Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 7

Arnold actually reminds me a lot of Ellen Renfroe. She has a lot of natural movement on her pitches. When she's on she's ON. But she has a tendency to go mentally haywire from time to time for whatever reason and when that happens she looks like she's not even D-1 capable.

Yes. She faced 4 batters and 3 of them scored. She got 1 out.

Thank you! Someone on her a few weeks ago said she was a very good left hander and i did not know.And she may be but sounds like she is about like our others. At least she can hit.:thud:

The lost weekend we'll see where we go from here. We found out our pitching staff is in total chaos because everyone we have got blasted this series. You wonder if it is a fluke or what we truly are. I know Arnold and Moss were successful in the SEC last season can't understand they would suddenly totally lose all ability.

I winder if the #2 ranking got in their head a bit and they thought Carolina was going to roll over, but when they lost Friday night it just shook everyones confidence

Morgan has some stuff just no command in or out of zone today (first pitch in a game this year). She could have potential. Her and Sprang with control could be good for us obviously not there yet by any means.

LVs dropped from #1 in the SEC to #8 after this weekend. Two walk-off losses weren't great, but their failure to come back today or find an answer to anything will be costly. We're in the same predicament as last year, with only two pitchers that sometimes struggle. Unless something changes, Sprang isn't going to give Moss and Arnold the help they need down the stretch.

Our team ERA for the year was 1.41 coming into this series. It's now 2.09. Yikes. That will be 9th or 10th in the SEC after this weekend's games.

Saw this coming a mile away. Spring break trip to Hawaii, coming back with jet lag then having to travel to South Carolina who is better than expected. Just let it get away from us in the first two games and then the third game the wheels just fell off.

Saw this coming a mile away. Spring break trip to Hawaii, coming back with jet lag then having to travel to South Carolina who is better than expected. Just let it get away from us in the first two games and then the third game the wheels just fell off.

Could be. Not being a smart aleck, I don't know because I've never traveled more than 1 time zone, but how long does it take to get over jet lag? And why didn't jet lag get them in Hawaii, we were there 4 days and gave up 8 total runs in 6 wins.

Since you brought it up I checked the other teams in the Hawaii tourney. Maryland also played this weekend and won 2 of 3 at Penn State. North Dakota won 2 of 3 at Portland State. Cleveland State hasn't played yet, they scheduled 11 days off after the Hawaii tourney. I did notice that even though North Dakota won 2 of 3 their pitching got hammered, giving up 8 runs per game after giving up only 4 per game in Hawaii.

Hopefully your theory is correct and we'll be better rested and ready to go against UGA. If not it could be ugly. They have the #2 team batting average in the country (.363). South Carolina had a team batting average of .290 coming into our series.

Could be. Not being a smart aleck, I don't know because I've never traveled more than 1 time zone, but how long does it take to get over jet lag? And why didn't jet lag get them in Hawaii, we were there 4 days and gave up 8 total runs in 6 wins..

Because going east to west is easy. It's coming back to the east that's hard.

Pitching was the entire problem in the SC series normal performances by the pitchers we win two of the games. I can't say what the problem was but hopefully they can get back to where they were very unrealistic to think they can't pitch in the SEC after last season performances.
This series coming up at home with Georgia is big. We need two of the games and hopefully three.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back