Game Thread Lady Vols vs Baylor

One negative note for Baylor is that they have let the game get really sloppy with some poor basketball themselves. Not what I would expect from a team that thinks they are in the NC conversation.

What have I have said several times now is that our only hope for change is with the new Athletic Director who will be named this month.If it is David Blackburn ,David is completely aware of the situation of every UT athletic team and he just might ask Holly to retire ....hopefully she would take that suggestion because she will not be fired.

Reactions: 2 people
One negative note for Baylor is that they have let the game get really sloppy with some poor basketball themselves. Not what I would expect from a team that thinks they are in the NC conversation.

They're not having to focus anymore- they're playing against a poorly coached team- they're not playing for a poorly coached team.

What have I have said several times now is that our only hope for change is with the new Athletic Director who will be named this month.If it is David Blackburn ,David is completely aware of the situation of every UT athletic team and he just might ask Holly to retire ....hopefully she would take that suggestion because she will not be fired.
Holly will not quit on her own, because she knows with this track record she would be lucky to land a high school job.

If we had any guards we might could give Baylor a game. Our guard play is so bad this year that if they can't get it going 14 losses will no longer be the record.

Well, matched the worst home loss in history. At least it wasn't a new record.

Some positives to take away:

Russell more than held her own: 22 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks.

Nared didn't shoot well, but 19 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

We shot 33 free throws (22 from Russell and Nared). Didn't shoot them particularly well, but does show some aggression on the offensive end, which will be needed if we continue to shoot so poorly.

Nunn didn't score, but she never looked lost. She's coming along. I think she got some good minutes today.

We won the 4th quarter 20-15. About half of that was with Baylor's bench in the game, but at least we didn't completely give up.

I won't speak to all of the problems because they speak for themselves.

Now if our ladies didnt have basketball skills, at least their were tough, now we supposively have All Americans, and they are not tough.

There is no accountability no ownership from the players. Holly, will struggle this year with this mentally weak team, if you push em u might break em, they shut down on you, if you try to be they friend, they still gonna play like ****, so she's in a tough spot.

Its not about x and o, it about we have a team of mental midgets.

And a pos for a coach.

Unfortunately this performance today will be repeated many,many times this season.Holly Warlick has completely lost this team to the point that they no longer have the desire to play the game.....no energy ,no joy,no chemistry,etc.Did you notice the team at time out's ....no one ....absolutely no one was paying any heed to what she was saying.This is a sad ,sad situation which will only get worse ...much worse.

This can't happen soon enough. Should have already been done.

Reactions: 1 person
If we had any guards we might could give Baylor a game. Our guard play is so bad this year that if they can't get it going 14 losses will no longer be the record.

I don't want to overstate what having Cooper this year would do for us, but I think it would help a LOT.

A person can also be embarrassingly bad and in over their heads at a job and not realize it.

This is something that occasionally happens with coaches. :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, wasn't she on the court when Baylor made that run, knock us on our butt, she has to take this butt whoopin, the whole starting five has to feel the worse home lost ever, ever last one of them, that feeling is...every thing, if they are competitors, so you leave them out there the whole game.

See, its more than x and o's.

Has to be more than x and o's...you are correct...but there has to be more than O x and o's....still waiting to see any basketball IQ

Even if we lost the recruits(do not think all would go elsewhere), I would rather start from scratch next year with a new coaching staff.

I still remember Pat saying, 'If that guard play does not improve, we will not get better as a team'. Middleton is a train wreck. Quit frigging dribbling around!

Reactions: 1 person
Even if we lost the recruits(do not think all would go elsewhere), I would rather start from scratch next year with a new coaching staff.

I still remember Pat saying, 'If that guard play does not improve, we will not get better as a team'. Middleton is a train wreck. Quit frigging dribbling around!
I think we would be more likely to keep the recruits with a coaching change.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly, you have your work cut off for you, coaching a team of mental midget, they quit on themselves, smh, that part hurts. Its hard coaching a sensitive, mental midget team.

Goodluck Holly, play Meme more.

This is happenin to us, wow. its a lil bit. Holly, aye wassup?

Yep, maybe we have a roster as tough as marsh mellows...with a coach as soft as charmin! Don't squeeze the charmin! lol

We dominated the boards for 35 years. How is it these particular high school all-americans of ours suck at it so bad?

VN Store

Back