Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stetson

I agree ... ugly...but I think we needed to win an ugly game.
To prove we can.
That is something that is essential for growth.

The key here is "growth"
Growth, however, comes from not duplicating and correcting in these opportunities.
Something we didn't do in the past few seasons.

It's your turn coach

This stand around offense is horrible. Players have come and gone and they are still playing like this. And they want to start playing UConn again.

Alabama played better against Stetson. I am glad we won but Holly’s coaching scares the hell out of me. She has no business trying to match wits with Geno. 5 stars should never look this bad against 1 stars and no stars.

Good comeback, terrible game. Still want Holly fired. Think we have a shot against Stanford who is also pretty bad this year. If Texas isnt a loss I'd be shocked.

Reactions: swamprat#10
Thus far the freshmen have been underwhelming shooting the ball. I don't think any of them are shooting 40 percent and no one on the team could shoot it tonight. We won by getting to the line. Davis only player shooting 50 percent or higher 5 of 15 except for Green 2 of 2. Evina 5 of 15 but she was 9 of 9 from the free throw line. Zaay 2 of 9 so she is down to about 30 percent for the year.

I consider it acceptably efficient if a player has at least as many points as shots taken. I'm good with their points per shot.

Just woke up and saw the score. Read VolNation to see if I could learn what happened. When that didn’t work, decided to just wait for the wire service summary.

Reactions: VollyParton
Wow, sounds like they played poorly which really empowered the Negas in this forum. I remember having bad days at the office. Not so much anymore now that I have experience. Not fun to go through though. Should be an event that makes them stronger. Glad to see them solve some things and come back to avoid an embarrassing loss.

Rennia, where can you player her? So disappointed in her play, jogging, loafing, most of the game, no aggression, she can't guard anyone on the perimeter, or she won't defend, she has to play in the post.

Rennia, that effort was the worse and u still got rewared with 24 points. SMH. And she wants to be mentioned in same breath as Gordon, McCray, Holdslaw, Catching and Parker etc. Wuteva? Y

Rennia, let's see you play hard on both sides of the ball 40 minutes. Defend and Rebound, keep any player in front of you. See to play lady vols defense it takes heart. Where is your pride young lady?

Let'ssee whatchu got otherwise you look average ma...vs. Stetson.

Davis looks like, she's in physical pain playing, running up and down the court, it looks like it hurts her so much to run. I don't see a smooth player, I see a player labors up and down courts. Hopefully, she plays better defensively....

Wow that was ugly. All the ugliness of young team with poor leadership. A win. Ugh.

Thanks Mimi and Evina, Kamera.

Can we play like we like playing basketball the next game?

Last edited:
Holly did an excellent halftime adjustment in this game. The Lady Vols outscored Stetson 43-17 in the second half. I believe the first half discrepancy was due to the inexperience of a young team.

Holly did not do any excellent adjustment. She's not supposed to be down at home with a division 7 team in the first place, what a shame.

Reactions: Putbacks and olddog
The joys of a young team led by sophomores. Meme wuteva senior. Tasha Butts go watch video.

VN Store

Back