Game Thread: Lady Vols v Mizzou 3 PM Sunday at Mizzou, SEC+ (stream)

I mean this respectfully; the most gorgeous basketball coach I’ve laid eyes on says it’s GameDay! Rocky Top is rocking 🧡🧡‼️
Who is Rocky Top?!

If JH were out and RJ didn't start, I'd go burn a mattress at the UT rock.

They should be posting the starting lineup jerseys any time. Hopefully much ado about nothing, not sure where that poster heard the rumor.

I'm howling over here! LOL!

Also, if the mattress burning were to become necessary, would you mind if I joined you?

If JH were out and RJ didn't start, I'd go burn a mattress at the UT rock.

They should be posting the starting lineup jerseys any time. Hopefully much ado about nothing, not sure where that poster heard the rumor.

Truth is, JH doesn’t have to be out for RJ to return to the starting lineup.
If it turns out Horston misses the game which I don’t believe then to me either Kaiya Wynn or Jasmine Powell gets the start.
Maybe I’m wrong.. but we’ll see!

If everything is a "trap game", then nothing is a "trap game". Trap schedule? That kind of ruins the whole premise. IMO "trap game" is a fan truism, but not necessarily true.

Exactly, and thanks for the realistic view from the inside. Most of us fans don't realize the businesslike nature of a long season. That's why they adhere to strict routines and schedules and refer to them as "business trips".

Of course if we look off today, it won't stop the trappers from saying told you so. But I put "trap game" in the same category as the magical time out that stops all runs and the call to make em run til they puke when they make a turnover. Just things fans say that have no relation to real life.
Should our players be effected by the last game they played, or the next game they’re going to play? They should not, after all it’s a business trip. There are obvious and logical reasons to illustrate why each game is won or lost, but players are not robots. They have emotions, energy, and thoughts we cannot see. So being human, and not robots, their energy might be down from the last game, or their thoughts might just drift a little to their next game, or in this case, the big Gameday interviews in the next few days.

To say a game is a trap game doesn’t mean they’ll lose, it just means that their previous or next game could effect their play in the current game. The more professionally the games are approached, the better. If the players can control their energy, thoughts, and emotions from game to game, that’s best, but humans aren’t always capable of that, and that’s why this Missouri game has been called a possible trap game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prophet1
Truth is, JH doesn’t have to be out for RJ to return to the starting lineup.
If it turns out Horston misses the game which I don’t believe then to me either Kaiya Wynn or Jasmine Powell gets the start.
Maybe I’m wrong.. but we’ll see!

At this point I actually think it could benefit the team if Puckett and Jackson flip flopped. Not to punish Sara, but the give her an opportunity to see the game and get a feel before she goes in. She’s really been struggling lately and it could boost her confidence to come in and give the team a lift.

At this point I actually think it could benefit the team if Puckett and Jackson flip flopped. Not to punish Sara, but the give her an opportunity to see the game and get a feel before she goes in. She’s really been struggling lately and it could boost her confidence to come in and give the team a lift.

I have been thinking the same thing. Now I vaguely recall reading or hearing at some point that Sara's confidence and game improved after being given a starting slot -- may have been last season, even -- but she definitely appears to be needing some type of change to jumpstart her confidence again, and the idea of her coming off the bench after watching a few minutes is definitely worth trying.

I’m for any switch that gets Rickea in the game.

Wynn isn't going from not playing to starting. What is going on today, is it a full moon?
giphy.gif

Anyone who has played sports knows that they are full of superstitions, like wearing the same dirty socks in the next baseball game because you had a 3-3 game hitting that day. Everything does not have to be explained by stats. It makes the game fun. Chill out some.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Anyone who has played sports knows that they are full of superstitions, like wearing the same dirty socks in the next baseball game because you had a 3-3 game hitting that day. Everything does not have to be explained by stats. It makes the game fun. Chill out some.
Just when the board had clearly divided into opposing camps on the trap 🪤 game issue, you come up in here trying to be reasonable… 😏

People need to get outside of this VolNation box and think for a change that’s for sure.
As I’ve said and I’m going to stick with it 100% if Jordan Horston doesn’t play today which I believe this rumor isn’t true then to fill her starting position will be either Jasmine Powell or Kaiya Wynn.
It doesn’t matter at all about how much Wynn has played recently as much it does with the coaching philosophy. Rickea J is the leading scorer in the SEC for a 2nd year in a row and she comes off the bench based on a theory.
Call it what you want but it’s a 50/50 chance that either Wynn or Powell starts if this JH absent rumor is true.

I could have sworn that Angel Reese was the leading scorer in the SEC. Jackson is 3rd I think.

or were you saying that she could be with more minutes?

Okay I know there are stat folks watching every word but it doesn’t change the fact that Rickea at a point if not TODAY was leading the SEC in scoring in CONFERENCE play. If a player on another team has a higher scoring per game average that would be for the entire season not SEC play. This per NCAA analysts not me!

Reactions: Ovol
i don’t see JH in none of the warm up pictures so not a good sign

Last edited:
I could have sworn that Angel Reese was the leading scorer in the SEC. Jackson is 3rd I think.

or were you saying that she could be with more minutes?

Announcers kept mentioning that Rickea was the leading scorer in SEC games only. Meaning when they got to SEC play she was leading the league. I think Reese overtook her for that last game though.

Okay I know there are stat folks watching every word but it doesn’t change the fact that Rickea at a point if not TODAY was leading the SEC in scoring in CONFERENCE play. If a player on another team has a higher scoring per game average that would be for the entire season not SEC play. This per NCAA analysts not me!
Gotcha!

VN Store

Back