Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. Alabama

Only two moves I see viable in the starting lineup for changing it from what it is would be to move Jackson in and Puckett out. Or move Walker out and let Horston play the point. The way Striplin is playing right now on defense and 6 points 8 rebounds and 3 blocked shots in fifteen minutes she is solid as is Horston and Darby. So Puckett and Walker are the only places I see we could make a change.
Walker finally played a game we needed from a point guard hopefully this is the beginning for her to play every game like she played this one. Jackson starting over Puckett seems to be the no brainer as it gets another speedy player in there to go with Horston instead of three slower players playing together.

Good problem to have!!

For everyone who watched the game, and felt like the 4th quarter was sloppy, that’s an understatement. I just watched the end of the game again, and here is what I wrote down.

We were at 81-61, a nice 20 point lead, then our players ….. (to stands for turnover).

AL made a 3, 81-64
5:47 Jill miss
5:17 Wynn in. Players: Walker, Wynn, Jill, Sara, Rickea
Sara miss layup, Rickea makes putback and foul shot, 84-64
5:10 Powell in for Walker
4:49 Jill misses 3 shots under the basket.
4:29 Wynn miss, fouled, misses 2 free throws
4:02 Sara out, Horston in. 84-68. Players: Powell, Wynn, Jill, Horston, Rickea
Jill makes 2 and 1, 87-70
Walker in, Wynn out
Starting at 2:50 gets really interesting.
Powell to
Walker to
Wynn in for Powell
Wynn to
Jill to
At 1:49, 87-72, players: Walker, Jill, Tess, Horston, Rickea
87-74
Horston to
Rickea fell, went out
Sara open with the ball, decides not to shoot, then passing till Walker layup gets blocked- to
87-76
Walker later makes 2 free throws
89-76

So, if I’m counting correctly, in the last 3 minutes of the game, in addition to missed shots, we had 6 turnovers. You can’t make this stuff up.

With the rankings/future seedings partially based on amount of win, points are important. Even with Horston and Rickea in the game, they needed good play around them. It was a really good win, it should have been a 20 point win.

I agree we need to clean up the 4th quarter and we need to have more focus finishing the game. However, I think wins are important and as long as we keep winning the seedings and rankings will figure itself out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I agree we need to clean up the 4th quarter and we need to have more focus finishing the game. However, I think wins are important and as long as we keep winning the seedings and rankings will figure itself out.
Hopefully, but it’s all part of the process of rankings for the tournaments. Thankfully, this crazy set of plays happened in a game we won. A lot can happen in a short amount of time in basketball, and no team we play is going to just quit because they’re behind. Got a feeling the team will understand this better after this week.

For everyone who watched the game, and felt like the 4th quarter was sloppy, that’s an understatement. I just watched the end of the game again, and here is what I wrote down.

We were at 81-61, a nice 20 point lead, then our players ….. (to stands for turnover).

AL made a 3, 81-64
5:47 Jill miss
5:17 Wynn in. Players: Walker, Wynn, Jill, Sara, Rickea
Sara miss layup, Rickea makes putback and foul shot, 84-64
5:10 Powell in for Walker
4:49 Jill misses 3 shots under the basket.
4:29 Wynn miss, fouled, misses 2 free throws
4:02 Sara out, Horston in. 84-68. Players: Powell, Wynn, Jill, Horston, Rickea
Jill makes 2 and 1, 87-70
Walker in, Wynn out
Starting at 2:50 gets really interesting.
Powell to
Walker to
Wynn in for Powell
Wynn to
Jill to
At 1:49, 87-72, players: Walker, Jill, Tess, Horston, Rickea
87-74
Horston to
Rickea fell, went out
Sara open with the ball, decides not to shoot, then passing till Walker layup gets blocked- to
87-76
Walker later makes 2 free throws
89-76

So, if I’m counting correctly, in the last 3 minutes of the game, in addition to missed shots, we had 6 turnovers. You can’t make this stuff up.

With the rankings/future seedings partially based on amount of win, points are important. Even with Horston and Rickea in the game, they needed good play around them. It was a really good win, it should have been a 20 point win.
We have to learn to keep our focus and keep our feet on the gas at all times. It is obvious a work in progress.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back