Gameplan vs Kentucky?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
•Defensive rebounds, can’t give UK multiple chances to score.

•Guard the 3 point line, especially Herro. He can be dangerous when his shots are falling.

•Williams & Schofield need to stay out of foul trouble.

•Turner I believe, will be the key here. He was a big contributor in last years win at Rupp with that clutch deep three in the 2nd half.

Overall, I want to see what I’ve been seeing from this team. Play hard defense and stick to your gameplan.

And please, do a better job at defending the 3 point line. That’s really the only weakness that I see with this team.

The bigger question is , How will they and other teams scheme for us? Hold Grant under 10 and 5 other guys go double figures. Any other team you can take 2 guys out of the game and they're beat. Take 2 out on us and 4 other guys step up. How do you scheme for that?

I'm nervous about this game but it's a fun kind of nervousness, maybe is anxiousness lol.

If everyone on the team makes the most with their time on the court ( like Bowden has done) then we can handle any team we face.... from a college hoops point of view

•Guard the 3 point line, especially Herro. He can be dangerous when his shots are falling.

•Turner I believe, will be the key here. He was a big contributor in last years win at Rupp with that clutch deep three in the 2nd half.

Overall, I want to see what I’ve been seeing from this team. Play hard defense and stick to your gameplan.

And please, do a better job at defending the 3 point line. That’s really the only weakness that I see with this team.

Whoever is assigned to guard Herro has no "help defense" responsibilities.

This is our biggest need. Also need to try and shut down PJ Washington. He's play the best on their team right now. I'm worried Grant will pick up some fouls trying to shut him down.

Reactions: cardvolfan
This is our biggest need. Also need to try and shut down PJ Washington. He's play the best on their team right now. I'm worried Grant will pick up some fouls trying to shut him down.
I think Kyle will be the x-factor in the games against KY and LSU. If he picks up his game on D, he'll take a lot of pressure off Williams. He's been bored of late and it showed against SC. Barnes got in his ear and he picked it up last few minutes. Come on Kyle. show your pro stuff down the stretch.

Being Kentucky and at Rupp, I fully expect Alexander, Williams and Schofield to be fouled-out before the end of the game. But I think if we can get anything approximating a fair shake from the refs, then we have a solid chance.

Reactions: Stoked
This would be huge. Grant is one of the best at drawing fouls, so it could be possible.
UK was different without him on the floor vs. LSU. Only played 25 or so mins, and still scored 20ish.

Whoever's going to the game and in the lower regions. Please take a big sign to show near the end when we're up 15 that says "Just Like Football' in orange.

Reactions: Vol@PennState

The biggest weakness is the defense against transition 3s on the fast break. Those are tough for anybody to defend. In our base halfcout defense I think you'll notice our 3 point defense to be very efficient. Those transition 3s will get you beat ask Louisville!!

Reactions: JohnD13
Come out and punch them in the throat
Establish the post game beat and bang on them
Attack the rim and be ready to rebound
Defend defend defend

Turner and Bowden stay glued to Herro.

Keep PJ out of the paint.

Kyle has to defend without picking up stupid fouls.

We need 15 collective minutes of minimal mistake ball from Fulkerson/Walker in the post.

Push the pace and take care of the ball.

Offensively, don’t settle for 3s and work inside out. Bone/Turner/Bowden/Schofield have to drive the paint.

Both teams will go inside and get physical. The team that succeeds in this effort will probably win. I fully expect a free throw shooting contest an many players in foul trouble the entire game. UT has 6 players who can score 20 without pushing it if necessary. I am hoping experience becomes a factor. Let’s go up there and steal their cookies, they can’t afford another loss.

Another key I think will be very important is how we handle Kentucky's runs. When they go on that run, we cannot get into a 1 pass/quick shot mentality. We must be patient, move the ball side to side and make the defense work.

The bigger question is , How will they and other teams scheme for us? Hold Grant under 10 and 5 other guys go double figures. Any other team you can take 2 guys out of the game and they're beat. Take 2 out on us and 4 other guys step up. How do you scheme for that?
Pick your poison, UK. If you hold Grant from scoring, he will get his 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Go ahead, let Bowden and Turner hit the 3's. Scheming for Grant. Let Admiral use his force to get 20. Lay off Bone, and let him rule the night. I can tell you, I don't envy the coach having to scheme against us. I hope I'm not wrong, but you shut down one guy, then the others will kill you.

WIN

VN Store

Back