Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

going into her senior year in HS measure height was 6-6 per the coach now could close to 6-7

Speaking of Jessie, aside from a couple of errant passes, last night I really liked what I saw out of her. She seems to understand what she's supposed to be doing at all times and takes care of the ball. Now that the scoring monkey is off her back, I look for Rennie to come on strong sooner rather than later. She looks mature out there, IMO.

I really like when we go small seems to be our most productive team. Davis, Green, Horston, Massengill or Burrell, and Key. Brown still has that brace on and it really hampers her movement. Most of the other bigs KK, Saunders, and McCoy are players only set for the half court offense not much out of them in the running game.

I really like when we go small seems to be our most productive team. Davis, Green, Horston, Massengill or Burrell, and Key. Brown still has that brace on and it really hampers her movement. Most of the other bigs KK, Saunders, and McCoy are players only set for the half court offense not much out of them in the running game.

There are better options than Massengill. She needs to establish a role for herself on the team...otherwise, she might be an afterthought by March.

There are better options than Massengill. She needs to establish a role for herself on the team...otherwise, she might be an afterthought by March.
I thought she started that role last night pass, defend don't shoot. She did a very good job of defending and distributing.

On this team? Who? She is going to be important as the #2 PG. I saw positives last night in her ball handling, defending, and passing. She made one or two TO when she caught in an indecisive moment but I think Kellie can work with her and redress that kind of problem.

Barring some kind of set-up, this team be Horston's to run but she will need help from Jazz.

That`s a very good lineup very good.

That`s a very good lineup very good.
I agree except for Massengill. Don't think she brings much offensely, can't shoot and gets out of control. Burrell can also get a bit wild sometimes but she can shoot better.

And far quicker and more mobile than Russell.

More mobile yes. When you watch closely though, you will see her reaction time and reflexes are little slow. I worry that she is going to be in constant foul trouble this season unless she learns not to reach. Reaction time can be improved over time but in the short run, she and the staff will have work around this limitation.

Kamara Harris is going to be an All-American!!!!!
She just may be.
She has the most to play for...her whole career here is one of of an era of unreached expectations and goals for UT.
She has one more year to show why she was invited. And more importantly, kept on a roster that top kids were still fighting to get on.
Harris moves better this year than I have seen her move yet.

Will she finally cut loose?

More mobile yes. When you watch closely though, you will see her reaction time and reflexes are little slow. I worry that she is going to be in constant foul trouble this season unless she learns not to reach. Reaction time can be improved over time but in the short run, she and the staff will have work around this limitation.

Remember McCowan when she first got to MSU you knew she had talent, she was big, and she was imposing but she wasn’t as timely as she was by the time she left. She showed you the glimmers but her foot movement improved and that made her timing improve. Not saying she will reach her level but she has bounds of potential and she already seals off her defenders to where she is the only one to get the ball better than Russell. Hopefully the perimeter defense will be better and not put their center in so many exposed situations.

VN Store

Back