Gandy Injury A Rumor?

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
People on here have been talking about how Gandy injured his knee playing basketball. However, I haven't heard anything about this in the tennessean, or any other type of news. I was just wondering if this is hopefully just a rumor. :cross:

I'm not saying I'm right, but reading between the lines, my take is that he is not injured at this point without official confirmation. Even if he is, is it minor or season ending. Heck, it's only February. Westsidevol posted his flaming thread yesterday, but the link to Fulmer's interview in the Tennessean is dated today and he mentions Gandy in the mix for this coming season, and no indication that he is questionable.

Was this Gandy injury ever mentioned other places like govols.com or any other UT media outlets? I don't recall hearing anything about the injury outside of this message board.

Yes it's on Govols. The story is by Dave Hooker who I trust. Says he had an MRI on friday, and they were 90% sure it was a clean tear. Clean means no cartilege damage. That's a good thing about the cartilege, take it from someone who's been there. He is set to have surgery this week. :bad:

I wish that it was a rumor.....but it's not. I hate that it happened to him, but they say that he might be able to play some later on in the season. So here's to a speedy recovery! :cross:

yeah athelets usually heal really fast. look at T.O. and McGahee. great training staffs.

The benefit of being young, athletically conditioned, and in good care, with a high helaing percentage injury. With any luck, he'll make fall practice, and atleast get in half a season at worst.

It's just such a tough injury, and rehab is no joke! I was 20 when I did mine and in great shape, but it still took 10 months before I was 100%. Although, I bet he will have a little better facilities than I did. Here's the quote from UT's trainer:

"We are hopeful Richie will be able to return for at least part of if not all of the 2005 season," UT head athletic trainer Keith Clements said. "However, most ACL rehabs take nine months on average. There may be some dynamics within Richie's situation, if the damage is limited to just the ACL, so that he possibly could return earlier rather than later."

"Interior linemen aren't asked to do as much as skill players in terms of cutting and changing directions, so they're often able to come back from an ACL tear quicker than a running back, receiver or defensive back."

This is also something to consider....

Interior linemen aren't asked to do as much as skill players in terms of cutting and changing directions, so they're often able to come back from an ACL tear quicker than a running back, receiver or defensive back."

No they don't do much - just push around 400lb linemen all day!!!

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 22, 2005 3:59 PM
"Interior linemen aren't asked to do as much as skill players in terms of cutting and changing directions, so they're often able to come back from an ACL tear quicker than a running back, receiver or defensive back."

This is also something to consider....

..but they do pull on traps, sweeps and iso plays and are also asked to get out in front on screens. You might be able to get away with an injury at tackle, but guards and centers have to be able to move a little more.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 22, 2005 8:48 PM
..but they do pull on traps, sweeps and iso plays and are also asked to get out in front on screens. You might be able to get away with an injury at tackle, but guards and centers have to be able to move a little more.

Gandy played some tackle last year. Wasn't he the one who played every OL position last year? If heals quickly, he could at least give us a little more depth.

VN Store

Back