Game Thread: Lady Vols v Vanderbilt: Sunday 1PM, TV-SEC network,,,Final: TN 84 Vandy 71

Does Tess have a COVID year. I know at Greenfield they canceled the state tournament for COVID; which would be the same year the NCAA cancelled the tournament correct? That would mean unfortunately she doesn't have a COVID year cause she was still in high school; not at UT at the time. I could be wrong. Hell I hope I am lol
Tess can take the Covid year. Her class is the last one who can take it

Tess has two more years after this one is the reason I said she would be a 1000 point scorer. She should reach over 200 made three may 250 barring any injuries before she is done at Tennessee.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
tess was put in when got close she come a long way from some here crying benchwamer or shes not sec player now its she should be starting coach kellie is crazy mudcat says that top 70 player tess was rated on college scotts list is showing up. shows whoever rated tess top 70 softmore highschool has a better eye for basketball players than some of the people who say bench tess more to long of a list of to call all of you out you know who are .

tess was put in when got close she come a long way from some here crying benchwamer or shes not sec player now its she should be starting coach kellie is crazy mudcat says that top 70 player tess was rated on college scotts list is showing up. shows whoever rated tess top 70 softmore highschool has a better eye for basketball players than some of the people who say bench tess more to long of a list of to call all of you out you know who are .
She has become one of our most reliable players on defense and offense. I am delighted to see her in there much more than I used to be. She has come a long way and is now a factor at this level. She was great at Greenfield and has finally been able to go a long way to bridging the gap between that quality of play and the college game.

After the timeout we outscored Vandy 9 to 4 in the last three and a half minutes. That relates to 27 to 12 per quarter and 108 to 48 for a 40 minute game. The energy was different what we need to look like for 40 minutes.

After the timeout
The what????

On rewatch, KJH actually did call a t.o. during Vandy's run, much as it must have hurt her. Of course the facts never make a ripple in the ongoing narrative pool.

I think a huge difference now is confidence that we have the offensive firepower to stem runs. We now have answers, plural.

The what????

On rewatch, KJH actually did call a t.o. during Vandy's run, much as it must have hurt her. Of course the facts never make a ripple in the ongoing narrative pool.

I think a huge difference now is confidence that we have the offensive firepower to stem runs. We now have answers, plural.
Yes after the timeout she called we ended the last three and a half minutes 9 to 4 over Vandy so yes it worked to get that energy back that we were missing before that timeout.

Looking forward, it is shocking how bad TAMU is. Shocking.

They are 327th out of 361 in points scored per possession. Not a single player is shooting 3s better than 30%. Their roster has some of the worst collective PER ratings I've ever seen on an SEC team.

Poor Janiah Barker, who looked like one of the best recruits I've ever seen and should have come to LVs, has 1 assist to 23 turnovers. It would be fantastic to pick her up out of the portal this summer.

RJ a little off, she's tired. But just in time, JH shows up.

A bit of a sloppy choppy quarter but only 3 t.o.s

We need to get Sara right.

RJ started the game 0-6 but after that she was "on". It was good to see that she didn't even think about getting down on herself. Consummate pro.

Looks like I'm completely alone on this but I thought Puckett played fine. She didn't fill up the bucket but she passed well, rebounded, generally did her job. Maybe someone can point out what I'm missing. I think Darby was just killing it and that ate into SP's minutes.

1. 305 Angie Bjorklund 2007-11 2. 266 Shanna Zolman 2002-06 3. 256 Kara Lawson 1999-03 4. 255 Meighan Simmons 2010-14 5. 164 Ariel Massengale 2011-15 6. 163 Shekinna Stricklen 2008-12 7. 161 Brittany Jackson 2001-05 8. 147 Shannon Bobbitt 2006-08 9. 143 Taber Spani 2009-13 10. 133 Sidney Spencer 2003-07

All time three point shooters. Tess has 90 looks if things go well she can get to number five easily maybe all the way to number three.

Looking forward, it is shocking how bad TAMU is. Shocking.

They are 327th out of 361 in points scored per possession. Not a single player is shooting 3s better than 30%. Their roster has some of the worst collective PER ratings I've ever seen on an SEC team.

Poor Janiah Barker, who looked like one of the best recruits I've ever seen and should have come to LVs, has 1 assist to 23 turnovers. It would be fantastic to pick her up out of the portal this summer.
Not a real quick team either so I am hoping we get out quickly and don't look back.

1. 305 Angie Bjorklund 2007-11 2. 266 Shanna Zolman 2002-06 3. 256 Kara Lawson 1999-03 4. 255 Meighan Simmons 2010-14 5. 164 Ariel Massengale 2011-15 6. 163 Shekinna Stricklen 2008-12 7. 161 Brittany Jackson 2001-05 8. 147 Shannon Bobbitt 2006-08 9. 143 Taber Spani 2009-13 10. 133 Sidney Spencer 2003-07

All time three point shooters. Tess has 90 looks if things go well she can get to number five easily maybe all the way to number three.

#3 is definitely in play. There's an outside chance at #2.

However #1 seems completely safe.

Thank you for the research and data! Cool! 😎

Yes after the timeout she called we ended the last three and a half minutes 9 to 4 over Vandy so yes it worked to get that energy back that we were missing before that timeout.
Good point. I've never argued that calling t.o. doesn't work to stop a run, just that alot of coaches currently don't do it including both TN coaches. There must be a statistical reason.

T.O.s give the team getting run a chance to regroup and stops on court momentum. But sometimes it seems to make psychological mo worse. One team slinks to the bench to get ass chewed while the other is getting chest bumped mid court by the last guy on the bench.

RJ started the game 0-6 but after that she was "on". It was good to see that she didn't even think about getting down on herself. Consummate pro.

Looks like I'm completely alone on this but I thought Puckett played fine. She didn't fill up the bucket but she passed well, rebounded, generally did her job. Maybe someone can point out what I'm missing. I think Darby was just killing it and that ate into SP's minutes.
RJ is able to keep a productive scorer's mentality without forcing her points. Very little seems forced with her, but there's times you just know she's going to shoot. She's shown a good willingness to find a player with a better shot though.

Can't put my finger on what's going on with Sara. She hasn't been terrible at all, shot just not falling. Is it me or is she ending up on the floor alot lately? Getting beat on D is certainly not new to Sara nor exclusive to her and she plays very good D alot of the time so I'm not sure that's it. She has seemed clearly frustrated lately. We need Sara to have some of what Tess and Striplin been having.

Shouldn’t Caitlin Clark be in here? I think she has over 200 in 2 and a half years. I think she is on pacer to have 400 if she stays 4 years.

Thanks for this! I do not remember Simmons being such a good 3 point shooter. Only name on there that surprises me.

This from Volfan2012:

“Yes but you should try that at home more than the road cause when we had Wynn, Walker, and Powell in there together the lead went from 21 to 8.”

I was talking about more than just this game, but if the above quote is correct, it just illustrates what I was saying. Even Horston and Rickea need the best players around them, to play their best.

Volfan2012 definitely knows what is up but the LVs built that 20 pt. lead with Wynn, Hollingshead, and Powell (who had a really nice game) on the floor with Jackson (Jordan H. was in and out during the stretch.)

Strategically, the Walker and Powell pairing is one that seems suspect since they have such similar games and generally don't provide a lot of shooting.

Last edited:
Memorial Gymnasium is the most unique court in college or professional basketball.
To me it is a cracker box and a matchbox ( waiting for one of the matches to ignite and burn it down literally ) and the worst gymnasium ( does not qualify as an Arena ) that I have ever frequented as a fan.

Reactions: Lucy
Volfan2012 definitely knows what is up but the LVs built that 20 pt. lead with Wynn, Hollingshead, and Powell (who had a really nice game) on the floor with Jackson (Jordan H. was in and out during the stretch.)

Strategically, the Walker and Powell is one that seems suspect since they have such similar games and generally don't provide a lot of shooting.
By Walker's usual standards ,I thought she had a nice game.

VN Store

Back