Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. #22/25 ARKANSAS

Key is 6-5 on defense, and 5-5 on offense.

Slow you roll don`t blame this on Key if we did not turn the ball over 21-22 times and defend the three point shot we win. Ark is smart they knew they would not be able to win driving into the middle. They would get there shot block. So they kicked it out to shoot the 3.

I ain't even mad about it. I wish I was mad. But I'm not. I even said in the pregame stuff - 10 points or thereabouts loss. And there it was. Easy to see coming. Wish I was mad about it though -- at least a little.

This program spent a lot of years fielding disorganized, discombobulated, and distracted teams. I didn't think they'd fix it in a year. And I know making cultural changes can take time. Still. I wish I mad about it. Oh well.

I ain't even mad about it. I wish I was mad. But I'm not. I even said in the pregame stuff - 10 points or thereabouts loss. And there it was. Easy to see coming. Wish I was mad about it though -- at least a little.

This program spent a lot of years fielding disorganized, discombobulated, and distracted teams. I didn't think they'd fix it in a year. And I know making cultural changes can take time. Still. I wish I mad about it. Oh well.

I got this feeling about 6 years ago unfortunately.

Reactions: Voltopia
I hope Davis takes advantage of the new free transfer rule and goes somewhere she can win something next year. She deserves better.

I hope that "fans" who say garbage like this enter the fan transfer portal and never come back, especially when the Lady Vols show vast improvement next year.

And the best thing is, the free transfer rule means those quitters can leave tonight and immediately start cheering for their preferred teams.

Everybody wins!

Especially Volnation.

Your guess is pretty good. They’ve had to cover the upper deck with the Buzz Peterson era black curtains to make the arena look less empty on TV.

There was a time when the games were on the radio locally here in Nashville for every game unless something important conflicted with it. I'm talking the Vols flagship station. They quit carrying it a couple years into Warlick's tenure even when nothing else locally was on the radio. Now there is not even a radio audience here for it. They had the type of program that an average sports fan might stop to check out the game when they were channel surfing. Now people just feel bad for the program.

Reactions: therealitytheory
Lady vols get nothing from the four and five positions. This and the low basketball IQ is what kills this team. Too many plays where the post players miss layups and don't rebound. Team needs to use the small lineup more with Key. Finding players to man the 4 and 5 positions is a must.

Almost everyone on here was dying to get rid of Holly. We couldn't land a top level x's and o's coach so we went with Harper. There was not that much indication that she was a better x's and o's coach, and so far her recruiting has been much worse.

Next year we lose not much and get Green back. Everyone should be a year better. But we have not much in recruits coming in. So recruiting for 2021 is key. We should be a top 10-15 team next year. IF Harper can't get us into the top 15 with all the talent we will have, then we are sunk. Recruiting for 2021 is make or break. We need 1 top 10 kid, one in the top 20, and the rest will be gravy.

If we can't accomplish that, then we will be on a downwards slide that may never end.

Was at a men's church fellowship dinner and
missed the game. Read the posts ,at least we
didn't get annihilated like I thought. The Emily
situation the last few games and not being there tonight is definitely a mystery. Hope something is not rotten in the state of Denmark for her.

Teacher they do Coach this as well as many other things but this team just can't do what the coaches teach.
The players seem brain dead, because they are constantly making stupid mistakes. KJH and her staff seem very frustrated.

Can someone tell me what happened to kk. Before her knee injury last year she was coming as a player. Now, she's terrible.

Again, we lack the quickness to win games like this one. So many times we are simply beaten to long rebounds and loose balls because we are a step slower than everybody else. Our players usually TRY to get there, but opponents too often are able to beat us to the spots. I know the players have to be frustrated, but I’m not sure what can be done to make them any quicker.

VN Store

Back