Game Thread: Lady Vols v UCONN; Thurs. 8PM; on ESPN

GT, the most telling thing is that Lobo Does Not notice that the unconn player pulls down Rickea in an arm lock when it is absolutely and clearly visibile in the slow mo replay.

When I talk about advantages UConn has, this is a good example of what I mean. When ESPN's lead play by play commentator is out there ignoring things their affiliated program does, it's a soft form of messaging that benefits that program's image and brand. One cannot help but wonder if a neutral observer would have called it more honestly.

In a similar vein, it's the same with their coach openly accusing the officials of giving Tennessee preferential home treatment. That might have been worth commenting on, but heaven forbid they say anything negative. They can't. They won't.

Last edited:
unconn elbow lock starting whole thing
Not sure you can call escaping a figure-four leglock retaliation. The old wrestling circuits had nothing on that move.

Didn't know UConn had Ric Flair for a bench coach. I guess it explains Geno's heel routine though.

geno meltdown before half was for the refs they took jackson out on miss block called gave her a charge. big time should have big time refsno wonder most men fans do not watch womens more bad refs than good ones

Yeah, I gave up watching for a long time because the officiating was so much worse than in the men's games. As bad as it is now, it was worse not long ago. And there is no excuse for it.

I think there are fewer vendettas than there were before too. Now it is mainly incompetence and the emotions of the night.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
College game day comes to Knoxville for football, basketball, and women's basketball this year. Only one team doesn't come through...

i think refs were better during 90s rfs now are worse and some teams never end of on short stick on calls. that just does happen less someone wants it that way
Yeah, I gave up watching for a long time because the officiating was so much worse than in the men's games. As bad as it is now, it was worse not long ago. And there is no excuse for it.

I think there are fewer vendettas than there were before too. Now it is mainly incompetence and the emotions of the night.

College game day comes to Knoxville for football, basketball, and women's basketball this year. Only one team doesn't come through...
why-wont-you.gif

Reactions: madtownvol
Not sure you can call escaping a figure-four leglock retaliation. The old wrestling circuits had nothing on that move.

Didn't know UConn had Ric Flair for a bench coach. I guess it explains Geno's heel routine though.

That's when Jackson should have pulled the old horseshoe out of the shorts and popped Edwards in the broken nose.

Your honor, the plaintiff's face just kept hitting my fist, repeatedly. I am the true victim here.

Before anyone label me as an anti Lady Vol plant, I love the Lady Vols and have followed them for over 40 years. But good teams don’t just recruit, they reload. Right now on our roster we do not have a replacement for Jackson or Horston. We have zero recruits coming in for next year. We do have a sleeper in Pisscott, who I believe has star capability, Puckett and Hollinshed who both could develop into stars. KJH will have to work the portal to bring in at least there star players who can hit the floor running. One has to be a proven point guard who serves as the QB of the team, unless Powell has an epiphany and develops into the leader required at the point guard position. It will also help if TK can come back and be a force in the middle. Striplin’s development will also be important to the success of next year's team. We really need three players who are consistent scorers from anywhere on the floor.

Reactions: mcannon1
When I talk about advantages UConn has, this is a good example of what I mean. When ESPN's lead play by play commentator is out there ignoring things their affiliated program does, it's a soft form of messaging that benefits that program's image and brand. One cannot help but wonder if a neutral observer would have called it more honestly.

In a similar vein, it's the same with their coach openly accusing the officials of giving Tennessee preferential home treatment. That might have been worth commenting on, but heaven forbid they say anything negative. They can't. They won't.

I don't hav a typical negative LV fan reaction to uconn. To me, they're just another of the elite programs out there. I heard what Geno had to say at halftime, and the way he said it and I said to myself outloud: What an a$$h*le.

Before anyone label me as an anti Lady Vol plant, I love the Lady Vols and have followed them for over 40 years. But good teams don’t just recruit, they reload. Right now on our roster we do not have a replacement for Jackson or Horston. We have zero recruits coming in for next year. We do have a sleeper in Pisscott, who I believe has star capability, Puckett and Hollinshed who both could develop into stars. KJH will have to work the portal to bring in at least there star players who can hit the floor running. One has to be a proven point guard who serves as the QB of the team, unless Powell has an epiphany and develops into the leader required at the point guard position. It will also help if TK can come back and be a force in the middle. Striplin’s development will also be important to the success of next year's team. We really need three players who are consistent scorers from anywhere on the floor.
Yelp, sigh , we're doom.

Yes, I had heard about that.

Which means she wasn't playing for us in the UConn game last year, just as Paige and Ducharme weren't playing for them in the game referenced for comparison to this year's game.

Pretty sure the difference is Paige and Ducharme were apart of the team. Unlike RJ who never had a chance to play for the Lady Vols last year

VN Store

Back