Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stetson

She has a 1.19 for the entire season I know she shoots layups for most of her points but for the shots she is taking she has been efficient. She isn't overshooting like the other freshmen without results.

I like Collins but the problem is she that she is not a real post threat on the offensive end becasue she dont have the lift to deal with the top teams post players, So playing her at the the 4 and 5 against teams like last night will work but not thee top teams.

I like Collins but the problem is she that she is not a real post threat on the offensive end becasue she dont have the lift to deal with the top teams post players, So playing her at the the 4 and 5 against teams like last night will work but not thee top teams.
She is a good fill in for Green or other post players while they take a few minutes rest. She was better than usual last night 7 points and 7 rebounds and her defense on the perimeter did cause them some problems getting into an offense. I think her role will be physical board player that can get an offensive rebound or two. She is not going to be a super star player she is a blue collar worker and she fits into that role very well.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
She is a good fill in for Green or other post players while they take a few minutes rest. She was better than usual last night 7 points and 7 rebounds and her defense on the perimeter did cause them some problems getting into an offense. I think her role will be physical board player that can get an offensive rebound or two. She is not going to be a super star player she is a blue collar worker and she fits into that role very well.

I've said it before but you can see Anosikie in some of these young players. The way she was playing perimeter defense, moving her feet AND her arms gave me flashbacks.

Holly does this alot...
giphy.gif
Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Really has a limited game plan. If something doesn't work for her, she does this alot.

We were playing zone against Stetson tho, the effort and intensity wasn't there.

That effort is unacceptable. Im glad the young team pulled it out, but mane that was ugly.

Zone defense against Stetson, see that vollettes, not a Lady Vols performance.

Holly, you should have stopped that days leading up to the game, we had two poor practices. Holly, we want to see Lady Vols basketball, that's it.

I am trying to remind myself to be patient with this temperamental young team. Stetson came ready to play, the vollettes didn't.

Vollettes, I thought that era was over, that energy, effort and pride doesn't reflect Lady Vols basketball. Holly, what's up. I don't want hear about resiliency, I want to see Consistency.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

She (Mimi) is a good fill in for Green or other post players while they take a few minutes rest. She was better than usual last night 7 points and 7 rebounds and her defense on the perimeter did cause them some problems getting into an offense. I think her role will be physical board player that can get an offensive rebound or two. She is not going to be a super star player she is a blue collar worker and she fits into that role very well.

I'm hoping we can get a few useful minutes out of Harris as well...inside defense, a few blocks, a few offensive RB's and putbacks, and just a change to force the other team to adapt.

I'm hoping we can get a few useful minutes out of Harris as well...inside defense, a few blocks, a few offensive RB's and putbacks, and just a change to force the other team to adapt.

That requires her to be more aggressive though. She knows she's not going to play many minutes so I don't understand why she is so timid when she's in there. Even if it is a foul I'd like to see her try to send the ball to the third row when other team's guards penetrate. Even if you don't get the clean block you send a message. Come in OUR paint at your own risk.

Reactions: mlindsay
Davis: defense needs improvement, idk if she was just laced because it was Stetson but she got beat several times, in the post she lost the ball a couple times as well. She needs to be stronger with the ball. I guess we have to keep in mind she’s always played on the wing. And yes like someone else said she needs to play with a little more urgency. Without her scoring we would have lost this game.
Westbrook: my POG, in the 3rd quarter she regrouped the Troops and took it upon herself to chip away at deficit. Her drives to the hoops and pull ups, assists were key.
She needs to really work on her left hand and dribbling, better teams in the country will amp up the D and as good as she sees the floor her handling ability will need to be better.
I love her leadership and can we give the girl some kudos for making all of her free throws!
London: she was somewhat nonexistent this game. Kind of disappointed. She is mobile and agile for a big. I feel like we need to some things through her (few plays). Maybe throw the ball downlow 2-3 times in the game and see how she works it.
Zay: Love her on ball pressure and energy, her shooting is pretty bad but I feel like she will get her stroke going so let her keep shooting! Although I’d rather her take it to the hole. She has a pretty decent handle compared to Evina.
Meme: tries to go for the flash too much, her defense was great in the 2nd half.

We got beat a lot of times in the game, for overplaying and they ran back doors, with no secondary help. This cannot happen against Texas and Stanford.

well this performance was all my fault and I'm here to take the blame

I should have never said steamrolled in my post to begin with,I knew better :)

they have to figure out how to start a game consistently,waiting till the 3rd quarter to start playing hard isn't going to cut it against better teams

i did love me some Collins,I thought she played a good 2nd half for sure,we do need a good to great post player,that is what is missing with this team,of course KK is still out,has anybody heard if she will be ready to go this weekend ?

they have to figure out how to start a game consistently,waiting till the 3rd quarter to start playing hard isn't going to cut it against better teams

i did love me some Collins,I thought she played a good 2nd half for sure,we do need a good to great post player,that is what is missing with this team,of course KK is still out,has anybody heard if she will be ready to go this weekend ?

I can't let you shoulder all the blame. I was asleep when the game was played. I can't help but think that, had I been awake, I could have cheered them on and they would have played better. My bad. Sorry.

Wish I could have seen it...Kept getting error messages and was too late to find it at a restaurant/bar.
Sigh

Holly did an excellent halftime adjustment in this game. The Lady Vols outscored Stetson 43-17 in the second half. I believe the first half discrepancy was due to the inexperience of a young team.

I would agree, if an attempt to "coach" had been made....Nearly a quarter without a field goal, no timeouts taken until it was forced, No adjustments in the first half.... I will not put the blame on the kids until I know the grownup isn't at fault

VN Store

Back