Game Thread Lady Vols vs South Carolina

if we give dd her ticket out as some would suggest, jasmine j gives it up, graves and moore graduate, and kd finally has had enough, and oh yeah no newbies, where do the ladies finish in the sec next year?

That is why she can't lose Diamond. Holly loses Diamond she might as well go ahead and hand in her notice because it will be all but over.

if we give dd her ticket out as some would suggest, jasmine j gives it up, graves and moore graduate, and kd finally has had enough, and oh yeah no newbies, where do the ladies finish in the sec next year?

Bottom rung on the ladder with Holly apologists still hanging on. :) I am enjoying the rationalizations though. So there's that.

Reactions: 1 person
She's not good, she's great! If you saw her at UNC, you'd see how easy it came to her. She took over games and had teammates that complemented her very well. Yeah, she still had that attitude and sometimes that made me not like her too much, but I can't overlook that she's an awesome player, in the right atmosphere.

Actually, if you take a look at DD's UNC stats against ranked opponents, it's not all that different than what she is showing us today. Some great games, some with low shooting percentage and high TOs.

Bottom rung on the ladder with Holly apologists still hanging on. :) I am enjoying the rationalizations though. So there's that.

I'm enjoying the Make Believe expert coaching expertise of Holly's critics! My co-workers and I get a good laugh every afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Diamond doesn't make the players around her better, and now she realize the players around her are really not that good, which applies even mo pressure on her to do too much.

Russell, nice game last nite. You out played Coates. Nice job. You should be solid next year. Russell thank you for at least showing up most games, still soft but another off season, you should be an All American, SEC performer, mite make 2nd team this year, wish you had better guards and wings to play wit you, now let's start playing taller and rebounding out of position. Jasmine Jones injury exposed so much.

Every one else, average players at best, our team is not confident. They mite have been high school All Americans in high school, who? yeah right. Our team is not that good, maybe cos our players are simply not that gud. :)

We can only go up from here, the Lady Vols out of the Top 25, we've seen the fall of Duke men, Duke Women...my times are a changin. I back Pat and roll with Holly!

She's not good, she's great! If you saw her at UNC, you'd see how easy it came to her. She took over games and had teammates that complemented her very well. Yeah, she still had that attitude and sometimes that made me not like her too much, but I can't overlook that she's an awesome player, in the right atmosphere.

She certainly did take over games there. Why receive a transfer, if you can't use her skills?

they did play some pretty good basket ball for 3 Quarters and then the bad one started in the 4th quarter,why they can't play 4 solid quarters i don't know,it was another game they should of,could of won

again,with all the turn overs,the unforced ones will drive me crazy and then throw in the dumb pass into the other teams players hands,which is usaully into the paint,I know CHW isn't telling them to do that,no way

Russell had another solid game,which is good news

Dunbar didn't get to play till it was late in the 4th Quarter and they thought she would hit a shot right off the bat,she needs to at least run up and down the court a few times to get loosened up,or get a few minutes in each half anyway,just in case the 3pt shooting is needed late in the game

Cooper either is in the Freshmen slump or her confidence is down for some reason,but at least she isn't afraid to jack a shot up :)

no Middleton again

I don't know why DeShields is having so many problems with turning over the ball,it would be great if she would get over this problem

If she was playing to the level of everyone's expectation and her own, I doubt we would be having this conversations, but don't make it seem like she is being playing good basketball most of the season, not to her quote level, that's not true. We have tempered our expectation but she has not being playing All American ball, most of the time, the opposing team star player is the best player on the court, at least wit Izzy. We had sum one to punch back, none of our guards punch back.

I wish her well. I wish her much success. She was suppose to be the be all to be all.
And I haven't seen it. I've seen glimpses of that player. Sorry, Freshman of the Year, last year, what have you done for us lately. Nobody is doing anything we can talk about but Russell. The only bright spot and I like the grey uniforms.

I saw Cierra, Izzy, Ariel on the bench, I was my heart saddened cos I would take those three playing with russell and Cooper and we're a final four team.

Guard play separate good teams, from Championships, all the top guards are going other places. You can't get away with one good guard now, you need three. Otherwise you will struggle, and we are struggling against teams with better guards, simply as that.

When we see our guards playing good ball, you see better results. Shooting is misleading for the guards, show the shooting percentage of our guards in the games we lost, and how many shot attempts. Nonaggressive, passive Queens and we have a team full.

Elzy, what's going on?

they did play some pretty good basket ball for 3 Quarters and then the bad one started in the 4th quarter,why they can't play 4 solid quarters i don't know,it was another game they should of,could of won

again,with all the turn overs,the unforced ones will drive me crazy and then throw in the dumb pass into the other teams players hands,which is usaully into the paint,I know CHW isn't telling them to do that,no way

Dunbar didn't get to play till it was late in the 4th Quarter and they thought she would hit a shot right off the bat,she needs to at least run up and down the court a few times to get loosened up,or get a few minutes in each half anyway,just in case the 3pt shooting is needed late in the game

Cooper either is in the Freshmen slump or her confidence is down for some reason,but at least she isn't afraid to jack a shot up :)

no Middleton again

I don't know why DeShields is having so many problems with turning over the ball,it would be great if she would get over this problem

Da Pressure of being a star player at one the premier Women's Basketball program, and pressure of having to perform like an All American every nite and the pressure of feeling like she has to restore the Lady Vols to greatness, some people can handle that, Parker did when she got guards she could play wit.

At UNC that was ok, but we are not UNC, We are the Lady Vols, the expectations, the demands are different, and it takes players with the right mindset to embrace those expectations, this team hasn't embrace it, and right now it swallowing all of them whole besides Russell.

Last edited:
Then, if they make a mistake, dey prolly feel like all the eyes on on them, all the fans, we remember all the bad shots, lack of jumping for rebound, turnovers, facial expression recognition, body language recognition, now ladies have to do endure this for another week, the bashing, the posting all over social media, newspaper, all everyone wants talk about. This has to be hard on the Ladies, but I still don't remember a Lady Vols team that, that played this poorly, this consistent, and from so many different players.

Can we ease up, and find a some positives, our ladies need that more than anything,...
but our guard and wing play, defense, rebounding, and toughness sucks.

Holly, Team, Parents, Fans, we got some work to do, that's all.

Last edited:

no Middleton again

Middleton was wearing a boot is why she didn't play.

she still had it on ? I know it was an ankle injury that has kept her out,shouldn't the boot be off if it wasn't anything major ?

so that would be around a week or so since she injured it then,they may be having her keep it on to be safe,hopefully she will heal up pretty quick

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back