Game Thread Lady Vols vs UNCW

Congrats to Jordan Reynolds! She is now in the history books for a Lady Volunteer.

I'm happy for her. Anything to give her more confidence headed into her last SEC conference play.

Good job Jordan!:)

That was her career best for sure and best game since SEC Tourney when she was a freshman

Reactions: 2 people
Over the years, I've seen Tennessee players in a position to break records, but if the game was a blowout they would be pulled off to the bench. I've never seen the coach, whether Pat or Holly, keep them in there before to break the record, so yeah...I was surprised by that.
Not to mention we only had 3 guards on the roster tonight so of course she's basically going to have to play the whole game. Reynolds, Jackson and Middleton all played about 31 minutes tonight which will be the case no matter who we play. Basically just Reynolds and Middleton running the point guard position for us another reason Holly kept her in the game.

Lord she could have pulled her . You guys are never happy talk about how the opponent went to zone and we moved the ball and got great looks cutting moving passing .much better now let's bring on Kentucky . We need a good resume building win

Reactions: 5 people
What thread did you open? You know who they played. The men played Texas A&M tonight.

Volfan2012 kept posting the score for the TAMU game in this thread. Since I wasn't watching this game live and just checking in while watching other games I thought maybe that's who they were playing. I didn't realize the men's and women's games scores were being posted in this one thread.

When I noticed the discrepancy in posts about the score I figured I would ask.

Fire Mitchell.

Jordan, finally leaving the doghouse. You were stanking it up young lady, way to string together a couple nice games, let's keep it going.

Defense, rebounds and good guard play win championships.

Fire Holly. She suck! wuteva.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats to Jordan Reynolds! She is now in the history books for a Lady Volunteer.

I'm happy for her. Anything to give her more confidence headed into her last SEC conference play.

Good job Jordan!:)

EXACTLY. She had been in a slump and has started to string some better games together. You could tell it gave her and the whole team a lift when Meme's shot provided the 10th assist. And this was only the 3rd triple double in LV history, so, even against a weak opponent, it is a career moment.

It was fun to see.

Reactions: 3 people
Fire Mitchell.

Jordan, finally leaving the doghouse. You were stanking it up young lady, way to string together a couple nice games, let's keep it going.

Defense, rebounds and good guard play win championships.

A very small sample size, let us see what happens during SEC play. We still need to cleanup a few things. We need to stop having bad quarters, especially against lesser competition. We seemed very sluggish in the first half, which I contribute to the long layoff, but we did catch fire in the second half. By the way, I do realize that you were directing your comments toward the fire Holly crowd. I have to admit, wrong or right, that I am a member of that crowd. The real season is ahead of us, let's see how the season plays out.

Last edited:
I'll have to take your word for it. I still can't
access watch espn.

wtf

Gule what cable or dish company are you with ?

You can call ESPN Customer Care @ 1-888-549-3776 from 9AM -1AM and they will help you provided that your provider is an authorized carrier.

Last edited:
Gule I had to delete the Watchespn app and download it again from the app store before it worked. Maybe you should try that.

Over the years, I've seen Tennessee players in a position to break records, but if the game was a blowout they would be pulled off to the bench. I've never seen the coach, whether Pat or Holly, keep them in there before to break the record, so yeah...I was surprised by that.

"Over the years" was then. This is now. For the majority of years Pat was coaching the program didn't have to/need to grab ahold of such a moment in order to have something else positive to look to. They were never unranked, and never not considered a legitimate contender for the Final Four.

These days are different. This may be the highlight of Jordan Reynolds' career and her greatest memory as a Lady Vol. Let her have it.

IMO, it was one of the better coaching decisions Holly ever made to encourage her to get it. Besides, in truth, who else was there to put out there?

Reactions: 5 people
A very small sample size, let us see what happens during SEC play. We still need to cleanup a few things. We need to stop having bad quarters, especially against lesser competition. We seemed very sluggish in the first half, which I contribute to the long layoff, but we did catch fire in the second half. By the way, I do realize that you were directing your comments toward the fire Holly crowd. I have to admit, wrong or right, that I am a member of that crowd. The real season is ahead of us, let's see how the season plays out.

That slow start problem remains. UNCW were terribly overmatched and the LVs got away with a very lackluster defensive start through much of the 1st half. Had they had one of their off shooting nights (and Russel not a 6 to 7 advantage over other posts), the LVs could have easily trailed in the first half. The bright spot is that Diamond will be back. Without her, the team is missing offensive options and some ability to press defensively.

I have been very quite the last month or so, just taking in all the negative and positives post from vol nation. SEC play starts Sunday, and as all of us know the physicality of SEC play is unmatched in any other conference!! You may laugh but NUNN will be the key to our season because she will bring that physicality and toughness we need in the paint to play against SC, MSST and the other SEC teams with good post players. She doesn't have any vertical but she is a wide body that gets after it. If we have to play Harris any significant amount of minutes we will be in trouble. I don't understand for the life of me why this young lady didn't get 15 minutes of playing time these last two games to help her development!!! What a waist, my grandma could have played against these last two opponents!! lol!! The reporters during the press conferences should be asking Coach Warlick these types of questions they are absolutely horrible. Last comment, all of the teams we play in the conference are beatable because like TN they all struggle with three point shooting which will keep all the games in the 60-50 range. Point guard play, post and defense will decide the SEC Championship this year.

I have been very quite the last month or so, just taking in all the negative and positives post from vol nation. SEC play starts Sunday, and as all of us know the physicality of SEC play is unmatched in any other conference!! You may laugh but NUNN will be the key to our season because she will bring that physicality and toughness we need in the paint to play against SC, MSST and the other SEC teams with good post players. She doesn't have any vertical but she is a wide body that gets after it. If we have to play Harris any significant amount of minutes we will be in trouble. I don't understand for the life of me why this young lady didn't get 15 minutes of playing time these last two games to help her development!!! What a waist, my grandma could have played against these last two opponents!! lol!! The reporters during the press conferences should be asking Coach Warlick these types of questions they are absolutely horrible. Last comment, all of the teams we play in the conference are beatable because like TN they all struggle with three point shooting which will keep all the games in the 60-50 range. Point guard play, post and defense will decide the SEC Championship this year.

Okay, a lot of complaints are floating about Harris, just like they did about Meme last season. Jackson was not ready for prime time last season; worked hard in the off season and is not becoming a significant contributor. Harris is less polished and prepared for SEC competition than Jackson had been. If Harris is key to the LV's season, then this season is toast. You can readily see how uncomfortable Harris looks. I agree with about Nunn. She has improved as the season has gone one but may have a dip in performance for the first few SEC games (as Draya predicted last night). Nunn is still adapting to a faster and more athletic style of play but I think she will be a decent contributor by march.

Last edited:
Andraya is really a very nice commentator, very well spoken and erudite.

Andraya, in my opinion, is as good a commentator in these first games she's ever done it than many I've heard who've been doing it for many years. She's a natural, and I think she has the potential to rise in the ranks fairly quickly if the right people are paying attention.

Reactions: 2 people

Hi,

Do you realize you post 'Fire Holly' more than anyone else?

Something to think about with your failed attempts at reverse psychology. Beware that if you keep putting that into the atmosphere, it may come back and bite you : ) Happy New Year!

Reactions: 4 people
Okay, a lot of complaints are floating about Harris, just like they did about Meme last season. Jackson was not ready for prime time last season; worked hard in the off season and is not becoming a significant contributor. Harris is more unpolished and ready for SEC competition than Jackson had been. If Harris is key to the LV's season, then this season is toast. You can readily see how uncomfortable Harris looks. I agree with about Nunn. She has improved as the season has gone one but may have a dip in performance for the first few SEC games (as Draya predicted last night). Nunn is still adapting to a faster and more athletic style of play but I think she will be a decent contributor by march.

I have watched three games in person this year.
It enables me to not only see what tv and internet viewers see, but what they don't see as well. Fan reactions. Bench reactions. How the team does during timeouts. How the coaches do in timeouts, . . Many things.

When I have an athlete that wants to play,
she will SHOW IT somehow!!!

There is a reason this girl is getting no minutes:
...Level of play...coachability...level of professionalism when in practice...Injury that I don't know about...Etc>>>>>>>

There is a reason that this girl didn't get "obvious minutes".

And you can't compare her to Meme. Meme is lightyears more gifted physically. All it took to get Meme going was the right words.

Not to beat a dead horse, Harris is not ready. She plays out of position, has not learned how to block out and the physicality required at the D1 level. She will need to work hard in the summer. She has the wide body but needs to be coached up. She, like Russell, is in need of both speed and weight training. I believe the potential is there, if she works her ass off, next year we could have a beast.

Most bigs have issues when they go to the WNBA, remember Griner's first year, because they have been improperly coached in high school and college. I can't think of the name of the Texas big that played for Chicago, but the only thing she had going for her was height until she was coached up. I know Holly is committed to Dean, but he, from what I see, is not a very good bigs coach. Many of Russell's issues are the result of improper training. I know she has played well during the pre SEC season, but she should be in control of the paint no matter who we play. She should be aggresive 24/7 consistently on both ends of the court.

I have watched three games in person this year.
It enables me to not only see what tv and internet viewers see, but what they don't see as well. Fan reactions. Bench reactions. How the team does during timeouts. How the coaches do in timeouts, . . Many things.

When I have an athlete that wants to play,
she will SHOW IT somehow!!!

There is a reason this girl is getting no minutes:
...Level of play...coachability...level of professionalism when in practice...Injury that I don't know about...Etc>>>>>>>

There is a reason that this girl didn't get "obvious minutes".

And you can't compare her to Meme. Meme is lightyears more gifted physically. All it took to get Meme going was the right words.

Were you at the game last night? Missed a lot of the 1st qtr...picked up wrong tickets and went back tomget the right ones. But....the 2nd qtr was awful, glad they came to life after half time.

And VOLNATION... maybe you know this, we didn't. If you forget or lose your tickets, they can print them out for you at the game; I'm sure some kind of ID would be required, but the gatekeeper told us this when we came in late. So....if you get the wrong tickets:)blush:) just go on and do it there. Will still be quicker than turning around half way there to go get them.

Were you at the game last night? Missed a lot of the 1st qtr...picked up wrong tickets and went back tomget the right ones. But....the 2nd qtr was awful, glad they came to life after half time.

And VOLNATION... maybe you know this, we didn't. If you forget or lose your tickets, they can print them out for you at the game; I'm sure some kind of ID would be required, but the gatekeeper told us this when we came in late. So....if you get the wrong tickets:)blush:) just go on and do it there. Will still be quicker than turning around half way there to go get them.

MY daughter was visiting from college. We sat one section to your left, middle and on row four. I looked for you through the first qtr. I wish you could meet Hannah. She is my gift to the world... An only child, with a hundred sisters.

Truly the second qtr was a waste of time. But the girls are righting themselves quicker and getting back up from punches in a much more composed way. They come back from halftime thinking about how they need to play instead of how they just played.

I think Shaqui will show why she is here against KY. She can't jump but she has the ability to find a mean streak we aint seen here yet. We are gonna need her to be imposing.

Be like:
"If you come into my paint, you're not gonna enjoy it"

Okay, a lot of complaints are floating about Harris, just like they did about Meme last season. Jackson was not ready for prime time last season; worked hard in the off season and is not becoming a significant contributor. Harris is more unpolished and ready for SEC competition than Jackson had been. If Harris is key to the LV's season, then this season is toast. You can readily see how uncomfortable Harris looks. I agree with about Nunn. She has improved as the season has gone one but may have a dip in performance for the first few SEC games (as Draya predicted last night). Nunn is still adapting to a faster and more athletic style of play but I think she will be a decent contributor by march.

Not to beat a dead horse, Harris is not ready. She plays out of position, has not learned how to block out and the physicality required at the D1 level. She will need to work hard in the summer. She has the wide body but needs to be coached up. She, like Russell, is in need of both speed and weight training. I believe the potential is there, if she works her ass off, next year we could have a beast.

Most bigs have issues when they go to the WNBA, remember Griner's first year, because they have been improperly coached in high school and college. I can't think of the name of the Texas big that played for Chicago, but the only thing she had going for her was height until she was coached up. I know Holly is committed to Dean, but he, from what I see, is not a very good bigs coach. Many of Russell's issues are the result of improper training. I know she has played well during the pre SEC season, but she should be in control of the paint no matter who we play. She should be aggresive 24/7 consistently on both ends of the court.

No one's expecting Kamera to play significant minutes against a team like Texas or Baylor, but this was a team that was ranked around #230 in the RPI rankings that Tennessee beat by 35+ points, and Kamera played the last 4 minutes. If she's not good enough to play against a weak team like this, then what was the point of recruiting her?

If you don't develop your bench during the non-conference cupcake portion of your schedule, then you might as well just redshirt the players, because you won't be playing them once conference play begins. During last year's Syracuse game, MeMe probably could have given some positive minutes to compensate for Andraya's injury, but she was never developed during the season. Same with Nia Moore to help out with Bashaara's injury, and Nia wasn't developed over 4 years. It's great to get chemistry with your main 5-6 players, but as we've seen like every year for the past 6 years, there is a huge risk (and maybe likelihood) that someone is going to get hurt, and the over reliance on the starters and lack of development of the bench players just means another March with the "If so-and-so wasn't injured, we would have made the Final Four :angry:" excuse.

Teach, are you talking about Imani Boyette? She didn't have much of an offensive game, but she was a very good defensive player in college and found her role pretty quickly in the WNBA.

Hi,

Do you realize you post 'Fire Holly' more than anyone else?

Something to think about with your failed attempts at reverse psychology. Beware that if you keep putting that into the atmosphere, it may come back and bite you : ) Happy New Year!

Holly ain't go nowhere. Lady Vol 4 life.

Fire Holly! Pretty much means you suck!

And Happy New Years Eve!

Fire Holly! Fire Law. Fire Dean. Fire Fans!

And I want to make sure that, when we the Lady Vols and Holly has success, you all eat crow. dat part!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back