Game Thread: SEC: Lady Vols v Wildcats

She was not the answer when they hired her
I agree HORSTON and DAVIS are the only 2 players Pat would have recruited. Players like Burrell to selfish, Kk out of shape, Key too soft, and really doesn't know how to play basketball and use her great height, and Harris, Mccoy, and Rennie just not talented enough would not have been recruited by Pat.

I was pulling for Kellie but I just don't think she is the answer based on the chemistry that is apparent that we just don't have. In Pat era the only players that she would have on this team would be Horston and Davis. Man it hurts that this program has went to ****!

Let's be fair, Harper did not recruit this roster. These are Warlick players and I agree I don't think the roster as a whole is a classic Lady Vol roster. Warlick decimated this program. We basically get owned by any competent team and coach.

Now I didn't think Harper was a good hire either but they hired her. We have to hope she succeeds because if not get ready to give out 1,000 free tickets each game to draw a large crowd.

Last edited:
I was pulling for Kellie but I just don't think she is the answer based on the chemistry that is apparent that we just don't have. In Pat era the only players that she would have on this team would be Horston and Davis. Man it hurts that this program has went to ****!
This program is a lot like the UCLA men’s program. A lot of history but no recent success and They just don’t attract the top talent anymore. I don’t ever see this program being more than a middle tier SEC team again

Let's be fair, Harper did not recruit this roster. These are Warlick players and I agree I don't think the roster as a whole is not a classic Lady Vol roster. Warlick decimated this program. We basically get owned by any competent team and coach.

Now I didn't think Harper was a good hire either but they hired her. We have to hope she succeeds because if not get ready to give out 1,000 free tickets each game to draw a large crowd.
Agree, however, who has Harper recruited for next season that is going to make a difference. I don’t see a lot of top 50 players being recruited by Harper

I agree HORSTON and DAVIS are the only 2 players Pat would have recruited. Players like Burrell to selfish, Kk out of shape, Key too soft, and really doesn't know how to play basketball and use her great height, and Harris, Mccoy, and Rennie just not talented enough would not have been recruited by Pat.
Haven't seen enough of Emily to make a fair assessment

we need to revamp the roster next year. I will bring Key,Davis, Horston, and Rae back that’s it!

Can’t blame Kelli she didn’t bring these players in, she worked well with who she had. 20 wins is a huge accomplishment
20 wins against a very weak schedule. They didn’t beat any teams that they shouldn’t have beaten.

It is Kellie's job to develop these players. She has done a poor job of it. Horston should be far better than she is. Key should be much better. By this time of year things should be clicking for them.

And the team should look like it knows what it is doing.

Right now we look like we just piled out of a clown car.

Ya'll are such great evaluators of talent. Are we sure no one is going to get better next year? I know they didn't under the previous staff but I don't think we know that with KJH. Yet.

That said, it's only fair to add the lack of apparent development from November to March this season is not a hopeful sign.

we need to revamp the roster next year. I will bring Key,Davis, Horston, and Rae back that’s it!

Can’t blame Kelli she didn’t bring these players in, she worked well with who she had. 20 wins is a huge accomplishment
While not bad, certainly not a huge accomplishment. Our OOC schedule was woeful. A lot of no contest wins. The best team we beat this year was LSU. Right now they're ranked somewhere over #30.

This program is a lot like the UCLA men’s program. A lot of history but no recent success and They just don’t attract the top talent anymore. I don’t ever see this program being more than a middle tier SEC team again

UT will not return until they quit recruiting just athletes and get more basketball shooters and high IQ players. It’s been 20 years since we won with that system—and no 2007 and 2008 don’t count. That was a result of one of the greatest players of all time being on the roster. The identity has to change.

Guess the lady vols brand is dead. Thankful for our basketball team and football team making a comeback.

VN Store

Back