me and my friends called it before the game. He tends to get on the bandwagon of the higher ranked team and seemed to ger beside himself once UGA took control. Of course we made it easy for him.

VN Store

Back