Game Thread: Tennessee (13-7, 6-2 SEC) versus Missouri Tigers (11-10, 2-6 SEC) @ Food City Center, 2:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

Agree no for sure firing if Tennessee makes in NCAA tournament.
Could see her staying if they don't make it not as likely but she might make it.

Kellie's not getting fire over South Carolina game.
If that was the case
Tennessee volunteers football
38 Bulldogs Volunteers 10
November 18 2023

November 5 2022
Bulldogs 27 Volunteers 13

November 13 2021
Bulldogs 41 Volunteers17

Georgia is top dog Tennessee football needs to beat.
Going by must not lose by Twenty when Bulldogs won by Twenty-Eight.
Last time. Then a few more 20+ Georgia Bulldogs wins
Time to get a new coach.
If it's a measuring stick in women's basketball it should be in football.
As much as some hate to hear it performance has to at least to some degree be compared to Tennessee history in women's basketball. Not to the degree of what Pat Summitt did, but still should be in the top 15 teams in the country and doing better than we are currently doing against the best teams. Still should be able to win the SEC Championship some seasons. Were underacheiving Tennessee history and that is what is so frustrating to Tennessee fans.

Why you always comparing this to Football?

Compare Apples to Apples. Different sport different situation.
I watch football
Just do not want women's Basketball held to a higher standards than
Football or Men's basketball
With Football then Men's basketball then Lady Vols basketball
Being top THREE follow on Rocky top by fans in Tennessee.

Just think Tennessee Six national championships in football compare
Lady Vols Eight Championships
Puts those two in the same boat.

Know Pat won Eight.
Danny White put out a plan for sports.
Didn't see where Women's basketball should have highest standards of any sport.

I like the coach but if one team could get Lady Vols basketball coach fired.
It should go for the most fan followed sports on rocky top.
Like I said before got one brother who I went to a football game with .
Ask once was he watching lady Vols
He said just women's player ING.
Most just lady Vols in NCAA tournament.

I watch football
Just do not want women's Basketball held to a higher standards than
Football or Men's basketball
With Football then Men's basketball then Lady Vols basketball
Being top THREE follow on Rocky top by fans in Tennessee.

Just think Tennessee Six national championships in football compare
Lady Vols Eight Championships
Puts those two in the same boat.

Know Pat won Eight.
Danny White put out a plan for sports.
Didn't see where Women's basketball should have highest standards of any sport.

I like the coach but if one team could get Lady Vols basketball coach fired.
It should go for the most fan followed sports on rocky top.
Like I said before got one brother who I went to a football game with .
Ask once was he watching lady Vols
He said just women's player ING.
Lady Vols Basketball is held to high standards in Women's Basketball..

Tennessee Football is held to high standards in Football.

Last edited:
Lady Vols Basketball is held to high standards in Women's Basketball..

Tennessee Football is held to high stands in Football.
We’ve had a NC coach fired (Fulmer) for losing ground to programs we beat and not winning the games that matter consistently (UGA,FL & Bama.)

We have fans saying 3rd in the league and S16 is a success.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
I SAID before Georgia that Vanderbilt and Alabama are the way of Tennessee being 18 10 which put TENNESSEE in the NCAA tournament.
Without a SEC tournament game win more than likely.
With automatic bids teams might get in with a worse net ranking depending on who they upset to get bid. Tennessee volunteers 18 10 plus one SEC tournament win and loss gives Lady Vols 19 11 record for sure in.
18 11 gives the committee a chance to compare Tennessee vs the others Tennessee should get in more than likely but you never know depending on who they are comparing Tennessee to.

17 11 Tennessee will need to SEC Tournament wins to get in which a four seed gets Tennessee Gamecocks in South Carolina in the SECOND round SEC Tournament game meaning besides Tennessee NCAA tournament missing first time. It would hard for Kellie to stay .

Beat Vanderbilt Arkansas Texas A&M Alabama Tennesse 90%.
In the NCAA tournament.
And knoting off LSU or SC which LSU more likely to happen would be
Seed boost for Tennesse NCAA tournament.
Which I think Tennesse will finished 18 10 before SEC tournament
I think Sc is more likely to happen, since we play them twice.

Agree completely. We have to keep the home game close. In keeping with KJH rotten luck, we'll play the best team in the country at least twice, maybe three times counting the SEC tourney, right in the heart of NCAA tourney decision making time. Also that Kamilla will miss a couple of games (including UConn) but be back in time for us. If not for bad luck, Kellie would have no luck at all.
I’m all about winning, if Spear and Rickea can go off at the same time, we can beat any team in the country. But the rest of the team needs to know this, and get them the ball in the right spots.

There lies the the problem IF Spear and Jackson goes off , then yes can defeat anyone in country.

Also IF one of those two has a off night Lady Vols can lose to anyone in country.

Needs to be a more balanced offensive production than just those 2.

Also if "IFS" were fifths we all would stay drunk..

Reactions: Volfan2012
There lies the the problem IF Spear and Jackson goes off , then yes can defeat anyone in country.

Also IF one of those two has a off night Lady Vols can lose to anyone in country.

As long as the offense runs through them, I’m good with the results. 20 plus shots for each of them and work the rest out.

It’s last year with different names.

RJ and Horston….both on plus a few added points by Tess to hit 10+ we had a good chance. If RJ or Horston was off, then uphill climb. The last few weeks, it RJ and Spear…Puckett picking up the added points needed. If Spear or RJ has an off night, it’ll be an uphill climb.

Reactions: Deebowbear
As much as some hate to hear it performance has to at least to some degree be compared to Tennessee history in women's basketball. Not to the degree of what Pat Summitt did, but still should be in the top 15 teams in the country and doing better than we are currently doing against the best teams. Still should be able to win the SEC Championship some seasons. Were underacheiving Tennessee history and that is what is so frustrating to Tennessee fans.
We at least made it to the SEC Championship game just last year, after beating LSU (the eventual NCAA Champion).

I think Sc is more likely to happen, since we play them twice.
I could see Tennes see TTennessee beating one those in Knoxville SC LSU
Let's win the four first Vanderbilt Alabama Arkansas Texas A&M
Which Tennessee can do it with their A game.
. LSU Didn't we beat them in SEC Tournament last semi finaS?
With those four and wining one those South Carolina X2 LSU tigers is a possibility for this team if four or five score around Ten. And team locks in on defense. Win two those Three unlikely but it could happen.

Let's win the first four and not get blowout on rocky top.
Yes I think Tennessee could win one of those on Rocky top.
But it's going to take four or five players playing good.
And bench hold their own and giving away easyn points whil their in their. Keep scoree close while bench plays.

I think we have a few emergency scoring options. Sara and JP probably best of those Lately, all we've needed is for one of Rickea or Jewel to have a really good half and the other to hang around and be a looming threat. Then change roles.

I don't think we've seen the best of Rickea in a minute, except of course the first half last night. Her efficiency is down this year, she's missing easy shots she was making last year. I think she's in her head about that and about turnovers. Now that Jewel is drawing big defensive attention would be a good time to get that train back on track. Kellie said last night she thought Rickea was relieved to have someone help share the load. Maybe that'll help too, less pressure.

As long as the offense runs through them, I’m good with the results. 20 plus shots for each of them and work the rest out.
Exactly. Don't know if they'll get up 20 each, been getting about 30-35 btw them. Just get them as many as needed to get the job done.

I actually think that Spear is the most important person to touch the ball on offense other than when there is a clear assist to be made by Powell. Spear has it all on offense including great court awareness and tremendous assist to turnover ratio. Add to this her 3 Pont shooting and her ability to drive and penetrate, she more than anyone will keep defenses on their heels. She also has the calm demeanor to be in this role. Fear the Spear! ( I promise I'm not WC)

I actually think that Spear is the most important person to touch the ball on offense other than when there is a clear assist to be made by Powell. Spear has it all on offense including great court awareness and tremendous assist to turnover ratio. Add to this her 3 Pont shooting and her ability to drive and penetrate, she more than anyone will keep defenses on their heels. She also has the calm demeanor to be in this role. Fear the Spear! ( I promise I'm not WC)
It’s really remarkable how composed she is. I’m just so delighted to be able to watch her play for us!

I think we have a few emergency scoring options. Sara and JP probably best of those Lately, all we've needed is for one of Rickea or Jewel to have a really good half and the other to hang around and be a looming threat. Then change roles.

I don't think we've seen the best of Rickea in a minute, except of course the first half last night. Her efficiency is down this year, she's missing easy shots she was making last year. I think she's in her head about that and about turnovers. Now that Jewel is drawing big defensive attention would be a good time to get that train back on track. Kellie said last night she thought Rickea was relieved to have someone help share the load. Maybe that'll help too, less pressure.

Exactly. Don't know if they'll get up 20 each, been getting about 30-35 btw them. Just get them as many as needed to get the job done.
Key needs five to ten good passed ball to her for good looks at the basket.
All players need to know where teammates want the ball.

If Spear or RJ has an off night, it’ll be an uphill climb.
LOL well you can keep hoping!
It’s really remarkable how composed she is. I’m just so delighted to be able to watch her play for us!
I think this is a really composed team already. Rarely lose poise. But they just do it in a really stony-face, non emotional way. Never too high, never too low, next play. What Jewel brings is that joyfullness, a looseness that the others don't have. And she's able to do it in such an authenic, non annoying way.

Jewel physically reminds me a little of Kara Lawson, but having way more fun.

They should get them, some shots some of the others are taking can go to them, they should demand the ball. You have some players getting 25-30 shots per game, we can get 40 total by our 2 best players.

I’m just glad she’s putting it all together now, I’ve always knew the type of player she could be,

LOL well you can keep hoping!

I think this is a really composed team already. Rarely lose poise. But they just do it in a really stony-face, non emotional way. Never too high, never too low, next play. What Jewel brings is that joyfullness, a looseness that the others don't have. And she's able to do it in such an authenic, non annoying way.

Jewel physically reminds me a little of Kara Lawson, but having way more fun.
The team is composed but they do lack urgency when needed, the demeanor is always the same, I would like to see more passion when needed.

Reactions: coy moore

VN Store

Back