Game Thread Lady Vols vs Baylor

Unfortunately this performance today will be repeated many,many times this season.Holly Warlick has completely lost this team to the point that they no longer have the desire to play the game.....no energy ,no joy,no chemistry,etc.Did you notice the team at time out's ....no one ....absolutely no one was paying any heed to what she was saying.This is a sad ,sad situation which will only get worse ...much worse.

She isn't even the best women's head coach in Knoxville! They are in the high school ranks! Attendance will dwindle until they start putting all the fans on one side of the arena and curtain the other side if things don't change! But maybe she is "a champion of the game of life" so maybe I'm the one who is clueless...not her!

Here is why I think Holly can't coach. The rebounding, the shot selection, the passing, the indecision, out of control play, the intensity, no corrections game to game. Other than those seven things everything seems to be fine.

Reactions: 1 person
0 Reynolds, Jordan.... g 1-5 0-1 0-0 3 1 4 0 2 4 1 0 0 29

10 Jackson, Meme....... g 1-4 0-0 2-2 1 1 2 0 4 1 1 0 0 29

11 DeShields, Diamond.. g 4-14 0-1 5-5 1 5 6 3 13 2 5 0 0 32

04 Nunn, Schaquilla.... 0-2 0-0 0-0 1 4 5 1 0 0 1 0 0 10

13 Dunbar, Kortney..... 1-3 1-3 1-2 0 3 3 0 4 1 0 0 0 11

33 Middleton, Alexa.... 0-6 0-2 2-2 0 1 1 1 2 2 3 0 0 21

6 for 29, guards,...

guard play, no elite guards, Cooper we miss ya.

No excuses, our team is not tough. They are mental midgets, skill without toughness is below average.

Our coach is struggling to coach this team, to get them to play their best ball and hopefully she can get better.

Talent, our players are not all that, that's why I was happy, with the recruiting class, our guards are average at best, that's not an excuse, facts. Once we play as a team, rather than five individual movement parts, we'll be fine.

57 points in the paint, says we are tougher than you.

NO excuses, our team is soft, maybe the coaching is soft. But I don't want her fired, figure it out Holly.

...maybe coaching is soft? There is no coaching and we will get better the day Holly is fired!

Reactions: 2 people
The final score was Baylor 88 TN 66, that says it all. You are playing on your home court and the opposition almost hit the century mark!!!! enough said. I don't want to hear about how talented the players are, the coaching staff, recruits, nothing. Someone at this university must step in and say enough is enough and put this nightmare of basketball and coaching to rest. Its only going to get worse. I see a 15 loss season easily with this group of players and coaches!! As a basketball coach, watching this game was an total embarrassment to the coaching fraternity, players and fans who come out of there pockets, to pay and see basketball played at this level, SHAME ON YOU LADY VOLS!!!.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, I think Holly has overachieved wit this group especially an elite 8 last year.

Holly will figure it out, I mean that's what good coaches do.

6 for 29, guards,...

You said guards and went on and listed 3 forwards. You really believe Te'a would of helped temper this a** whooping.

6 for 29, guards,...

Last year you probably was saying Cooper was overrated or wuteva

Last year you probably was saying Cooper was overrated or wuteva

Cooper is was Freshman, Diamond is a senior, we do not see any signs of a Dominate, All American candidate player. Diamond just haven't impressed me.

****, Cooper is looking like the best guard on the team is she is on the bench. ijs.

I don't think Russell is overrated. I think Nared is rounding into form. lol

Last edited:
Actually, I think Holly has overachieved wit this group especially an elite 8 last year.

Holly will figure it out, I mean that's what good coaches do.

You are absolutely clueless and hilarious. The sooner hw is no longer the coach, the better off the program will be.

Reactions: 3 people
You really believe that don't you!:compute:

Poor Holly...only 5 McD AAs. Ot's too much to expect her to beat teams above Div II level. The fact that she beat JMU, Navy, ETSU, and Tenn State is a testament to her superb coaching effort this year. She will continue this impressive run after getting blown away by Texas with wins vs Div II powerhouses Appalachian State and Troy.

Last edited:
Well, matched the worst home loss in history. At least it wasn't a new record.

Some positives to take away:

Russell more than held her own: 22 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks.

Nared didn't shoot well, but 19 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

We shot 33 free throws (22 from Russell and Nared). Didn't shoot them particularly well, but does show some aggression on the offensive end, which will be needed if we continue to shoot so poorly.

Nunn didn't score, but she never looked lost. She's coming along. I think she got some good minutes today.

We won the 4th quarter 20-15. About half of that was with Baylor's bench in the game, but at least we didn't completely give up.

I won't speak to all of the problems because they speak for themselves.

Nice post! Wow, if Mercedes had better guards... Mercedes and Nared thanks for representing the Lady Vols. The rest of u, wuteva?

We are bad in EVERY way. Our coaching is terrible, our defense is laughably bad--we gave up 50 points, or 48, in the first half--game over. The game was over before the first quarter was over! We gave up 24/25 and were behind by 15!

Our guards are TERRIBLE, with a capital T--can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot. But it must be emphasized: our terrible play starts and ends with terrible coaching. It's not about Baylor, even--we lost to Va. Tech and Pa. State before this game. And keep in mind that our top players all played together last year--it's not like they don't know each other.

VN Store

Back