Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Team week 3

Gaffin strikes out

there down to there last at bat

game over Arizona wins

the score is 1 to 0

Pitcher struck out the side .Zona wins.

Lady Vols just could not buy a hit today with runners in scoring position

I did shoot an E Mail to UT and asked why no audio :)

if I sent it to the right place,I will post what they say and who to contact about it

Yeah, watched the final couple of innings on Game Tracker. All three of our hitters struck out in the 7th inning. O'Toole was a lefty. With so many lefties in our line-up it must have been tough but Gregg is starting to come on. She had two hits against her. We really need some of our veterans to start producing in big games and give the freshman time to mature. This pitcher also beat 4th ranked LSU. She transferred to Arizona from SDSU. Wish we could have gotten a transfer like that.

I'm glad we don't play in terrible early season tourney's and the Weekly's believe in playing the good teams to get the ladies ready for SEC play

We will get better...last weekend Ralph said it may take another month for them to settle on a lineup/batting order

I am surprised Gabriel started. I don't profess to understand this.

Regardless, Gaffin pitched great in relief after Erin gives up the first batter home run. But the LV bats were silent.

I am mildly disappointed in the start to this season. The LV's have now lost to Arizona State and Arizona. They have to start beating top-ranked teams. Beating mid-majors, no matter how good they are, won't get the LV's anywhere.

Come on team, let's get all three going - pitching, fielding, and the bats.

I did get an answer back on why no audio,all they said was

"Sorry for the inconvenience, we have just been unable to travel someone with the team to do radio these past two weeks. After this weekend’s tournament, the remainder of our games will all have radio and most will also either be on TV or streamed online through SEC Network +/WatchESPN.

Marshall we be doing radio for tonight’s game against us, so you can listen to that broadcast by clicking this link.
WFGH-HD5

Tomorrow’s game against Alabama will be streamed on SEC Network + at this link.
Watch Tennessee vs. Alabama Live Online at WatchESPN

Thank you for your support of Tennessee Softball!"

Anybody know why the coaches started Gabriel this morning and then pulled her after one run and one inning? Did she tweak something? Didn't seem to make a lot of sense but proved smart as Gaffin pitched superbly.

Anybody know why the coaches started Gabriel this morning and then pulled her after one run and one inning? Did she tweak something? Didn't seem to make a lot of sense but proved smart as Gaffin pitched superbly.

She was pulled because she had trouble finding the strike zone. Why she started I don't know.

Listen guys. You're going to need to give this team a little time. A lot of new moving parts. We have a lot of freshmen. It took Gregg a little while to get going last year. The same with McSwain and Geer. Once this team gets going they're going to be tough. We really need a freshman pitcher to come on. Who pitches the second game tonight?

Reactions: 1 person

Nope she is fine....Ralph and Karen do things that get us wins or put us in a position to win so we go with it :rock:

VN Store

Back