Game Thread Lady Vols vs Carson Newman exhibition game

I like Westbrook at SG better than point. Let massingle have the point. They have a good vibe and Evina is a scorer.

I do like them on the court together too.

I like Westbrook at the point, just don't like her production or efficiency at the point.

If your a guard or wing nowadays you shouldn't have to move or change position and it won't make any difference, especially in (position less basketball) motion offense, 3/2, 4/1 and 5/0 either your productive or efficient or your not. Notre Dame no point guard, but had solid guard play!

Westbrook leadership has probably improved, but I'm looking for a better all around ball player, Pass, Shoot, Rebound, apply pressure to the other team point guard or guard for 25 minutes. Maybe she too cute to ball. IDK. The time of the one dimensional point guard (pass, pass, pass) or guard is over. If you can't score efficiently on all three levels at the guard spot your in trouble, and from all five spots, hmmmmm

One preseason game, lets see how Evina season progress. Jaz did look good tho!

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBackBoard
I enjoyed the game. I personally would continue to sub 5 at a time to get everyone as much playing time as possible. I would also press all the time and keep pressure on the ball without overcommitting. When we play an outside shooting team, I would stay on my opponent on the perimeter to challenge the kick out and let the post play help defense on the slasher. It looks like we have shot blocking ability on both first and second teams. I like to see players enjoying themselves. Pretty good first game. Looks like what needs fixing' can be fixed. If they stay into the games mentally, this team will be extremely hard to beat.

This.^ It's a lot easier to work on FT shooting and defensive positioning than it is to fix effort and chemistry issues.

Keys got to work on strength and her footwork. I don't see her coming in taking the spot from KK, and dont forget about Lou! Lou at the five spot who can shoot the three will be a nice combination too, imagine 6'6 player have to guard her in open space.

You will need to see Key play before she hurt her foot her she was a force. Not saying she will take her spot but i think it will hard to keep Key on the bench well put it this way she will play a lot.

Reactions: Pat4life
How you know I haven't seen her play? lol I agree with you there, she will play a lot. I think she has more upside of any big in this class and love her length and frame.

The same with Emily (a lot of upside), I think both are gems.

Last edited:
Her shot hasn't been blocked, she just haven't been gathering her feet and just turning and throwing the ball up.

KK appears to need a little more work in the paint, I thought Collins played better and was more aggressive. KK also seem to run out of gas a few times.

I love our freshmen, those ladies looked really good.

Reactions: Pat4life
In the 2nd half KK looked much better, going against smaller defender got to her early on but for sure more work in the post.

She overpowered them in the 2nd half.

KK has potental tho! Her progression would be one, we all will keep an eye on this season.

Yes, Collins plays tough, and still a girl. lol

Yes, its like they are pumping Lady Vol magic back into the program, the energy.

Last edited:
Absolutely in love with this Freshmen class. I see a lot of potential in them contributing and making an impact right away.
You can’t teach hustle and effort and they all seem to go after it. Looking at these guards now and what we had with what we had in the past I’m certainly pleased. Jordan who? Lol. Teasing. But yes I know this is only the first preseason game but the team has lots of potential. Can not wait to see what these ladies can do.

KK has had to spend a majority of her time getting in shape. She came in as a freshman who dealt with a lot of injury issues in high school and spent most of last season behind in all departments of development. This offseason was dedicated to getting her ready in terms of conditioning. Now that the regular season is here I think you'll see KK slowly but surely start to develop in terms of footwork and skill work. Court time is going to help immensely.

Also, when somebody drops the line "maybe she too cute to ball" it makes me want to rage. Please try to understand how problematic that kind of statement is.

Of all the things I've posted and that one line offended you, it was a joke, and prolly how most people who read my posts took it.
Get over yourself and move right along.

Rage. ok. Then what? Gone!

Nice post about KK tho!

Last edited:
Of all the things I've posted and that one line offended you, it was a joke, and prolly how most people who read my posts took it.
Get over yourself and move right along.

Rage. ok. Then what? Gone!

Nice post about KK tho!

Being over myself is what puts me in position to not make "jokes" about someone's character, which you did by insinuating she is more interested in her appearance than her game. Let's not take shots at the character of any college athletes based on appearance. Time for you to grow up and move right along yourself. People saying stupid things gives me little moments of wanting to rage... I'm not afraid to admit that.

I can do or say what I want. What yo rage gonna do on a message board?

If u want to rage I'm in Cali this week on business. If u care to meet I'm staying near 4th and cherry.

ijs you feel that strongly about it.

Do not read I posts, Ignore cos for one I don't is get into tiffs on message board.

Yo words vs mines unless it about bball wuteva? ain't nobody got time for that... You said what you had to say fine. Gone!

Moving right along.

Go Lady Vols.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back