Game Thread - Tennessee Lady Vols vs #2 Shady Trees & Referees

No I am just being objective. .

3-Dumb-and-Dumber-Laughing-Gif.gif

Reactions: NoBackBoard
No I am just being objective. Always best to look at what actually happened not what our biased view says happened. It was really not a big deal but fans are trying to make something out of the incident which was not there.

More and more are being objective and believing what they see and not what they are told.

Last edited:
View attachment 525720

Look at this pic Fat,,,who is taunting who in it.
NM,,,IC,,,Jackson has the aggressive body language,,,it is so very apparent
BTW do you ref west coast games?

Just after Brink blocked the shot she yelped in satisfaction with herself - you can clearly hear it - and then said something emphatically to RJ immediately, and right in her face. Then RJ barked back. Clear as day.

Yep. Like seeing the team getting better game by game, and seeing our coaching staff doing a great job! Seeing is believing.

Sure, except what was the end result of each game? Have we just improved at losing? Are we a team of moral victories or banners? Great is defined differently person to person.

Last edited:
Reactions: volmanNC
Reactions: Lucy and Majors
Since you like to quote coaches, how about one from a guy we all hate but is undeniably in the GOAT conversation...
Nick Saban - Focus On The Process , Not The Results

Solid quote no doubt. Could we say the same was said for Holly? And I’m not a Holly fan but curious was that trusting the process or results/record that led to her dismissal? Seems many here welcomed her change. How are we different with a 20 year vet….just not sure how long the process takes under CKH

Just after Brink blocked the shot she yelped in satisfaction with herself - you can clearly hear it - and then said something emphatically to RJ immediately, and right in her face. Then RJ barked back. Clear as day.

I am a semi-professional lip reader.

Brink starts it.

Then, let's see, RJ appears to say, "You fouled me you ditch"

Seems harmless enough...

Solid quote no doubt. Could we say the same was said for Holly? And I’m not a Holly fan but curious was that trusting the process or results/record that led to her dismissal? Seems many here welcomed her change. How are we different with a 20 year vet….just not sure how long the process takes under CKH

You didn't see improvement in Holly's teams and players actually seemed to regress. She had few answers at her press conferences and her frustration levels seemed to rub off on her team. I feel like she failed at the process even more than she failed at the results.

CKH improved the team her first 2 years and has final 4 talent this year. Until this year, her process seemed to work. Even losing Key, anything less than an Elite 8 is disappointing. Missing the ncaat would make me think an orderly change should be considered. That being said, CKH has my support 100% through the last game of our season. ... Then evaluate her body of work.

Last edited:
You didn't see improvement in Holly's teams and players actually seemed to regress. She had few answers at her press conferences and her frustration levels seemed to rub off on her team. I feel like she failed at the process even more than she failed at the results.

CKH improved the team her first 2 years and has final 4 talent this year. Until this year, her prices seemed to work. Even losing Key, anything less than an Elite 8 is disappointing. Missing the ncaat would make me think an orderly change should be considered. That being said, CKH has my support 100% through the last game of our season. ... Then evaluate her body of work.
Could always improve on E8, SS, E8, E8 in the first four years, the final 3 sure regressed no doubt from the first four years. I'm at the body of work as a career not just her time here. Not Hollys record but she was running the team once Pat's health went south while still HC.

Reactions: 37620VOL

I just watched a clip of that play. If Key blocks a shot with that much body contact, it is a foul and the announcers are going "yeah, she did not stay vertical, that play will always be called a foul" (except if it is a Brink at home).

Example 1: Stevie Wonder can see that Brink bumps RJ with body as she dribbles across the lane.

Part of me wishes Rickea had just gone ahead and knocked her teeth out. AmIwRoNg?

I really like Rickea’s competitive fire. We need players to play with that toughness. She could have used that to draw a crowd and kick it to an open player.

I really like Rickea’s competitive fire. We need players to play with that toughness. She could have used that to draw a crowd and kick it to an open player.

Happy Holidays y'all. With all the talk about Brink and the officiating, I wanted to share something with you that you did not see on the nationally televised broadcast. My wife and I sit on the 3rd. row near center court and witnessed the traditional end-of-game handshakes, fist bumps and high-fives between the Tennessee and Stanford players. When Brink saw RJ in the line she had a big smile on her face (so did RJ) and they had a huge hug. I doubt this will change any attitudes about Brink, but you should know that both players demonstrated their mutual respect for one another with that big hug.

Happy Holidays y'all. With all the talk about Brink and the officiating, I wanted to share something with you that you did not see on the nationally televised broadcast. My wife and I sit on the 3rd. row near center court and witnessed the traditional end-of-game handshakes, fist bumps and high-fives between the Tennessee and Stanford players. When Brink saw RJ in the line she had a big smile on her face (so did RJ) and they had a huge hug. I doubt this will change any attitudes about Brink, but you should know that both players demonstrated their mutual respect for one another with that big hug.
Thanks for sharing that @hook shot ! 🥲

Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back