Game Thread: Lady Vols v Vanderbilt: Sunday 1PM, TV-SEC network,,,Final: TN 84 Vandy 71

I’ve been in that gym a lot. Had seats for WBB in row 9 for a lot of years Jim F. Days. The side area is wide but not unlimited with a 4 foot drop. I would rather have folks try and catch me in their seat than slide/fall off onto concrete floor.
I’m not being hyperbolic at all in that this issue has been raised with the SEC and Vandy numerous times and ignored by those parties. If a player sustained serious injuries because of the raised floor I believe a law suit might be successful. Think if you have a vicious dog that has chased your neighbor into their house, you are aware of this and yet refuse to secure the dog or euthanize it and he then attacks a neighbor you are going to have a legal problem.
Please stop with your nonsense! NCAA Championship games are played on elevated courts with MUCH narrower sidelines. It’s all about risk assessment. Please share with the group the number of players who have gone “flying” off the court during the history of that arena. Also please share the injury statistics for that timeframe as well. I’m curious to hear what a death trap this place is! Also, the drop is less than three feet!

Please stop with your nonsense! NCAA Championship games are played on elevated courts with MUCH narrower sidelines. It’s all about risk assessment. Please share with the group the number of players who have gone “flying” off the court during the history of that arena. Also please share the injury statistics for that timeframe as well. I’m curious to hear what a death trap this place is! Also, the drop is less than three feet!
Well you are wrong about the drop. If you sit in the front row the floor is at or slightly above eye level. I am not saying it is probable just possible. It was not probable that the young football player would be hit right on his heart at the exact split second of his heart beat that would create a cardiac arrest. But it was possible and thank God for the first responders.
You need to pick your tightly whities out of that crevice and relax. Have you been sued recently!?!😆😆😆. That is what umbrella policies are for!!

Well you are wrong about the drop. If you sit in the front row the floor is at or slightly above eye level. I am not saying it is probable just possible. It was not probable that the young football player would be hit right on his heart at the exact split second of his heart beat that would create a cardiac arrest. But it was possible and thank God for the first responders.
You need to pick your tightly whities out of that crevice and relax. Have you been sued recently!?!😆😆😆. That is what umbrella policies are for!!
…behave, Lucy….😂

Several have pointed out that in several games we have had an approximately 20 point lead, and at some point late in the game, we lost the big lead, and the game became close. Possible reasons were loss of focus or intensity.

To me, those are not the main reasons this is happening. It’s much simpler. Right now, I believe we have five who I would call dependable scorers, or players I most trust to play well. They are: Rickea, Horston, Tess, Striplin, and Franklin. Any other player than these on the floor, (and I know we need a point guard), to me, is a less dependable scorer. So, for every player that comes on the court, who is not one of the top five, we’re handicapping our team. (This does not mean the subs have no potential to play well, but they are not yet on the same level as the top five). The more of these subs on the floor mean we handicap our team that much more, and have less chance of scoring well. So, the more subs in the game and the longer they play, the more time the opposing team has to whittle down our lead.

While starters need to rest and minutes help subs, we’re playing a team probably playing their best players, and still fighting to win. The solution is two fold, play the least amount of subs together, and refrain from adding subs too early in the game, lessening the time of a possible comeback. Any team can be dangerous, we cannot help them by multiple subbing too early in the game.
Exactly right. Play subs but don't play 5 at once, especially 3 point guards at once

Looking forward, it is shocking how bad TAMU is. Shocking.

They are 327th out of 361 in points scored per possession. Not a single player is shooting 3s better than 30%. Their roster has some of the worst collective PER ratings I've ever seen on an SEC team.

Poor Janiah Barker, who looked like one of the best recruits I've ever seen and should have come to LVs, has 1 assist to 23 turnovers. It would be fantastic to pick her up out of the portal this summer.
Why would you want a player with 1 assist and 23 turnovers. No thanks

The what????

On rewatch, KJH actually did call a t.o. during Vandy's run, much as it must have hurt her. Of course the facts never make a ripple in the ongoing narrative pool.

I think a huge difference now is confidence that we have the offensive firepower to stem runs. We now have answers, plural.
At 7:16 it was 71-51 Tn up 20
At 3:20 it was 75-67 Tn up 8
that is a 16-4 run before the time out
this is the play by play scoring log:
001.jpg

At 7:16 it was 71-51 Tn up 20
At 3:20 it was 75-67 Tn up 8
that is a 16-4 run before the time out
this is the play by play scoring log:
View attachment 530263
We were missing a lot of defensive assignments which came to an end after the timeout. We suddenly had the energy and really became more effective defensively and finished the game 9 to 4 which I'll accept in any three plus minutes of action.

VN Store

Back