Game Thread Lady Vols vs LSU

Just read the post game quotes. Ughhh! It is obvious one coach gets it and one doesn't. How many times do we have to hear, "we'll get better." before it finally happens?

:ermm:

1. Nikki Caldwell (should have been the hire to begin with)
2. Jeff Walz

Those are the exact two I had in mind. But there is no assurance that either would be an improvement.

Caldwell was great at UCLA and was instrumental in us winning our last title. But I would be concerned how she handles being a single mom. Her teams and recruiting at LSU have been a bit of a disappointment thus far --- at least until tonight I guess. But she runs our system and has lesser players executing it better apparently. She would cause the least disruption and would hopefully be an upgrade in place.

But rather than either of those two it might be better to hire the equivalent of an offensive coordinator to come in and revamp the offense from the ground up. You could possibly get someone with a UConn background. We have had the same problems on offense forever so we need to fundamentally rethink how we are doing certain things.

Or, if you really wanted to think out of the box, I understand that Bruce Pearl is still available :)

But keep in mind we are playing better than the last teams Pat put on the floor. We have improved so it may be a bit premature to start talking about replacements. We could very easily find ourselves going backwards.

Basketball is as much chemistry as it is talent. Last year's team had more of the former and less of the latter. But it takes both to win at the level we wish to win at.

And? i didn't even say anything about the outcome of it depending sorely on where it's been played i was only informing Cards502 on the correct place the game will be in.

Sorry. Your right.
Hey, its late and, well, I'm a Vol fan. Been a tough year.

Speaking of UConn, if we are picking qualities we want I also want their killer instinct--the ability to put their foot on the opponents neck and curb stomp them into an oblivion.

Reactions: 2 people
Good gosh, last year Holly is COY, and already this year she's getting kicked to the curb. Relax people, this loss doesn't make the season, let it play out. As Holly says, we will get better, the girls need a little fire lit under them sometimes.

Pretending you're going to poke the defenders eye out is always a good idea.

She was calling a play doofus. A reporter sitting right there said there was no contact made anyway. You really believe that ref told Holly to sit Meighan or he'd T them both up? That would be a one way ticket to never officiating another game.

Reactions: 2 people
She was calling a play doofus. A reporter sitting right there said there was no contact made anyway. You really believe that ref told Holly to sit Meighan or he'd T them both up? That would be a one way ticket to never officiating another game.
Relax and tune up your sarcasm meter. I know the ref didn't tell Holly that. I was just responding to the comments questioning why the Ts were issued, as though Simmons and Holly did nothing wrong to get them.

And OK, I'll revise my comment to say it's not a good idea to call a play an inch from a defender's face, although she might have wanted LSU to be saw what the play was going to be. (FYI, more sarcasm).

And thanks for reviving the word doofus. Haven't heard that one in a long time. You must be an old person. (Even more sarcasm).:)

Wow so we lost to Lsu and now everyone is freaking out. Yes we should have won the game but it's not like it's the end of the world. Yes Louisville beat the crap out of LSU no doubt about that but unlike Louisville every team Tennessee plays gets up to play TN. Why? Cause we are the mecca of woman's college basketball!

Read your own words and really think about 'um. And add, we are 1&2 in our last three. Yes we beat Lipscomb,:eek:lol:
The other two were ranked teams. We won't be, soon.
We are a very poorly coached team with GREAT players.
I don't know 'bout you, but I've been watching/following LV BB for almost thirty years ( I know, I arrived late ) and I guess I'm just seeing some writing on the wall that you and others aren't.
You think Fulmer got a bad deal don't ya?

Just read them and I still believe exactly what I wrote! No I have not been watching the LV's for thirty years but the last 25 years and I can tell you this much the LV's didn't go undefeated for all them years, so once again we lose 2 games so far and everyone is crying about how terrible a coach HW is. Pat Summit said it best you can't coach effort and for most of the game that is what we lacked plain and simple. No effort on the boards first half, horrible defense from our players, and no team chemistry except for the last 6 mins. Yes I am upset with the team as you all are, but I'm not going to take it out on the coach when this is only the second loss of the season and her second year in coaching. I do remember the 96-97 season we lost 10 games and still won the NC, so everyone quit freaking out and support our team. Also what does Fulmer have to do with the LV's you wise a$$

The problem with this team now and going forward will be coming out with energy and limiting their turnovers. I really don't understand why Holly could not make an adjustment to stop Ballard from driving to the basket and making layups. Holly talked about how much time we spent on our defense and we come out and play like we did last night. If you know how to play defense you don't forget how at least I would think that once you understand the concepts you can make them work against anybody. The blame for this loss has to be on the coaches for not having the team ready to play. We now have to hope we can find the energy to play on the road Georgia is a must win if we start out 0 and 2 will be really tough to come back and contend for the title.

The problem with this team now and going forward will be coming out with energy and limiting their turnovers. I really don't understand why Holly could not make an adjustment to stop Ballard from driving to the basket and making layups. Holly talked about how much time we spent on our defense and we come out and play like we did last night. If you know how to play defense you don't forget how at least I would think that once you understand the concepts you can make them work against anybody. The blame for this loss has to be on the coaches for not having the team ready to play. We now have to hope we can find the energy to play on the road Georgia is a must win if we start out 0 and 2 will be really tough to come back and contend for the title.

This x100. Georgia game is now must win for both squads. Somebody will be 0-2 in Athens on Sunday afternoon.

Relax and tune up your sarcasm meter. I know the ref didn't tell Holly that. I was just responding to the comments questioning why the Ts were issued, as though Simmons and Holly did nothing wrong to get them.

And OK, I'll revise my comment to say it's not a good idea to call a play an inch from a defender's face, although she might have wanted LSU to be saw what the play was going to be. (FYI, more sarcasm).

And thanks for reviving the word doofus. Haven't heard that one in a long time. You must be an old person. (Even more sarcasm).:)

Haha, you got me and made me laugh. I'm not usually a doofus on not picking up sarcasm. Lol. (And I'm not that old) :)

We are not a well-coached team--that's all that can be said. The team never plays well against good opponents. Mediocre defense, shaky offense. Opposing players have career highs. We fall apart. We've been totally outcoached in the second half--the spread the ball on offense and their quick guards beat our defense, while their matchup zone has befuddled us on offense--we don't know what to do.

we always leave the opponents 3 point shooters wide open, ours are always contested shots. sorry defense and poor coaching staff.
since our athletic director cares nothing about women's sports(ie our volley ball team, and tennis team) it looks like we are stuck with what we have

Good gosh, last year Holly is COY, and already this year she's getting kicked to the curb. Relax people, this loss doesn't make the season, let it play out. As Holly says, we will get better, the girls need a little fire lit under them sometimes.

Who lights those fires ?

VN Store

Back